Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

An update for AutoScriptWriter

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

But I post my actual [macro recorder] code here.
There will be some rework in keyboard-handling, but mouse should be finished.

For testing please click modifiers (inclusive mouse) minimum 50ms :D
I'll present a new version after weekend..

Thanks for that. I don't know much about the desktop coordinates issue, but I seem to remember it's a quirk of the OS. Offhand, I don't know how to fix it.

Also, there may be some things for a macro recorder that can never be done properly in a script (since AutoHotkey isn't designed to make scripts that are themselves macro recorders). So if you find anything like that, perhaps the recorder can be redesigned by you or someone else to use the hook DLL someone mentioned in another topic.

Thanks.

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2017 12:17 PM
I don't know this DLL.. (and didn't find a related topic with a quick search).
Does anyone know in which type of discussion it was mentioned?

I wasn't able to work on a new version at weekend and today I'll work on translation-tool. Might be wednesday for next release...

Thalon

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
I think this topic is the one that mentions the hook DLL (and several other macro recorder resources) such as this post: http://www.autohotke... ... 0926#30926

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
Thanks,
The dll was taken offline 2 weeks after providing the link here, but I have digged out some interesting links to have a look into...

The Script works at the moment (in general), but because of using a timer and Input-Command it loses some events. I'll try to find a better solution...

Thalon

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
There is lot of work to do in my company and in my spare-time.
I do not find enough free time until my holidays at christmas to have a look at better methods for Script-Recording (maybe hooks). :(

Will last some weeks before uploading a new file..

Thalon

AHKnow*
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I think you have done an awesome job so far. I have not been around for a while, but I'm getting back into AutoHotkey again. I will take a harder look at your script and let you know what I think or add things to it.

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
@AHKnow*
I'm a bit stuck actually.
The script above works in general, but can't catch fast user-input.
I didn't have the time to have a look at hooks at holidays and this is completely new to it.

My time... Where is my time.... ?
Thalon

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

My time... Where is my time.... ?

You have time... ? No fair :lol: :wink:

AHKnow*
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I have been looking at Thalon's script and Skrommerl's DoOver script ( http://www.donationc...krommel/#DoOver ).

Thalon, I think its better than you think. You have done much of the hard part and it appears you just need tweaking and a GUI. I don't think you need the hook DLL at the moment. I think your project may turn out like AHK Window Info, which replaced the (now oddly named) Window Spy. Also, it might be better if everything was done by script , so that it would be easier and faster to make changes.

I've been making a GUI, which is a blatant clone of the AutoScriptWriter (for test purposes) and doing side by side comparisons. I will post when I'm finished.

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
@AHKnow*
I'm looking forward to your script :)
The script does work good (for a alpha-version ;) ) for slow user-input, but misses a lot of the fast one.
The main thing here is key-input, because the Input-Command itself doesn't work that fast.

Thalon

AHKnow
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2009 09:11 PM
Ok, I made some changes. The reason why I did so, was to have something I could make a better comparison with AutoScriptWriter.

1. Added a minor GUI
2. Moved around, deleted, or edited some code so that it would "flow" or work better with the GUI.
3. Changed the name, because I thought AutoScriptWriterRenew was a bit much and I thought we should have a more AutoHotkey focused name. I'm quite sure that as time goes by, that the AHK ScriptWriter will look less and less like its "father" (AutoScriptWriter).

Thalon, I consider you "in charge" of this project and your versions as "official", until you relinquish control as the "project leader".

I'm still playing with it and will make more changes in the future, but anybody should feel free to make changes or suggestions.

Anyway, here's my play version

AHK_ScriptWriter_v02

Note- The GUI is launched from the Traymenu. When you press record, there will be a little "Stop" button on the upper left corner. Play = PlayBack.

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
@AHKnow
I'll have a look at it at home.
I wouldn't be mad also if you want to overtake the project...

I think I've started a bit too much and must get rid of some of my projects... :oops:

Thalon

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

1. Added a minor GUI
Anyway, here's my play version
AHK_ScriptWriter_v01

I tried it and it's nicely designed (ergonomic and effective). Although its reliability might ultimately be too limited due to the Input command (which wasn't designed to be used for macro recording), perhaps your work will generate ideas and enthusiam to find another way of collecting keystrokes and mouse-clicks (such as a hook DLL).

Thanks for spending time on it.

AHKnow*
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I'm not at all against using a hook dll, but the most likely dll to use would be ASWHook.dll or for a new hook dll to be created. Since many AutoHotkey users don't know another programming language, I think this type of script, AHK ScriptWriter, has lots of uses and could be easily modified by most AutoHotkey users.

I was thinking to push the script to whatever its limits were and comment on as much code as possible (so it would be even easier to maintain). If we hit a "brick wall", you never know if an innovative way could be found to get around it.

With the little GUI, I'm now clearly seeing differences between the script (AHK ScriptWriter) and AutoScriptWriter. This is a good thing and I've already made additional changes to AHK ScriptWriter.

I've also have some ideas and tricks that may help AHK ScriptWriter further. AutoScriptWriter has record&shrink and clean features. Something like this can be used in AHK ScriptWriter, but this concept could also be used to combine mouseclicks and key presses to simulate various actions.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Sounds good. I appreciate the work you and Thalon are doing for this. I think it could make things easier for new users.