Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
me lance
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Mar 17 2015 05:00 PM

Hi Learning One,

Thanks for your reply.  The splash screen displays and the notify icon appear, however; the application completely quits immediately after the splash screen disappears.  I tried to reinstall using the "New Users" RM 4.41 zip to no avail.  I, of course, know this has something to do with my system since it started happening out of the blue and version 4.41 was working just last week.  I tried a completely fresh install by removing the entire Radial Menu directory and it still doesn't work.  I'm not sure what on my machine is suddenly killing it but hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Thanks,

L

beeski
  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2016 08:21 PM

It's demonstrated here, but not implemented yet... Do you like the idea?

Please update to newest RM version and it will work. Stop using outdated RMs; they are programmed to stop woking and therefore "force" you to update.

as regards the 'idea' -- i love it. my RM has grown rather large over time, so i'd find this very helpful if it worked ergonomically.

as for the update -- it did the trick, thank you! (i however keep thinking this kind of 'safety' could backfire should development stop at some point and users still wanted to keep using the program. i know it's free and you are more than entitled to do as you see fit but a way to bypass this would be welcome i think -- or do you disagree?)

LiquidGravity
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2014 04:11 PM

@LiquidGravity: Thanks for suggestion. When user gets used to auto-menu movement, there should not be item overshooting... probably...

Does that circle launcher app on android has items positioned in one or more rings?

CircleLauncher supports 1 or 2 ring circles as well as line (horizontal, or vertical), square, and folder. Can also be semicircular to a corner or a side of the screen. If there are too many items it overlaps them and highlights them bigger near the "cursor". Here is a link: https://play.google.....circlelauncher

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

@me lance: I hope you'll figure out what's happening... If you want, run script below and PM me results; it might be helpful in solving a problem... wink.png

Result = 
(`
ComSpec:		%ComSpec%
A_Temp:			%A_Temp%
A_OSType:		%A_OSType%
A_OSVersion:		%A_OSVersion%
A_Language:		%A_Language%
A_ComputerName:		%A_ComputerName%
A_UserName:		%A_UserName%
A_WinDir:		%A_WinDir%
A_ProgramFiles:		%A_ProgramFiles%
A_AppData:		%A_AppData%
A_AppDataCommon:	%A_AppDataCommon%
A_Desktop:		%A_Desktop%
A_DesktopCommon:	%A_DesktopCommon%
A_StartMenu:		%A_StartMenu%
A_StartMenuCommon:	%A_StartMenuCommon%
A_Programs:		%A_Programs%
A_ProgramsCommon:	%A_ProgramsCommon%
A_Startup:		%A_Startup%
A_StartupCommon:		%A_StartupCommon%
A_MyDocuments:		%A_MyDocuments%
A_IsAdmin:		%A_IsAdmin%
A_ScreenWidth:		%A_ScreenWidth%
A_ScreenHeight:		%A_ScreenHeight%
YMD:	%A_YYYY% %A_MM% %A_DD%
A_IPAddress1:		%A_IPAddress1%
A_IPAddress2:		%A_IPAddress2%
A_IPAddress3:		%A_IPAddress3%
A_IPAddress4:		%A_IPAddress4%
)

Clipboard := Result
MsgBox % Result

@beeski: I'm glad to hear you solved the problem by updating and that you like Auto menu move idea. I'll think about disabling that "must update or stop working" thing wink.png

@LiquidGravity: Thank you for the reference :)

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Here's ready to run test script which demonstrates Auto menu move feature.
Press F1 to show big menu, and F2 to show small menu.
Adjust Auto menu move ratio with a slider. Setting it to 0 completely disables auto menu move.

How do you like it? What do you think?
IMO, at first it looks intrusive and confusing, but when you prepare your mind that menu items will come closer to you, and thus ease your job, it feels & looks better.
Note that this is not completely finished yet and should only be used for testing.

hahamed
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Jun 02 2016 02:58 AM

How to Add FadeIn and FadeOut to main Window (MenuBack and MenuFore)?

In Radial menu v4 I used this code In Loop and change Transparent value:

UpdateLayeredWindow(hwnd, hdc, (A_ScreenWidth-Width)/2, (A_ScreenHeight-Height)/2, Width, Height, Transparent)

But I don't know where place it.

At all How to add fade effect?

thanks.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Hi hahamed,

there is no option which allows you to regulate fade in/out effect. You can do it only by writing your custom codes. I gave up to make fade in/out effect avilable because during my tests, I concluded that such effects are cool when I fade in/out menus for the the first 200-300 times, and after that, it looked like distraction to me; I wanted to have menus instantly fully visible, and did't want to wait for them to do their fade in/out stuff. So I choose that functionality (instantly fully visible menus) has precedence over good look (cool fade in/out transition). Also, making fade in/out effect available would require different approach in coding and would increase memory consumption.

chris_cc
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Nov 26 2014 04:59 PM

Hi all,

RM is an application that I've wanted for years! So far I have managed to set radial menu to appear via keyboard shortcut, but I'm a bit confused by (i) Sending a keyboard stroke/s (ii) issues with my stylus. I would like to interact with radial menu with my tablet's stylus (it's a Bosto 22HDX), but on 'click' with the stylus it doesn't register. I would like to program several items with keystrokes for functions within Photoshop..etc..

I added:

Send(What) {

Send, %What%

}

line to the functions file, then created an item with this:

Text= Select All
Icon=
Action= fun Send ^a

When using my mouse I can interact with RM, but my item does nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Chris.

fabphil
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2014 06:36 PM

You may have to deal with this or wait for a better answer:

1 - Write your text in a file

2 - create this function and adapt the path of the text file to your needs in MyFunctions.ahk:

WriteMyText()
{
	FileRead, MyText, D:\Apps\RM2module\MyText.txt
	Sleep, 300
	SendInput, %MyText%
}
return

3 - In the item action put this: fun WriteMyText

unfortunately this does not work for me. 

*managed to make it work thank you for ure help!

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Hi chris_cc,

replace Action= fun Send ^a with Action= fun Send|^a
For more info, read RM help\Item Action possibilities\Executing functions; Vertical line character; | is the default delimiter (can be changed) between function to call and its parameters.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Radial menu application updated to v4.42

What's new?

• internal maintenance
  • includes newest AutoHotkey

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

NewSkin20141214.jpg

- new skin in progress...

multi
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 20 2015 09:31 PM

Hi Learning one,

I've been using Radial Menu for a long time now and I don't know how I would use my computer efficiently without it. Few questions however if you could. 

1) on Page 79 ish on this thread, there was a featured demoed called the "Auto Menu Move". Is this feature still going to be added as an option in Radial Menu? I think it would be awesome to have the menu

2) One idea that I thought would be neat involves the "Radial Menu Designer" and Skins. So the Radial Menu Designer allows you to create new Items (individual circle entities,programs,scripts,etc) and add them to a Radial Menu. However all of the items on the menu are of the same style as dictated by the skin chosen. I've had ideas for skins for Radial Menu, however it involves having multiple items with different skins. So my question is that is there a way to select multiple skins for multiple items on the same Radial Menu. In other words have items 1 be of 1 style while having other items be in other styles. Having this feature somehow integrated into the Radial Menu Designer, perhaps in a dropdown to select the skin while all items created while that skin is selected will have that skin applied to them? I think it would allow for creative skins to be made.

3) Programming question:  I want to black list autohotkey if I'm using particular applications. I know that in the "RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk" I can achieve this however my attempts are unsuccessful. I am using one of the examples listed in the file:

RMApp_RMShowHotkeyConditions() {
WinGetClass, ActiveWinClass, % "ahk_id " WinExist("A")
if ActiveWinClass in Notepad,MSPaintApp
        return "block" ; blocks RMShowHotkey
}

I want to block other applications, such as Chrome or video games, however I am unsure what name to put in the if statement. I have tried numerous things such as "Chrome","Chrome.exe", "WoW","WoW.exe","World of Warcraft"; just to name a few examples.

If anybody has any suggestions on these points I would be more than grateful.

Thanks,

Multi

Carrozza
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  • Last active: Mar 02 2016 09:51 AM

The new skin looks awesome!

It might even be a reason to start using this script, which I lurked from time to time since I became an AutoHotkey user.

Keep up the good work!

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Oct 06 2017 05:01 PM

3) Programming question:  I want to black list autohotkey if I'm using particular applications. I know that in the "RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk" I can achieve this however my attempts are unsuccessful. I am using one of the examples listed in the file:

RMApp_RMShowHotkeyConditions() {
WinGetClass, ActiveWinClass, % "ahk_id " WinExist("A")
if ActiveWinClass in Notepad,MSPaintApp
        return "block" ; blocks RMShowHotkey
}

I want to block other applications, such as Chrome or video games, however I am unsure what name to put in the if statement. I have tried numerous things such as "Chrome","Chrome.exe", "WoW","WoW.exe","World of Warcraft"; just to name a few examples.

If anybody has any suggestions on these points I would be more than grateful.

Thanks,

Multi

Use Window Spy in the ahk folder (preinstalled, if you cant find it search the forums)

ffcb01bc85.png

it will give you what you need to block the programs youre trying for example chrome. Should return something close to this:

050f97c9f5.png

To block it you just need the ahk class which is : Chrome_WidgetWin_1

Then you just put that in the coding on your RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk

Use Window Spy for all your class needs just bring to focus whatever program you want blocked and copy the class down

Another Example of what mine looks like personally:

99337f1dba.png