Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Turbo Button using GamePad

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
nilum
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I am trying to set up a turbo button for my gamepad to use with ePSXe. It's a RumblePad 2.

Most of the scripts I have found have used keyboard buttons and not JoyPad, buttons and even though I've tried to modify these scripts, nothing works.

Here is a script I was trying to get to work:
$Joy3::
loop
{     
	GetKeyState, Joy3State, Joy3, P
	GetKeyState, CapsState, CapsLock, T

if (Joy3State = "U") || (CapsState = "U") 
	{
		break
	} 
	else 
	{
		send {Joy3 down}
		sleep, 10
		send {Joy3 up}
		sleep, 30
	}
}

The idea is that when the gamepad's button 3 is pressed down, and caps lock is also down it will rapidly send button 3. But it doesn't work.

on some tutorials I've seen 'send {Joy3 down}' written as 'send {Joy3_key down}, but I am not sure what the difference is. I have tried both ways.[/code]

• Guests
  • Last active:
$z::
loop
{     
	GetKeyState, zState, z, P
	GetKeyState, CapsState, CapsLock, T

if (zState = "U") || (CapsState = "U") 
	{
		break
	} 
	else 
	{
		send {x down}
		sleep, 10
		send {x up}
		sleep, 30
	}
}

When Z is pressed down with Caps Lock on, X is rapidly being input.

This seems to work, but substituting Joy3 for x does not.

None
  • Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Last active: Nov 05 2015 09:55 PM
Ahk Can Not Send Joy Buttons :(

Important Notes
Although a joystick button or axis can be remapped to become a key or mouse button, it cannot be remapped to some other joystick button or axis. That would be possible only with the help of a joystick emulator such as PPJoy.

nilum
  • Guests
  • Last active:
well that explains it.

Hope they add that feature.

DAOWAce
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active:

Nearly 4 years later, are gamepads supported this way?

I've been trying to do the same, simply taking the other scripts I've written for the last half a decade and replacing the buttons with Joy# and none are working.

The test scripts for the joystick buttons show up correctly, so does the test for the message box popup depending on the joystick axis and button press; yet actually sending a button press isn't working.

It boggles my mind as to why the developers of AHK haven't been able to add gamepad support after all these years.

All I need is something to repeat a button press, just like having a turbo controller would; yet this appears to be completely impossible without doing some crazy workaround by using programs that come up with 16 virus reports.

At this rate, I'm going to be forced to postpone what I'm doing and try to find a suitable controller that has a turbo function.

Edit: Trying to use vJoy instead, but I still don't have a clue how to actually write an AHK script that directs input to it.

Edit2: Managed to get it detected.. moving discussion here: http://www.autohotke...e-4#entry629550

I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.