Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[AHK 1.1]TypingAid v2.22.0 - Word AutoCompletion Utility

• Please log in to reply
841 replies to this topic
Skrell
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2016 05:03 PM

Hey Maniac,

The more i use typingaid the more i think there would be a HUGE benefit if it could be enabled /disabled on a per text box basis....do you think this would EVER be possible?  As a simple example, would it be possible to disable T/A for the windows explorer address bar?

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
  • Last active: Jan 06 2016 12:02 PM
TypingAid checks to see if it should be enabled/disabled based on switching windows. To do this, it would need to know when it switched controls, not just windows. Maybe the event EVENT_OBJECT_FOCUS could be used for this.

Then, I'd either have to hardcode the controls to ignore for each window, or *somehow* allow the user to define them.

Skrell
  • Members
  • 384 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2016 05:03 PM

TypingAid checks to see if it should be enabled/disabled based on switching windows. To do this, it would need to know when it switched controls, not just windows. Maybe the event EVENT_OBJECT_FOCUS could be used for this.

Then, I'd either have to hardcode the controls to ignore for each window, or *somehow* allow the user to define them.

I'd have no problem adding my own control IDs if you were to check against those?  I remember awhile back finding a tool that was just like the Autoit spy tool but that also allowed the user to get the handle IDs of controls which i would assume a text box would quality as ?

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
If you hit Window Spy from the right click menu when running the .ahk version of the script, that will do what you're looking for.

Yes... it's the checking against those that's the problem, lol. Could you please add a github issue for this? Thanks!

kireta
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2015 02:53 PM

Hi, I use Control+Shift+C to copy format in MS Word all the time, and this no longer works with Typing Aid taking over this key press. I don't see a way to modify to change the keyboard shortcut to learn a word in Typing Aid

1) Can this be made an option

2) I the meantime, what script or include needs to be changed to disable "learn word" function completely?

thx

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

Hi Kireta,

I assume you only want to disable Ctrl-Shift-C? I think commenting out or changing these lines in TypingAid.ahk should suffice:

$^+c::
AddSelectedWordToList()
Return

Alternatively, you could change the shortcut key in Word.

BTW, this is Issue #22.

kireta
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Hmm, tried commenting out these lines, and compiling the script, and get error; Nonexistent hotkey. Specifically $^+c line #339:$^+c, On. The current thread will exist

Replacing "c" character with something else also gives same error.

Just to be clear, all I am doing is commenting out lines in TypingAid.ahk and recompiling that.

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
If it is commented it can't throw the error. So most likely you have done something else or didn't comment it properly. Why not delete these three lines?

kireta
  • Members
  • 25 posts

OK, I found the problem, had to comment out this line, too:

HotKey, $^+c, On

Once I did that, no more error

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

Great, glad you figured it out!

And sorry for the lack of updates from me... haven't had time to work on this in a while.

typecast
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2015 09:22 AM

Great program! I registered to say thanks and make the following comments:

1. I found a great English word list on github. It is better than any other word list I ever used. Please take a look and incorporate it if possible. The file named words2.txt is especially useful.

https://github.com/dwyl/english-words

2. Please make it an option for TypingAid to only list the words longer than certain length (for example, words with more than 4 letters or 5 letters or longer). Then there is no need to truncate any word lists.

3. The TypingAid github's page looks a little bit messy. If you could clear up the html tags in the front page, it will look much friendly for the new visitors. https://github.com/ManiacDC/TypingAid

Thank you again for the great work.

typecast
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2015 09:22 AM

I am not so sure if my previous post got through. Just want to share that this English word list is great, please incorporate it.

I tested the words2.txt file and it works well.

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts

Great program! I registered to say thanks and make the following comments:

1. I found a great English word list on github. It is better than any other word list I ever used. Please take a look and incorporate it if possible. The file named words2.txt is especially useful.

2. Please make it an option for TypingAid to only list the words longer than certain length (for example, words with more than 4 letters or 5 letters or longer). Then there is no need to truncate any word lists.

3. The TypingAid github's page looks a little bit messy. If you could clear up the html tags in the front page, it will look much friendly for the new visitors. https://github.com/ManiacDC/TypingAid

Thank you again for the great work.

1. Great find, thanks!

2. It does this already. Show wordlist after X characters. Might be slightly different than you're asking for, if you have it set to 3, you'll see words of length 3 or more, but you won't see any words until you type 3 characters.

3. It's actually BB tags. It's just a copy of the first post. I don't want to maintain multiple copies of the page. Do you know any BB to github markdown converters?

Maniac
  • Members
  • 445 posts
I've uploaded the new wordlists that typecast found, thanks!

semihselcuk
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2015 07:16 PM

Hey Maniac 

Thank you for this great app. I can see that its not a simple typing aid program. I've alrready love it. 

One thing I was hoping to implement and I dont know if its possible but it seems so for me..

Is it possible to use different wordlist for different programs I mean when I use notepad for writing script I would love to use WORDLIST_AHK but when I write something on MS Word I dont neet WORDLIST_AHK, I need WORDLIST_ENGLISH. I tried to implement by myself but before this I want it to ask you. Maybe you've already done it ;)