Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AHK Web Browser? Is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic
tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM
Well... Since I'm using a very low-end PC, I need a lightweight, fast and stable web browser.
Maybe someone here could make it (just like Trout or nDroid), so the people on the forum could add more features to it, via add-ons or something.
I'd love ahk web browser because it's flexible and anyone can modify it to their own taste =)

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
you could:
Add an IE control
then make 'plug-ins' with COM and/or javascript.
or stand-alone plugins like my mass IE image downloader/viewer (not released).

been asked a few times before though.
general answer is "kinda pointless because it'd be a pain to program all the web compatibility stuff" (or something like that).

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
I can recommend <!-- m -->http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/<!-- m --> and opera 10 (10.5 just new) they run on low end systems quite well in my experience and you can still use "web 2.0"

<!-- m -->http://www.fenrir-inc.com/us/sleipnir/<!-- m --> looks interesting as well.

Otherwise you will need to look for browsers lacking lots of features such as <!-- m -->http://offbyone.com/offbyone/<!-- m --> it will be fast but you'll miss out on the goodies and sites will not work.

fred
  • Guests
  • Last active:
GreenBrowser is also based on IE but also good i think.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Oct 13 2016 01:04 AM
green browser sucks a@#$%^&
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
done no im not going to support it or enhance it ill leave that to the rest of you spending 20 minutes on this was more than i intended

obviously relies on COM
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...mplebrowser.zip<!-- m -->
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
  • Last active:
Tip for folks who use the simplebrowser script, if the picture buttons(forward,back,stop,etc.) in the browser are fuzzy remove the w20 and h20 options from Gui, Add, Picture lines; that should fix it.

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
When I tried to execute simplebrowser.ahk, I got this error message.
Error: Call to nonexistent function
Specifically: COM_AtlAxWinTerm()

Well I've tried Firefox, SeaMonkey, Opera 10. But they're slow. Currently trying Crazy Browser (based on IE).
The OffbyOne browser looks like my hex editor application =P it's fast enough, when I tried to go to ahk.com/forum it's not viewed properly, but it's okay on the speed side.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
you must have COM.ahk in your lib folder
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
Now it works! Thanks Tank.
But I decided to change the picture to Gui, Add, Button, x436 y7 h20 g_go v_go default, Go
Because the icons won't show even when I omit the w20 h20.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
as long as it works
i picked the images from some goofy icon library and didnt feel like putting any effort whatsoever into better ones
i meant to also add
com_invoke(pwb,"silent")
to the initialize label before the gohome to suppress the default script error some sites have that are normally suppressed in IE
I really feel this should go in the ask for help section tho since its a request for an ahk solution and isnt about anything external

Perhaps if the OP doesnt mind a MOD could move it
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

• Guests
  • Last active:
PLEASE...if you test/find any solutions...PLEASE DO NOT...use any solution that just wraps IE...IE is insecure no matter what you use to wrap it with...anything tank suggests will be based on IE...

If you want really low-end & text-only, try Lynx (I have NO idea what platforms that runs on {I know it does on Linux, but I dunno about Windows})...Lynx would at least get you a text-based AutoHotkey forum access...

So other than not-IE I have no suggestions for low-end computers...(cept to try old Firefox versions...maybe even try really old Phoenix versions {Phoenix was the name for Firefox early on})...I also believe there is a COM Firefox/Gecko control, but I haven't Googled for it...if you go COM, go Firefox/Gecko (Gecko is the layout engine Firefox uses)...

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
says the anonimous flamer who presents no supporing facts.

The internet is insecure. If a hacker wants to own your data IE is the least of your worries. Port sniffers. email. And any browser that allows access to your hard drive and yes they all do even your prescious little fire fox. Security on the internet is an illusion suffered only by the ignorant. The best defence is not being a target. Dont download software dont file share these are the real security threats dont fill out forms online for supposedly free stuff. Avoid phishing emails. But as usual the idiotic fan fair of haters like to blame the gun instead of the frakking idiot holding it
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

• Guests
  • Last active:

says the anonimous flamer who presents no supporing facts.

...it's a flame to say anything you suggest will be IE? You are always suggesting IE/IE7 COM...it's a fact, not a flame...but anyway IE is insecure cuz of ActiveX & it just generally IS INSECURE...with IE you can get viruses/infected by just visiting a malicious site (on purpose or not), at least with Firefox, you should get a file download prompt, that you can Cancel BEFORE you are infected...I don't know why people use/defend IE/Microsoft...Microsoft is just icky & their only browser has been known to be the cause of many infections...

So, seriously, why DO you use/promote IE7/COM?

trik
  • Members
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2010 11:48 PM

but anyway IE is insecure cuz of ActiveX & it just generally IS INSECURE...with IE you can get viruses/infected by just visiting a malicious site (on purpose or not), at least with Firefox, you should get a file download prompt, that you can Cancel BEFORE you are infected...I don't know why people use/defend IE/Microsoft...Microsoft is just icky & their only browser has been known to be the cause of many infections...

You get a download prompt when downloading executables, and all browsers can be taken in by malicious code. ALL of them. Also, Microsoft is one of the only software manufactures that provides cheap and simple software to the public at an affordable rate.

Edit: And no, I do not use IE.
Religion is false. >_>