Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Help me make a virus with ahk?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic
Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

Most languages can produce a virus. And I don't see all the other languages getting blocked.

nnnik, that's not a very sensible comparison.

Every compiled AutoHotkey script is virtually identical except for its "payload" (the script text), whereas each compiled C/C++/C#/VB/(any other non-scripting language) executable differs for each program. If one script gets flagged as a virus, it's likely that many other legitimate compiled scripts will be affected. That's probably already happened; it's one source of "false" positives.

AutoHotkey is also much less widely used than C/C++/C#/VB/etc., a single program vs numerous compiler tool sets by different developers, and developed by a handful of people rather than hundreds (or thousands) of developers and various corporations (such as Microsoft), so it is more vulnerable to being blacklisted in some way.

With that said, it seems exceedingly unlikely that Microsoft would bother to block AutoHotkey at the OS level, unless you count Windows Defender false positives.

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Jul 18 2017 06:01 PM

lol.

Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Apr 11 2017 02:13 PM

nnnik, that's not a very sensible comparison.

Every compiled AutoHotkey script is virtually identical except for its "payload" (the script text)

Well what about FileInclude, Ressource Editing and different packing methods like UPX or MPX etc.? Don't forget to mention that there are ANSI and Unicode versions. And there is this new compiler that can change several things in the exe. Oh and did I mention all the different Version of AHK that are out there? (Correct me if I missed anything)

The reason you skipped this info is the same as mine. 

However a version that is more correct could be.

All the languages that are similar to AutoHotkey can produce a Virus and I don't see them getting banned. In addition to that it would be very easy for any virus program to detect one written in AHK.

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

I oversimplified for brevity.  The different versions of AutoHotkey are as nothing compared to every other compiler for the common languages.  The modifications you mentioned are all to the resource section of the file - i.e. the payload - not the executable part.  Why do you think compiled scripts often get hit by false positives, even though each script is "different"?

Do you really wish to encourage the writing of malware in AutoHotkey, or any other language?

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Apr 11 2017 02:13 PM

Do you really wish to encourage the writing of malware in AutoHotkey, or any other language?

Yep totally.
Exploiting weaknesses in programs will force the creators to close these weaknesses.
This also includes weaknesses especially added for the NSA for example. 

Moderation might be worse than excess here.

Why do you think compiled scripts often get hit by false positives, even though each script is "different"?

Never said each script is different though.

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Oct 13 2016 01:04 AM
The ethical arguement for virus is idiotic. People will do as we please. That said meliscious code for the sake of " forcing creators to fix holes" is bullshit. I don't think it's appropriate for staff members to endorse it
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

joedf
  • Administrators
  • 986 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: Jul 18 2017 06:01 PM
I'm locking this topic, as it's not really leading to anything constructive.
PS. It's also necroposting :/
Why ahkscript.org? - autohotkey.com is outdated