Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

... One of RM's weaknesses is the visibility of text items sometimes I spend a bit time to find the correct item... (in my menus many items have the same icon and the text is something very important in this case...)

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

... One of RM's weaknesses is the visibility of text items sometimes I spend a bit time to find the correct item... (in my menus many items have the same icon and the text is something very important in this case...)

Go to the skin you're using's folder.

Click skin definition

You can change whatever you want about the text from there.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Hello,

I'm using lot of docks and would like to know if there is a way to have an offset that can push the text to the right or down side of an item icon ?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

You can do it only by modifying RM2 module. Modify RM2_CreateItemBitmap() function, in parts which call Gdip_TextToGraphics() function (2 times; for text and text shadow) ;)

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Hum interesting... I will take a look at that thanks

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Here are some Orb skin variations - clean & simple - coming soon... ;)

EDIT: added support for GDI+ hatches. Updated screenshot

Orb%20skin%20variations.png

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
Radial menu application updated to v4.41What's new?
  • Improved reliability in Navigator by adding extra Sleep, 50; "SendInput, {End}{Space}{Backspace}{enter}" --> "SendInput, {End}{Space}{Backspace}     Sleep, 50         SendInput, {enter}"
  • Fixed mistake in documentation; AutoSubmenuMarking has to be placed in [SkinOverride] section instead of [General] section in General settings.txt. (Thanks Ethan!)
  • Updated instructions how to have second RMShowHotkey
  • Added a few more commands in RMApp_AHKCommand()
  • Added More skins and previews link in Skin and profile changer
  • includes newest AutoHotkey and RM2module
RM2module updated to v2.22
What's new?
  • Improved performance; faster menu drawing, decreased memory usage
  • Added a plenty of new skin attributes; MenuShadowWidth, MenuShadowInnerColor, MenuShadowOuterColor, MenuBackHatchStyle, MenuBackHatchFrontColor, MenuBackHatchBackColor, MenuBackHatchShrink, MenuBackOuterRimHatchStyle, MenuBackOuterRimHatchFrontColor, MenuBackOuterRimHatchBackColor, MenuBackOuterRimHatchShrink, ItemBackHatchStyle, ItemBackHatchFrontColor, ItemBackHatchBackColor, ItemBackHatchShrink, MenuBackCenter, MenuBackCenterShrink
  • AutoSubmenuMark was previously hard-coded to **, and now it become variable. It can be changed in in skin definition, for example; AutoSubmenuMark = +. If ommited ** applies as default AutoSubmenuMark.
  • Skins. There are 2 new skins; 1) Orb, 2) Steel and gold. Some skins are pulled out from the standard package and can be downloaded separately. For more info see RM2module and Radial menu v4 skins.

gemisigo
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2015 02:36 PM

What about "Auto menu move" feature as demonstrated below? The menu moves towards the mouse cursor depending on how you move it. Move speed ratio can be finely tuned (slower/faster) and completely disabled, of course.
Auto%20menu%20move.gif
Note: Item glow is not visible

Anyone likes this idea? In my opinion, this feature gives impression like the menu interacts with the user and "listens" to his moves; gives dynamic/alive look... It also decreases mouse movement required to reach items, because "items are coming to you", which is especially useful in larger menus. Or it just looks too confusing?

Very interesting. Looking forward to it. When is it going to be available?

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

I'm very busy at the moment, so I really don't know... I hope I'll finish it once... ;)

chromax
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2017 02:04 PM

1) First Version, but more Flat. Less objects are better because you will see this in front of applications with their own graphic style.

2) "Plastic"

3) Less effects. I would work with realistic scenarios, less items, long names and a hover state. How about a little opacity?

It looks "dull" because its interactive design. In real-life you can make the hovered element in a nice full color (Blue, orange) and the text white. Also try a dark version. A little IOS7 Versus Metro. For inspiration, one of the best Win7 Theme in my opinion is "static". 

Do we need this "Plate" around the items? Why not flying around? Maybe with a little "biological"-animations with easing effects? 

But overall good work! 

I'm working on a new skin... Have 3 questions:
1) Which version looks best to you? (Second version looks best to me...)
2) Any suggestions which name to choose for that skin?
3) Something to add/remove/modify to make it look better?

20131012%20skin.png

chromax
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2017 02:04 PM

Maybe some inspiration!?

Played a little bit...with a turbulent background.

radial.png

jkd
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 06 2014 11:12 PM

very impressive  

thanks

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Awesome chromax ! this is the direction I would like that Radial Menu follow up... easy on the eyes and powerful !

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

To people who want to use mouse gestures.ahk and My RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk together, just add

if RMApp_RMShowHotkeyConditions() != "block" { 

after

MG_Recognize(FuncPrefix="", MGHotkey="", ToolTip=0, MaxMoves=3, ExecuteMGFunction=1, SendIfNoDrag=1) {

and a } at the end.

EDIT Maybe never mind, having problems.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Hello there,

How I can execute a function in dock who have no child menu ?

I've got this in Hotkeys and it works very well with docks who have a child menu

#If RM2_IsDockUnderMouse()
*LButton::
SelectedItem := RM2_DockHandler2("r","gn pos")	; shows aproppriate child menu and returns selected %A_ThisMenuItem%|%A_ThisMenu%
if (SelectedItem != "") {
	StringSplit, sel, SelectedItem, |	; sel2 = Selected menu, sel1 = Selected item position (number)
	%sel2%.Execute(sel1)
}
return
#If