Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Patterns in the Help forum...

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic
Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
VxE... You're such an optimist. :p
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

• Guests
  • Last active:
1) ahk.net is down ;-)
2) A few months(weeks?) ago it was spamming the Q button now it is spamming the W button.

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts
  • Last active: Jan 28 2016 01:38 AM
People usually say "I'm new to AHK" when they actually mean "I don't even know what AHK is, I'm just here to beg for a gaming script or something like that"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio França -- git.io -- github.com -- ahk4.net -- sites.google.com -- ahkscript.org

Member of the AHK community since 08/Apr/2009. Moderator since mid-2012.

• Guests
  • Last active:
How to copy data from Excel to web browser.

MasterFocus
  • Moderators
  • 4323 posts
  • Last active: Jan 28 2016 01:38 AM
Topic: "How to send two keys at the same time?"
Topic: "Pressing two keys at the same time"
Topic: "How to make 2 buttons function with 1 remapped key"
Topic: "Turn 2 keys, into 1 key (kind of)."

Well... :|

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio França -- git.io -- github.com -- ahk4.net -- sites.google.com -- ahkscript.org

Member of the AHK community since 08/Apr/2009. Moderator since mid-2012.

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
I've noticed that in most support threads, usually the first person to respond to that thread is the one that is the main help in the thread. Now, when it comes to the more complex scripts and such, there is a lot of input, but for the smaller ones where people just need a touch-up here and there, it is usually one person who responds to the thread the whole time. Either this, or it just gets resolved in such a timely manner, that no one else has a chance to respond.

If any of that made sense. Posted Image
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2015 06:46 AM

I've noticed that in most support threads, usually the first person to respond to that thread is the one that is the main help in the thread. Now, when it comes to the more complex scripts and such, there is a lot of input, but for the smaller ones where people just need a touch-up here and there, it is usually one person who responds to the thread the whole time. Either this, or it just gets resolved in such a timely manner, that no one else has a chance to respond.

If any of that made sense. Posted Image

I have observed the same thing. I am only speculating, but I see two main reasons for this. 1) the first person to respond is likely someone who believed they had the correct answer, and if they did in fact have the answer then other users don't usually have reason to post on that topic. 2) once a topic has a response, unless a second user is particularly interested in the topic or think they have something significant to contribute, most other users would be hesitent to 'but in', as it were, so again they are less likely to post...

And you seemed to think your post was convaluted. Posted Image
"My dear Mr Gyrth, I am never more serious than when I am joking."
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website | Demo scripts | Blog | External contact

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
Bahaha, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Just like you said, usually the first responded has the correct answer, it's just the OP either doesn't know how to implement it, or messed it up during the merging with their script. At this point, most other users skip over the topic because the correct answer was already given.
9rjbjc.png