Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotKey not working in some programs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
nispio
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Mar 30 2010 03:47 AM
AutoHotKey is not working inside of Crimson Editor!

I am new to AutoHotKey. I just finished writing a script that dramatically alters my keyboard layout. I tested it out in notepad and FireFox and it seemed to be working great. Then, I opened up Crimson Editor, and none of my shortcuts were working. My keyboard was back to normal. However, if I switched back to my notepad window, it was working again. Switching back and forth between the two programs toggled my keyboard shortcuts on and off.

There are no conditional statements in my script, just a whole bunch of remapping, like this:

Capslock::LControl
\::Backspace

Are there just some programs that AutoHotKey doesn't work with? Any suggestions for how to fix/workaround this problem would be appreciated. I tried searching for this problem, but couldn't find anything. I am running Windows 7 Professional if that makes any difference.

None
  • Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Last active: Nov 05 2015 09:55 PM
FAQ-Games
Descripes a similar problem that happens in many games. But to apply the suggestions it recomends you may have to make your script more complicated. :(

Or you could use KeyTweak for a more perminant change.

nispio
  • Members
  • 6 posts
I tried running my ahk script on another machine (WinXP Pro. SP3 x86) and my script worked just fine in Crimson Editor. It does not work in Crimson Editor on my other computer (Win7 Pro. x64) Any ideas why that might be the case? As far as I know, the binaries for Crimson Editor are the same on both machines.

None
  • Members
  • 3199 posts
  • Last active: Nov 05 2015 09:55 PM
Have you tried turning off the UAC or running the script as administrator.
Those are common fixes when using AHK on windows 7.
I don't know from personal experiance (have only XP) but others have had successs.

nispio
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Have you tried turning off the UAC or running the script as administrator.
Those are common fixes when using AHK on windows 7.
I don't know from personal experiance (have only XP) but others have had successs.

Running the script as an administrator did the trick. I guess I didn't search for Windows 7 specific problems because I didn't realize until it worked on my XP machine that it was specific to windows 7. Thanks for the help!