Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

IronAHK (alpha): cross platform .NET rewrite of AutoHotkey

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic
xpace
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Last active: Feb 20 2013 06:46 PM
Your suggestion to start a fundraiser to further develop IronAHK sounds interesting. And I hope someone takes this and runs with it. However, I have some recommendations:

1) Pick a more sensible goal. happy.png  $100 Grand to develop a multiplatform AutoHotkey is more than ambitious, it's unrealistic. It's hard to believe there would be enough interest to warrant that much financial support. For all I know it might take $100 grand to finish such a project in a few short years. But it's better to reach success in, say, 5 years than never reaching it at all. tongue.png  Even with plenty of internet adverts, a really snazzy video on YouTube, and the endorsement of some folks with influence, I doubt you could raise that much. It's better to aim a bit low and celebrate when you surpass your goal.

As an example, you mentioned the Kickstarter to create an open-source rewrite of LiveCode. That kind of educational project would appeal to universities, corporations, and others with deep pockets. My guess is that a multiplatform AutoHotkey would appeal to a different sort of crowd.

2) Consider alternatives to Kickstarter. While Kickstarter has many proponents and success stories, there are also many failures to reach a specified goal within a specified time limit. When that happens, the project ends and all the money is returned to donors. sad.png  Just to start a Kickstarter project, you have to literally pitch a proposal to the Kickstarter group and hope they accept your submission. (Not all proposals are accepted.)

Kickstarter has name recognition and is the most popular, but it is over-hyped. There exists lesser known, but very similar alternatives. Might I suggest Indiegogo, "The world's funding platform" ? happy.png Unlike Kickstarter, even if you don't hit your goal an Indiegogo project will still give the option to keep the money and proceed with your stated objective. Though, if you do decide to keep it - despite not reaching your goal - Indiegogo will take a slightly larger share than if you had made your goal.

3) Such a project would need to be very clear about what the stated objectives are. Merely stating a desire to continue development of IronAHK is not specific enough. What kind of functionality can be promised for $100 grand? confused.png  What about $50 grand? unsure.png

4) Research is needed before a fundraiser is pitched. Perhaps it would be necessary to consider a few compromises to make IronAHK a success? As IsNull points out:

Besides lack of time, I think there is one thing which caused the IronAHK project to get frozen. AHK in its very nature is focusing on Windows, and not everything is easily ported nor do all Commands and Function really make sense on other OSs. Especially the different Desktop environments for the X Window System on Linux are pretty nasty to support. This affects the window manipulation and also the keyboard hooks. Some things are just not possible, or just with deep native inter ops.

Frankly, the project requires some very fundamental research for the very AHK core features...

side
  • Members
  • 168 posts
  • Last active: Nov 30 2014 03:41 PM

no link works...i need help with linux debian

Niel
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Aug 04 2013 10:00 PM

No link works.. but you can find it on ironahk.net.

Niel
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Aug 04 2013 10:00 PM

Hi..

Need help to install IronAHK on my mac..

Im new to mac and terminal.. I have tried to follow the guides which i found on google and the forum. unfortunately it will not work.. i get this msg, when i try to install it with mono.. "No source patch specified" and if i try to use the example i get this msg" Files does not contain a valid cil image"

Marcel Marnix
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Sep 05 2013 11:09 AM

Hello,

Please help me getting ironahk running 

I've got the hello world message up and running!

But when I try a simple script on Mac os Mountain Lion It doesn't work (see error report underneath)

0::Send Hello World;
return

I've allready tried 

Editing /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Home/etc/mono/config and changing
line: <dllmap dll="libX11" target="libX11.dylib" os="!windows" /> to <dllmap dll="libX11" target="/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib" os="!windows" />

Error report: after starting: mono IronAHK.exe autohotkey.ahk

Unhandled Exception:
System.DllNotFoundException: libX11.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) IronAHK.Rusty.Linux.X11.Xlib:XOpenDisplay (intptr)
  at IronAHK.Rusty.Linux.XConnectionSingleton.Listen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: libX11.dylib
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) IronAHK.Rusty.Linux.X11.Xlib:XOpenDisplay (intptr)
  at IronAHK.Rusty.Linux.XConnectionSingleton.Listen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

S0und
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Apr 08 2015 10:07 AM

A_TimeIdle  + A_TimeIdlePhysical, returns an empty string

C# / VS2012

public static string A_TimeIdle
        {
            get { return null; }
        }

:\

Hello2215
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Last active: Oct 07 2016 11:42 AM

I am getting 404 Not Found on all the download links :(

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM

Poly i know you could actually care less about autohotkey which is apparent when you wont even support your own version but at least post correct links to your crap man!!!!

https://github.com/polyethene/IronAHK

Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
I'm still interested in this especially for ubuntu/xubuntu. And thank you, tank for getting the
pointers right. Even if it's only a partially working version it will still be useeful given any
of the core ahk stuff works at all

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

newuser
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Sep 04 2014 07:30 AM

Anyone have a windows exe version? The download links no longer works. :(

Hello2215
  • Members
  • 106 posts
  • Last active: Oct 07 2016 11:42 AM

Anyone have a windows exe version? The download links no longer works. :(

The point of IronAHK is so that is can be used for non-windows computer. Try the original AHK versions.

PBY
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: Apr 21 2015 12:30 AM

How to remap keyboard shortcuts for ctrl+c & ctrl+v (and middle mouse to xtrl+x) on Xubuntu 14.04?   With AutoHotKey (thank God for the coders)  in Windows i just add this to a script and run it:

CapsLock::^c

Esc::^v

NumLock::Esc

mbutton::^x

Thanks for any help.