Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Changing of mouse dpi

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic
172x
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Is it possible to change the mouse dpi setting?

I like the idea of Logitech realtime changing of mouse dpi and would like to assign button 5 & 6 of my mouse to increase & decrease dpi dynamically, is it possible?

Thanks

toralf
  • Moderators
  • 4035 posts
  • Last active: Aug 20 2014 04:23 PM
You could maybe also use a settimer to monitor the mouse position.
With two hotkeys you could alter (increase/decrease) the "speed". When ever the mouse moves delta pixels, the mouse position will be added delta pixels. Or half the delta pixels will be substracted. But I doubt that that will be a smooth movement, so I can't recommend it. But give it a try.
Ciao
toralf

I use the latest AHK version (1.1.15+)
Please ask questions in forum on ahkscript.org. Why?
For online reference please use these Docs.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Also, it's possible to use DllCall to call SystemParametersInfo to alter the mouse speed and other mouse settings as seen in Control Panel's mouse applet. If this would be useful, post again here and I'll get the necessary info.

• Guests
  • Last active:

Also, it's possible to use DllCall to call SystemParametersInfo to alter the mouse speed and other mouse settings as seen in Control Panel's mouse applet. If this would be useful, post again here and I'll get the necessary info.

Thanks for the reply, can you provide more information about this issue since I am new to AHK.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Have you verified that the mouse speed as seen in the control panel is the setting you wish to change? If it isn't, posting the example would do no good.

I ask because it would take me some research to create a working example.

172x
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Have you verified that the mouse speed as seen in the control panel is the setting you wish to change? If it isn't, posting the example would do no good.

I ask because it would take me some research to create a working example.

Yes, the mouse speed that I want to change is the mouse speed in the control panel. I hope able to change this speed in the AHK.
Thanks

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
This turned out to be easier than I thought because as long as you don't need this to work on Windows 95/NT4, you can use a simpler call. The following seems to work:

; Report the current mouse speed:
SPI_GETMOUSESPEED = 0x70
DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", UInt, SPI_GETMOUSESPEED, UInt, 0, UIntP, CurrentMouseSpeed, UInt, 0)
MsgBox The current mouse speed is %CurrentMouseSpeed%.

; Change to a new speed:
; The speed range is 1-20 (10 is default).
SPI_SETMOUSESPEED = 0x71
DllCall("SystemParametersInfo", UInt, SPI_SETMOUSESPEED, UInt, 0, UInt, 10, UInt, 0)

172x
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Thanks a lot, your code work perfect on default Windows mouse properties in the control panel.

The mouse speed can be changed by your code eventhough logitech mouse driver was install, but the only thing is the Mouse Speed Slider on the control panel (was replaced by logitech mouse driver-Logitech MouseWare 9.79) was not changed to reflect the mouse speed change. This is actually not a problem a all, but is it possible to send a code to make it change as well?

Thanks

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

The mouse speed can be changed by your code eventhough logitech mouse driver was install, but the only thing is the Mouse Speed Slider on the control panel (was replaced by logitech mouse driver-Logitech MouseWare 9.79) was not changed to reflect the mouse speed change. This is actually not a problem a all, but is it possible to send a code to make it change as well?

Out of curiosity, if you close the mouse properties window completely then open it again does the slider/control then reflect the change?

172x
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I tried two PCs (Office & Home), only my office's PC (with default Windows mouse driver) will reflect the changes,
my home PC with Logitech mouse driver won't reflect the changes.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM
The only issue I can see you possibly running into would be if the driver assumes the last known value and uses that value to calculate another related setting that could possibly go out of range because the last known value is inaccurate. Without knowing much about the driver it's difficult to know what the side effects (if any) would be...

incith
  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2010 03:08 AM
Sorry to bump this, but the original poster was asking about DPI, not sensitivity.

Newer Logitech mice (among other brands I'm sure, Razer, etc) have settable DPI. The MX518 Logitech mouse for example can go up to 1600 dpi tracking.

This is all probably driver side, but perhaps windows controls it? Possible to use DllCall?

From what I've googled, this is not something windows controls.

• Guests
  • Last active:
i need the same, just got a razer diamondback and want to lower the dpi for a while is it possible

Jay Riffs
  • Guests
  • Last active:
bump!

was wondering if its possible to temporarely decrease DPI WHILE HOLDING the "browser back" button on the logitech G5 mouse..

generally, a script which would push " logitech dpi decrease" on mouse button down, and "logitech dpi increase" on mouse button up... any clues?

• Guests
  • Last active:
a 4 year old bump lmao :D