Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[AHK 1.1]TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

• Please log in to reply
841 replies to this topic
nitrox
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Feb 02 2010 09:44 AM

I tried this application and i was able to get suggesting but when i press tab key it doesn't enter the one for which i pressed. I have also tried number keys and also ctrl + enter. Any ideas? Other autohotkey scripts work without any problem. Typing aid 1.x works without any problem

The number keys don't even work? I have no idea what might be causing that.... When you hit the number key does the suggestion box disappear?

I tried this application and i was able to get suggesting but when i press tab key it doesn't enter the one for which i pressed. I have also tried number keys and also ctrl + enter. Any ideas? Other autohotkey scripts work without any problem. Typing aid 1.x works without any problem

Could you try a few things

- start the script, exit it, start it again: does it work now?
- wait 10 seconds or so before typing to give it time to load the wordlist
- hitting the enter key a few times type something hit enter, sometimes it kicks in after a few enters/words

@maniac: I thought about using a traytip to show when the wordlist is entirely processed but didn't like it, perhaps use a small <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... TextOn.htm<!-- m --> near the systray area for a second or so? Or you'd have to start use different icons to indicate the state of the script (not hard to do but you need icons)

Thanks guys. Found what was causing the problem, it was the 100'000+ English words list. When i switched to 500+ it worked with no problem. Does anyone else have this problem with 100'000+ list?

Note: version used to check Typing Aid 2.04

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
  • Last active: Jan 06 2016 12:02 PM

The number keys don't even work? I have no idea what might be causing that.... When you hit the number key does the suggestion box disappear?

Could you try a few things

- start the script, exit it, start it again: does it work now?
- wait 10 seconds or so before typing to give it time to load the wordlist
- hitting the enter key a few times type something hit enter, sometimes it kicks in after a few enters/words

@maniac: I thought about using a traytip to show when the wordlist is entirely processed but didn't like it, perhaps use a small <!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... TextOn.htm<!-- m --> near the systray area for a second or so? Or you'd have to start use different icons to indicate the state of the script (not hard to do but you need icons)

Thanks guys. Found what was causing the problem, it was the 100'000+ English words list. When i switched to 500+ it worked with no problem. Does anyone else have this problem with 100'000+ list?

Note: version used to check Typing Aid 2.04

You're right, it's happening to me on Win 7 x64 right now. I can see the list but can't select anything. On the other hand, it works when I run it on XP 32 bit. What version of windows are you on?

Whoa, so weird. So I went back to 2.0, that worked, and kept trying versions up until 2.04 and now even 2.04 is working again :S

Now I tried 2.04 again and it's not working =.=

So one thing that seemed to happen when it stopped working in 2.04 is that the script never switched the format back from hex mode after executing the convert to ascii code member... hitting up/down converted everything to hex =.=. That doesn't explain why 2.03 was having issues though... and I'm not sure why 2.04 only has that issue randomly...? I'll take a look at the code again tomorrow but not sure what I'll be able to figure out.

nitrox
  • Members
  • 6 posts

You're right, it's happening to me on Win 7 x64 right now. I can see the list but can't select anything. On the other hand, it works when I run it on XP 32 bit. What version of windows are you on?

Whoa, so weird. So I went back to 2.0, that worked, and kept trying versions up until 2.04 and now even 2.04 is working again :S

Now I tried 2.04 again and it's not working =.=

So one thing that seemed to happen when it stopped working in 2.04 is that the script never switched the format back from hex mode after executing the convert to ascii code member... hitting up/down converted everything to hex =.=. That doesn't explain why 2.03 was having issues though... and I'm not sure why 2.04 only has that issue randomly...? I'll take a look at the code again tomorrow but not sure what I'll be able to figure out.

In my Netbook (Win XP x86) only 500 words list works. but in my desktop (Vista Business X86) both 500 & 1000 list doesn't work. I am having the same problem as you. I can see the list but cant select. But for me none of 2.x versions work. This happens in Win 7 Pro x64 as well. I can use this software in my college and work but not in my home tho :(

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

In my Netbook (Win XP x86) only 500 words list works. but in my desktop (Vista Business X86) both 500 & 1000 list doesn't work. I am having the same problem as you. I can see the list but cant select. But for me none of 2.x versions work. This happens in Win 7 Pro x64 as well. I can use this software in my college and work but not in my home tho :(

Hmm, I just tried on my Viliv S5 (XP 32, Atom Z520 - basically a mini-netbook) and it worked fine (actually, on a side note, I think I now found a use for this script outside of programming! I can't type fast on a touchscreen :D).

When you try hitting the Up/Down arrows does it move the cursor up and down and do the words look correct?

When you choose the entry does it backspace out the word you are typing?

Are you an administrator on those machines?

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
@maniac: 2.04 seems to work OK for me, both up and down and tab and number completion. For me the correct caret position in FF and TB is the only wish I'd have at the moment :-(

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
Glad the script seems to be working for you hugov... but I didn't really change anything that should have affected your issue >.>

What's wrong with the TrayTip? I think it looks fine.

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:

What's wrong with the TrayTip? I think it looks fine.

I just don't like the looks of it, perhaps I've been using Notify() too much, nice eyecandy and I like the toaster popup style it has... personal taste I guess.

nitrox
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Hmm, I just tried on my Viliv S5 (XP 32, Atom Z520 - basically a mini-netbook) and it worked fine (actually, on a side note, I think I now found a use for this script outside of programming! I can't type fast on a touchscreen :D).

When you try hitting the Up/Down arrows does it move the cursor up and down and do the words look correct?

yea i am able to move up and down above the words. For example when i type note and then i select notepad and press tab to complete but it doesn't complete to notepad. it stays as note. Yep i am administrator on those machines. I run under administrator account. I have also tried to run the script with administrator privileges (in vista & 7) but still i face the same problem

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

yea i am able to move up and down above the words. For example when i type note and then i select notepad and press tab to complete but it doesn't complete to notepad. it stays as note. Yep i am administrator on those machines. I run under administrator account. I have also tried to run the script with administrator privileges (in vista & 7) but still i face the same problem

Just curious, on line 479 of the script can you change the word "SendPlay" to "SendInput" and try it again? If that still doesn't work try changing it to "Send".

If that still doesn't work try changing it to:
   UpdateWordCount(sending,0)
   [color=red]Pause[/color]
   SendPlay, {BS %len%}{Raw}%sending% ; First do the backspaces, Then send word (Raw because we want the string exactly as in wordlist.txt)
and see if a debug window pops up and the AHK icon in the taskbar turns red.

Thanks

nitrox
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Just curious, on line 479 of the script can you change the word "SendPlay" to "SendInput" and try it again? If that still doesn't work try changing it to "Send".

If that still doesn't work try changing it to:

UpdateWordCount(sending,0)
   [color=red]Pause[/color]
   SendPlay, {BS %len%}{Raw}%sending% ; First do the backspaces, Then send word (Raw because we want the string exactly as in wordlist.txt)
and see if a debug window pops up and the AHK icon in the taskbar turns red.

Thanks

I tested in Vista Sendinput works for 500 words list but not for 10000 words list
Send works for both 500 & 10000 words list.

I also tried the debug code. When i change the code and run the script, it loads fine. when i select a word from popup the autohotkey icon turns red and the script freezes. no popup is opened. i opened the autohotkey window by double clicking on the icon. Here is a screenshot of it <!-- m -->http://i49.tinypic.com/29axzxh.jpg<!-- m -->

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
@maniac: it seems that if you add a config option as to which method to use for the send you will solve the issue:

- send
- sendplay
- sendinput
- 2 paste methods :-)

Alternative paste method that may work a bit better (not saying it will but you never know)
ControlGetFocus, ActiveControl, A, ; or use the a_id you already have 
ControlSend, %ActiveControl%,{Control down}v{Control up}, ahk_id %a_id%

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

I tested in Vista Sendinput works for 500 words list but not for 10000 words list
Send works for both 500 & 10000 words list.

I also tried the debug code. When i change the code and run the script, it loads fine. when i select a word from popup the autohotkey icon turns red and the script freezes. no popup is opened. i opened the autohotkey window by double clicking on the icon. Here is a screenshot of it <!-- m -->http://i49.tinypic.com/29axzxh.jpg<!-- m -->

Oops, I probably needed you to put ListVars as well to get the window to come up. It's fine, we still got the results we wanted. Basically the script is getting to the SendInput code but for whatever reason that command does not work on your computer.

@maniac: it seems that if you add a config option as to which method to use for the send you will solve the issue:

- send
- sendplay
- sendinput
- 2 paste methods :-)

Alternative paste method that may work a bit better (not saying it will but you never know)

ControlGetFocus, ActiveControl, A, ; or use the a_id you already have 
ControlSend, %ActiveControl%,{Control down}v{Control up}, ahk_id %a_id%

Yeah, that seems like it'll be the only solution.

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
2.05 should address your issues nitrox. Delete the preferences.ini file so it rebuilds, then mess with the sendmodes until you find one that works.

*2.05 02/01/2010
** Increased Max Length of words to 123 characters when not using unicode AHK.
** Added alternative sending methods to the preferences file.
** Added valid value checking when reading the preferences file.

Let me know if you find any issues with the send methods.

kakarukeys - you may need to use this ability to change the SendMethod to make certain characters work - it looks like SendPlay (method 1) may not work for characters not on your keyboard layout (see SendMode documentation).

edit:
I moved the Change Log in the first post up underneath the screenshot so it's easier to find.

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
bug in 2.05 found... retracted, sorry!

Fixed, 2.05b is uploaded. Thanks.

nitrox
  • Members
  • 6 posts

bug in 2.05 found... retracted, sorry!

Fixed, 2.05b is uploaded. Thanks.

Thanks for the new update. New version testing updates
As usual sending method 2 & 3 works, but not the first one. In the clipboard method 1C & 2C doesnt work. (2C will erase what i have typed and it wont paste the one in clipboard). 3C and 4C works fine.
Just curious, does debugging mode tell me what is causing the error in my pc?