Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

[Windows7]Let's add more features to Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic
jai_magical
  • Guests
  • Last active:
To anyone who use Windows 7, I'm proud to present "Preme for Windows 7".

All is done by Autohotkey, except the picture. These are the sample features.

"Touch Slide Window"
Windows Switcher Corner
Touch start
Make a window to be on top, etc.
Posted Image
Welcome to my website.
http://www.premeforwindows7.co.cc

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
You have quite some interesting concepts, I like the sliding windows at the borders, though it would be good to add a hotkey, because otherwise this won't work on custom drawn windows (like instant messengers). Also the demo for this is a bit buggy, notepad doesn't go to the left but stays on the screen, and I can't pull out Calc after the demo has finished.
The "hot corners" for start and taskswitch are also a good idea.
The feature that is supposed to set the mouse cursor over the jumplist close menu is not working for me, is it language-dependent?

Is there any way for you to release the sources?
I'm working on a somewhat similar script, though mine is mostly concerned about improving explorer, but I would like to incorporate some of those features so I don't have to run multiple scripts.
I would also be interested to see how you do some of those things.

Btw, RAM usage is more at 10MB(+4MB pagefile) here.

Also, I believe many people would prefer a simple archieve than a setup. You could still have autostart functionality by creating a link there or adding an autorun key in registry.

jai_magical
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks for your compliment, fragman. Now, I will answer you for each issue.

1. I still don't see what hotkey(such as Ctrl+L) is appropriate for. then this sentense I don't understand. "on custom drawn windows (like instant messengers)". The MSN window has some problem to this feature.

2. Notepad and Calculator will be checked in the different computer.

3. Cursor Up which is not working for you, I think you maybe right click and move your cursor immediately, so your cursor will be on your control. The solution is "Right click and do not move the cursor."

4. My source code, I still not consider if I make it opensource or not. So now I still not give to anyone.

5. RAM usage, I will inspect again, but my computer use aboout 2 MB for real!!!

The last part I will answer you later, Now I have to go.

My language is not strong. Some of your issue I may not understand or you may not understand my sentense. If that's true, I must say sorry.

RIST
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Last active: Aug 17 2012 08:36 PM
i can hide only calc. and notepad? and why that not work every time?
Keegi Siin ka Eestlane? :)

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
Hiding windows is definitely buggy.
Nevertheless, it is a cool feature, and I am wondering if I should implement something similar in my script too.

Paxx
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi @all,

i only have several problems using Preme. The most tools dont work. Only the "Touch start" seems to be working. Does someone have any ideas why it isnt fully working on my system? Win7 x64 Prof.

Like your work, if it will work to me, ill use it!

Greetings

Jai_Magical
  • Guests
  • Last active:
-The last section
Your idea is good for creating a link or adding an autorun key in registry. I will consider for the next version.

To Paxx,
I think you may hide the taskbar or do something that make your start button invisible. My engine must see the start button every time before it work. This is my concept for detecting the fullscreen which I don't want you annoyed by my program when you are in game or any fullscreen application. I hope this advice can solve your problem.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I think there might be a better way to detect fullscreen applications, maybe you can find something in this forum.

me myself & you
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Is there a possibility to get the source code? I would like to use the "touch slide window" functionality for my personal repository of window functions in my ahk script.

thx
Wallace

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I think I'm going to program a similar functionality myself later on.
It should be possible by using some GDI function to draw the sliders instead of using the window borders. That way, the window can be hidden and will have its usual position when an error occurs in the script.
Window movement would only happen for slide in/out animation, otherwise window position can be reset and window can be hidden.

I think it should even be possible to put more than one window at one side, if they are small enough in height.

Jai_Magical
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I think there might be a better way to detect fullscreen applications, maybe you can find something in this forum.

I have find several way for detecting fullscreen and I find every way I can find in this forum has a defect, so I use this solution, detecting start button. If you see what solution is very good. I will try to use it for the next version.

Paxx
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi guys,

im sorry the tip to hide the taskbar doenst work to me.
@ Jai_Magical I think u misunderstand me: Ive got preme, and none of the tools in preme except the "touch start" work, i dont get the dealing with the screen resolution. i like preme realy much, so im still searching for a solution to fix it. Maybe u have another option for me.

I tried to stop every tool and start only one to test it. Its like i said, only the "touch start" is activated. But Im realy intrested in the "windows switcher corner". Maybe anyone know to get it on another way?

Jai_Magical
  • Guests
  • Last active:
To Paxx,

I think now I understand you.

If your taskbar location is not bottom. This might be the problem.

Or if your start button is not regular, You have changed start button. This is a problem.

Paxx
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi again.

@Jai_Magical: Im sorry i didnt changend anything at my desktop. The button is at the button left corner. But i dont get the dealing again. The touch start works for me. Thats the tool to open the windows menu without clicking, so the button is recognized.

I want the hot corner thing, at the top left corner. Double click to open the Aero Flip 3d. Any idea?

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
This code should do it, pasted from the script I'm currently making.
I have not tested this separately, but it should work:

#persistent
AeroFlipTime:=0.5    ;Time mouse has to hover at top left corner for switch to happen
SetTimer, hovercheck, 10
return
hovercheck: 
	CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
  MouseGetPos, x, y 
  if ((x != lastx or y != lasty)&&x=0&&y=0&&!WinActive("ahk_class Flip3D"))
  { 
  	z:=-(AeroFlipTime*1000+1)
      SetTimer, hovering, %z%
  } 
  lastx := x 
  lasty := y 
	return 
hovering: 	
	CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
  if (GetKeyState("LButton") || GetKeyState("RButton") || WinActive("ahk_class Flip3D"))
      return 
  MouseGetPos, x, y
	if(x!=0||y!=0)
		return 	
  Send ^#{Tab} 
	SetTimer, hovering, off
  return
#IfWinActive, ahk_class Flip3D 
Space::Enter 
Left::Right 
Right::Left 
Down::Up