Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Invert screen colors

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic
x79animal
  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2013 04:21 PM
#persistent
Menu, tray, add,,,
Menu, tray, add, Invert On, InvertOn
Menu, tray, add, Invert Off, InvertOff

InvertOn:
Ifwinexist, Magnifier
   return
Run, Magnify.exe -invert
WinWait, Magnifier
WinHide
return

InvertOff:
WinKill, Magnifier
return

there we go =]

automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts
  • Last active: Nov 20 2012 06:10 PM

Yes, but Windows XP's Magnifier can't show full screen inverted - half is the maximum.

automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts

Not perfect, high CPU usage

Same with low CPU usage would be just perfect! Is this possible somehow in Windows XP, even without ahk, maybe some other external tool? The idea is simple and great already.

For Nvidia graphics cards I found a solution: <!-- m -->http://www.wikihow.c...Your-Windows-XP<!-- m -->

or pasted the relevant part here:

Click 'Start the NVIDIA Control panel'. (You need to have these NVIDIA utilities installed.)
Inside NVIDIA control panel, from the left side navigation bar, under 'Display' select 'Adjust desktop color setting'.
Under '2. Apply the following ....' switch to graph tab.
There are three points already forming the graph, select the one on the upper right side of the graph and set the values 'In' to 1, and 'Out' to 0.
Then Select the point on the lower left of the graph and set the values 'In' to 0, and 'Out' to 1.
Thats it, click 'Apply' and done!

The question which remains to be answered is what requires more CPU, ahk or nvidia, hopefully ahk, then we would have an improvement. Then you can use the script of Learning one to go to normal colors, for a short time, then returning back to your favoured inverted colors.

Thanks Learning one for this great idea, I enjoy those new inverted colors.

OneTimer
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hey folks this link describes a free software(and where to get it) that can invert screen colors and suports multiple monitors and allmost all graphics cards. It is awesome!

http://blogs.oracle.... ... een_colors

Been lookin to do this for ever. Spread the word!

automaticman
  • Members
  • 658 posts
Thanks OneTimer, this is really useful, having two screens you can even just invert one of them, keeping the other normal, e.g. for YouTube.

ulmuchiha
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Mar 24 2012 02:34 AM
way to invert just itunes plox

darkwood slob
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Power Strip is a great program, PERFECTLY inverts color on my old computer with 2 monitors and ati graphic card (i have profiles: only left inverted, only right, none, and both and i have hotkeys for each profile), on my PC i got 2 days ago, i have nvidia gt430 and nvidia cards don't let you check the "Write directly to palette DAC" box so powerstrip CANT invert colors (on newer nvidia cards), i have read somewhere that you can invert colors in nvidia control panel (i think this is true but was unable to check for myself)
http://www.wikihow.c...Your-Windows-XP
point 9-18 explains how you can do that on (and only on) windows XP because of point 15 "Under '2. Apply the following ....' switch to graph tab."
nvidia control panel "graph" help:
"Graph Tab (Windows XP only)
For those experienced with color correction using curves, the graph tab provides more precise control over the desktop color balance."
under windows 7 there is no graph tab hence not powerstrip nor nvidia itself can't invert colors...

i am thinking of changing my graphic card for some ati card if i dont find the solution soon...

Torrenco
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Yes I am with you on this Windows 7 graph tab in Control Panel. Why in the world did they remove that functionality? Has anyone found a solution for this, to invert the colors in Windows 7? I am going to be switching to ATI shortly to see if that fixes the problem.

• Guests
  • Last active:

Has anyone found a solution for this, to invert the colors in Windows 7?

From the first post: "there is a built in Color inversion function in magnifier"

GeoRgeJack
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2012 07:34 AM
I've been looking for a screen inverter for over a year now. It seems a little buggy when you open an "Always on Top" window after inverting, but it's just a matter of hitting F9 twice. The CPU usage is a little noticeable, but since I'm going to be using this majorly for text-heavy pages, no real issues.

clokman
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: May 16 2015 06:47 PM

Just found this great tool, Negative Screen. Perhaps it could be an alternative solution. It inverts colors through a minimalistic interface and also offers different inversion modes such as sepia and black & white!