Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
multi
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 20 2015 09:31 PM

Use Window Spy in the ahk folder (preinstalled, if you cant find it search the forums)

ffcb01bc85.png

it will give you what you need to block the programs youre trying for example chrome. Should return something close to this:

050f97c9f5.png

To block it you just need the ahk class which is : Chrome_WidgetWin_1

Then you just put that in the coding on your RMShowHotkey conditions.ahk

Use Window Spy for all your class needs just bring to focus whatever program you want blocked and copy the class down

Another Example of what mine looks like personally:

99337f1dba.png

This solved my problem. I was using the window spy before posting but I was copying the wrong information. Thank you Wickster.

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jun 03 2019 03:24 AM

This solved my problem. I was using the window spy before posting but I was copying the wrong information. Thank you Wickster.

You're very welcome glad I could help out :)

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM
@multi: I'm glad you like Radial menu.
Yes, I plan to implement Auto Menu Move feature in RM4 and RM2module. This post contains link to  test script which demonstrates Auto menu move feature, however, the feature is not completely finished yet and isn't ready for official release.
There is no way to select multiple skins on the same radial menu. You can have only 1 skin per script/process. The next generation of radial menus;  RM3module (which is a complete overwrite with many improvements and new features) will probably allow you to have multiple skins at once.

@Wickster: thanks for giving user to user support

@Carrozza: I'm glad you like new skin. Below are some more previews. I'm still thinking is there something more I should do to make it look better, but I think that's it...  happy.png  Any suggestions for the skin name? I was thinking to give it a name "Black disc" …
Radial%20menu%20-%20new%20skin%20preview

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts

@Wickster: thanks for giving user to user support

You're welcome :) anytime.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

hello,

I found that we could call a menu while a file is selected in drag'n drop mode. Could be a useful feature to have the possibility to "open files with" a selected items in this case ?

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM
Learning one, what if you make a tutorial for making Radial Menu skin?
So people could make and contribute their skins to the community too
bth_06.gif

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Learning one, what if you make a tutorial for making Radial Menu skin?
So people could make and contribute their skins to the community too
bth_06.gif

I could do that, if it was okay with Learning one, although i probably dont know everything about radial menu skins (made a few only)

beeski
  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2016 08:21 PM

i've been using radial menu extensively for editing, and wondered, since i never read up on any examples of usage, how everyone is incorporating RM into their workflows.

it would be interesting to hear (and maybe see screenshots) of how you're using RM.

i am sure it could be quite inspiring for other users.

(i for one am fairly sure i'm only using a fraction of what it's capable of...)

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

I found that we could call a menu while a file is selected in drag'n drop mode. Could be a useful feature to have the possibility to "open files with" a selected items in this case ?

Nice idea :)

... tutorial for making Radial Menu skin ...

Good idea, I'll try to do it when I'll have more time.
P.S. I'm glad to see you're back to AHK forum! happy.png

... I could do that, if it was okay with Learning one ...

I'm absolutely OK with that; everybody is welcome to help & contribute happy.png

... radial menu - examples of usage - how others use RM ...

Uh.... I use it for many things - I'll try to be short... tongue.png

I use radial menus to open frequently used files (apps, docs, scripts) and folders.
For opening less frequently used stuff, I use Everything Search Engine; in my setup, Win+w hotkey displays Everything search window.

I have many items in radial menu which execute custom functions: add a bookmark in MS Word, go to bookmark, print a document, download some data, check e-mail acconts, auto-fill fields in forms, play music from a playlist, insert text, etc.

I have context sensitive radial menus for SciTE4AutoHotkey, and Paint.net, which allow me to quickly select drawing tools, call dialogs, do effects, insert text...

My RM automatically launches (if they aren't already launched) MS Word, Everything search engine, Magnifier, TTS engine with 2 voices; English and Croatian, VirtuaWin and ScreenClip2Win.

I have hotkeys to Execute selected text (RMApp_ExecuteSelectedText()), to do ScreenClip2Win, copy plain text, invert screen colors, read selected text (TTS), change volume.

I have one special hotkey - CEDILLA (SC029) which operates in this way: when I press & hold it for 0.3 second or more, it displays a radial menu where I can select what this hotkey will do (some sort of setting dialog), and when I press & release it briefly (for less that 0.3 second), it does what I previously told it to do. In short; press & hold = set, press = do it.

I use mouse gestures to manage virtual desktops (I use VirtuaWin and have 3 virtual desktops setup), to resize, arrange and close windows, call some additional radial menus, get full paths of selected files & folders, and run selected file in Windows Explorer with predefined app; usually to run a Script.ahk with Radial menu.exe (renamed AutoHotkey.exe) on computers which don't have AutoHotkey installed.

I use Navigator to quickly navigate to frequently used folders in Windows Explorer and in Open/Save dialog windows in many apps.

I use a few hotstrings mainly to insert dates in specific format, signatures, and my e-mail address.

I use "My NCHITTEST" to toggle always on top state of the window, and sometimes to change window's transparency.

I use OnRMShowHotkey event (when LButton and RButton are down) to easily highlight selected text in MS Word and Outlook.

There is more what I do with RM, but stuff mentioned above is probably the most important...
It definitely speeds up my workflow and makes it more comfortable, enjoyable and easier. cool.png

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

I have one special hotkey - CEDILLA (SC029) which operates in this way: when I press & hold it for 0.3 second or more, it displays a radial menu where I can select what this hotkey will do (some sort of setting dialog), and when I press & release it briefly (for less that 0.3 second), it does what I previously told it to do. In short; press & hold = set, press = do it.

That sounds really useful. Can you post the code for that?

werneck
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jan 08 2015 07:28 PM

Hey Learning one! Thanks for making this, I love it!

I'm trying to make radialmenu into a simple virtual keyboard. I have a very very basic idea of how autohotkey works - didn't have much trouble assigning the keys to items, organizing them and changing the select method to click, but I can't seem to figure out how to prevent the menu from closing after selecting an item. Is it possible to have it stay on screen as I click on multiple items, and only close when I right click a second time?

Thanks in advance!

beeski
  • Members
  • 158 posts
  • Last active: Mar 06 2016 08:21 PM

hello,

how does the hotkey code for 'call a menu while file is selected in d&d mode' look?

thank you.

btw is this a universal autohotkey feature, or something that has been programmed specifically for RM?

Topsy
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2015 12:36 PM

it would be interesting to hear (and maybe see screenshots) of how you're using RM.

I guess it goes without saying that all of us use it to open our favourite applications :p , but, aside from that: 

I have a context sensitive menu on Photoshop, it's where I put hard-to-reach hotkeys since I only have my left hand on the keyboard. My right hand is usually busy holding the tablet pen. The hotkeys themselves aren't interesting, they're binded to things like Duplicate Layer, Lock Transparency, Quick Mask, etc. 

I also have a context-sensitive menu for my web browser. The menu's buttons send a hotkey that activates Chrome's omnibox, and then sends the first 4 letters of sites I frequent, then sends Enter (There's probably a better way to do this, but I haven't bothered to find out since it works okay).

My Navigator is where I put frequently accessed directories, but it's only useful to me when I'm on a file manager; when it comes to open/save dialogues, it's generally the FlashFolders app that helps me get to where I want on my system.

The look of my RM skin isn't particularly interesting, but I did change the default sound-effects in favour of gentler noises :p

I've only used RM for 7 months, and it is under constant use everyday, it has proven to be a very reliable tool for my purposes, and I can't thank LearningOne enough for taking the time to share this program.

I think it's been 4 months since my last reconfiguration or tweak. Until LearningOne releases a major update, new feature, or a code overhaul that makes RM better or more extensible than it already is, my RM configuration will not change, nor will my attitude towards it. 

But who knows? Peoples' needs are always changing, and my needs are no exception, nor are LearningOne's.  ;)

I use Everything Search Engine; in my setup, Win+w hotkey displays Everything search window.

Nice, I'm also using Win+W to open Everything!

Topsy
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jan 31 2015 12:36 PM

Oh yeah, regarding my first post on this thread: I've fixed the issue already, turns out I needed to be using 32-bit AHK_L as opposed to 64-bit! I only just figured this out last week, after I had read somewhere that 32-bit AHK_L is less problematic.

For future reference: I navigated to AHK_L's installation directory, ran Installer.ahk and selected the option that reconfigured AHK_L into 32-bit. Then I redownloaded RM2module and ran Example 1.ahk. Finally displayed correctly for the first time :)