Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

RADIAL MENU scripts - migrated to new forum

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic
Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2016 02:30 PM

@Moderated:

Is there a way to detect if you click or right click while radial menu is open? I'm thinking about trying something where if you click while it's open a textbox slides out the center and it runs whatever you type.

You can have menu item which will execute custom function: open a textbox which will run wathever you type. If you mean/want some sort of event which will fire when you select something or not (no matter if you clicked on item or in blank space inside menu, center of menu, outside of menu, wathever), such event is not built-in yet... closest available events are OnRMShowHotkey and BeforeExecuteItem - see RM help.

Can you make so RMD uses the skin you're using?

Yes but I currently don't have motivation to do it...

@regbalt: see saltito's answer (Thx saltito) with one warning: if you want to wait 50 ms (or some other number) before going to the next command, use Sleep, 50  Do not use Send, {Sleep 50} which was mistakenly used in that post...

@Relvexial:Hello, I'm glad you like RM. Regarding problem with Radial Menu designer; have you changed your DPI scaling? See this post and my answer after it (I still didn't get confirmation from beeski did solution I posted there solved the problem...)

My Website • Recommended: AutoHotkey Unicode 32-bit • Join DropBox, Copy

Relvexial
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jun 12 2015 02:32 PM

Thanks Learning One! DPI was set to medium (rather then default). Changing that fixed the offset problem!

maxcher
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jun 08 2015 09:46 AM

ok so i really like this script, but this topic has 87 pages so ididn't really look all thorugh.

anyway, i have a small script (im a beginner)) and i use these 2 frequently

RButton & WheelDown::Send {Browser_Back}
RButton & WheelUp::Send {Browser_Forward}

but when i open radial menu theydon't t work, is there a way to solve this? mayb assign the radial menu to another key? 
or my functions to another mouse button (i really got used to these with right mouse)

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

@Relvexial: I'm glad to hear that changing DPI scaling to default (100%) fixed the problem. But if you like medium (125%) scaling; keep it, and just add "-DPIScale" option to Radial menu designer codes, as described here, and it should work fine.

@maxcher: Hi, I'm glad you like Radial menu. As you said, you can assign radial menu to another key or your functions to another mouse button, but why don't you try this idea; use mouse gesture "left" to send Browser_Back and mouse gesture "right" to send Browser_Forward button while your browser is active window. To enable that, open RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk. Find the following demo lines;

MG_R() {    ; example
	MsgBox, 64, RM - mouse gesture example, Hello! I'm mouse gesture %A_ThisFunc%.`nYou can edit me in RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk
}

MG_L() {    ; example
	MsgBox, 64, RM - mouse gesture example, Hello! I'm mouse gesture %A_ThisFunc%.`nYou can edit me in RM\My codes\My mouse gestures.ahk
}

and replace them with this;

MG_R() {
	ActiveWinID := RMApp_Reg("ActiveWinID")
	WinGetClass, ActiveWinClass, ahk_id %ActiveWinID%
	if ActiveWinClass in MozillaWindowClass,Chrome_WidgetWin_1,Chrome_WidgetWin_0,IEFrame	; feel free to add another browser class...
		Send, {Browser_Forward}
}

MG_L() {
	ActiveWinID := RMApp_Reg("ActiveWinID")
	WinGetClass, ActiveWinClass, ahk_id %ActiveWinID%
	if ActiveWinClass in MozillaWindowClass,Chrome_WidgetWin_1,Chrome_WidgetWin_0,IEFrame	; feel free to add another browser class...
		Send, {Browser_Back}
}

Save it, reload Radial menu, and it should work. For more info about mouse gestures in Radial menu, read "Mouse gestures component" heading in RM\Help.htm.

Relvexial
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jun 12 2015 02:32 PM

One other question: Is there a way I could inject an 'IfEqual, A_ComputerName, WITTYCOMPUTERNAME ... Else...' type line to have Radial Menu use a specific profile depending on the computer its running from?

I have a few scripts that do this but as Radial Menu is magnitudes more sophisticated then any of my dinky little scripts I'm unsure where it would go/if its possible.

Thanks again & keep up the good work!

Camineet
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 24 2015 03:18 PM

TY LO for making this tool.  Can someone please help me with some basic setup things?

I want to set up 'send keystrokes' type function in the RM designer but can't figure out how to get started.

So far I have only managed to drag SumatraPDF.exe onto the designer and get that program to launch from RM. 

Can someone please tell me how to put 'send keystrokes' into the designer?

Specifically, to get started, I need the following keystroke combos for my Winamp global hotkeys.  These are  for basic media key functions such as play/pause, volume, etc.

Alt+space

Alt+a

Alt+z

Alt+v

Alt+,

Alt+.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • Last active: Jan 20 2018 02:44 PM

The best way would be to create a function in "My Functions.ahk" like this:

Send(What) {
	Send, %What%
	return
}

Then call this function with the prefix fun (function) in the item action via the radial menu designer

Action=	fun Send|!{Space}

"fun Send" action call the function Send() located in "My Functions.ahk" . While !{Space} are the keys to send (alt+space)

for the second example:

fun Send|!a

will send alt+a

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Hello,

I was not able to give an offset for items text, can you show me the way to deal with this ? It would be better to have this built in option for user who wants both an icon And a text ?

Camineet
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 24 2015 03:18 PM

TY for the instructions I'll look into it in a few days when I hopefully have solved a screen tearing problem on a new build.

Learning one
  • Members
  • 1483 posts

@Relvexial:

Is there a way I could inject an 'IfEqual, A_ComputerName, WITTYCOMPUTERNAME ... Else...' type line to have Radial Menu use a specific profile...

Try code below. Save SetRMProfile() function in My functions.ahk, and put your SetRMProfile() function calls in Radial menu.ahk, before RMApp_AutoExecute()

/*
;=== Example ===
if (ComputerName = "MyWorkComputerName")
	SetRMProfile("Work profile")
else
	SetRMProfile("Main profile")

; RMApp_AutoExecute() 
*/

;=== Function ===
SetRMProfile(ProfileName) {	; use it in Radial menu.ahk, before RMApp_AutoExecute()
	RM := A_ScriptDir
	FileRead, FileContents, % RM "\Internal\Internal.txt"
	FileContents := Trim(FileContents, " `t`r`n")
	ProfileName := Trim(ProfileName)
	Loop, parse, FileContents, `n, `r
	{
		Line := Trim(A_LoopField)
		if (A_Index = 1) {			; current profile name
			if (Line = ProfileName)	; already set to that profile - nothing to do
				return
			else {					; new profile
				Loop, Files, % RM "\Menu definitions\*.txt", F	; see if that profile exists
				{
					ExistingProfileNameTxt := StrReplace(A_LoopFileFullPath, RM "\Menu definitions\")   
					if (ExistingProfileNameTxt = ProfileName ".txt") {	; exists
						NewFileContents .= ProfileName "`n", DoesProfileExist := 1
						break
					}
				}
				if (DoesProfileExist != 1)	; requested profile doesn't exist - nothing to do
					return
			}
		}
		else		; other internal data which is not profile - just copy it
			NewFileContents .= Line "`n"
	}
	NewFileContents := RTrim(NewFileContents, "`n")
	FileDelete, % RM "\Internal\Internal.txt"	; delete old
	Sleep, 100
	FileAppend, % NewFileContents, % RM "\Internal\Internal.txt", UTF-8	; create new
	return ProfileName
}

@Camineet: Hi! I hope joefango's answer will help you.
@joefango: Thanks for giving user to user support. There is no an option to give an offset for items text - you can do it only by modifying internal codes; RM2module.ahk. At the moment, I don't have access to RM2module.ahk, but you should look for Gdip_TextToGraphics() functions in it and play with x y coordinates.

joefango
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Thanks for reply L1, such as my last try in 2014 and after many tries today I'm still not able to get what I want... I looked the function you pointed me, but to be honest I don't understand everything in there :/

If someone here can explain me how to give an offset to text items ?

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jun 03 2019 03:24 AM

I just upgraded my PC to windows 10, and was wondering if anyone else was or has been expriencing issues with RM4.42 I made sure AHK and the script were 100% updated before posting, seems that RM works just fine 80% of the time, but when my mouse is over FF or Chome or File Explorer or another menu per say it doesnt come up at all, and i have to go to my desktop to use it. Havent noticed anything else so far really. Just kinda bothersome sometimes. But I still love and will probably forever continue to use this program, I cant even really function well on a PC without it anymore XD

Moderated
  • Members
  • 124 posts
  • Last active: Aug 27 2015 04:01 PM

I just upgraded my PC to windows 10, and was wondering if anyone else was or has been expriencing issues with RM4.42 I made sure AHK and the script were 100% updated before posting, seems that RM works just fine 80% of the time, but when my mouse is over FF or Chome or File Explorer or another menu per say it doesnt come up at all, and i have to go to my desktop to use it. Havent noticed anything else so far really. Just kinda bothersome sometimes. But I still love and will probably forever continue to use this program, I cant even really function well on a PC without it anymore XD

You have to run Radial Menu as an administrator.

Wickster
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jun 03 2019 03:24 AM

You have to run Radial Menu as an administrator.

so now that I feel retarded, thanks. LOL. it worked, I guess windows 10 switched all my settings and stuff around from what I had it in 7. So thanks again :D

lIllIIlll
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active:

kool