Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

7plus V. 2.5.0 - Improve Explorer/Win, Launcher, Automation

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic
TheGreatSwami Woo
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Jan 22 2012 03:31 PM
Oh I went back and refreshed it and and it worked before reading your reply !
The files still dont show up in those listed in ProgramCache.xml so this obviously isn't how it works.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
The file is written when 7plus exits, not when the cache is refreshed.

Right now the cache is only used to remember dynamically added programs. 7plus tries to remember programs which are running so it can launch those even if they aren't included in the directories.

It's been a while since I wrote that code, but I intend to review most of the 7plus code before the next release.

zzzooo10
  • Members
  • 237 posts
  • Last active: Apr 14 2015 01:57 AM
Just started using 7plus and I am really liking it, and there is one feature I'd like to see.
An event for watching a directory or a file that would be triggered when ever the directory or file is changed.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
should be possible, could you open a feature request on the project page? I'm not at a PC right now.

TheGreatSwami Woo
  • Members
  • 237 posts
If we are going to make requests I would say that judging by the amount of time we spend on the internet it could be made to work better with browsers - some way of easily adding bookmarks for instance. Make that as smooth and easy a process as possible - that would be a good improvement.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I created a feature request myself now.

What would you suggest about browsers? The problem is that I won't be able to support every browser out there. Most have some sort of extension system where you might find appropriate extensions anyway.

TheGreatSwami Woo
  • Members
  • 237 posts
Maybe just a simple way to store a web site you visit often, Like you just highlight the address in you browser address field and then bring up 7plus and have some easy way of adding it to your bookmarks list and then later when you want to go to that website again you could bring up 7plus and type
bk youtube (bk would stand for bookmarks, and perhaps when you type this it could show all your bookmarks in the drop down incase you forgot what you called it - but if you continue typing youtube it would be narrowed down of course.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
Ok, something like this would be feasible I suppose...it would just copy the selected text then and check if it's a URL.

TheGreatSwami Woo
  • Members
  • 237 posts
Yes that's what I thought.
It would just be handy to store your most visited sites in 7plus and have them in one place as sometimes you might swtich browsers and the one you are using doesn't have the bookmark you want!

A built in address book would by handy too :)

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
The next version of 7plus is finally finished. Let me paste the news entry from the project page here:

Long in the making but worth the wait. After about 10 months the next version of 7plus is finally ready. Many parts of it were rewritten once again to allow for more flexibility and less limitations. Many of these things will be noticeable in tiny details, such as these:
- Events now execute while the event editor window is open
- Slide windows now work much better and also support child windows
- Explorer status bar: Enhanced information is now displayed separately for every window, not just the active one.
- Improvements centered around Accessor, too many to name here
- Simplified hotkey configuration

Apart from this work under the surface there are also once more many new features such as these:
- Explorer replace dialog for filenames and file contents with many functions
- Improved screen capturing with editor dialog, screen area capturing and image hoster support (imgur.com) as well as the known FTP support
- A settings page that contains generic windows settings that remove annoyances from windows that would usually require registry modifications or other advanced methods.
- URL shortener (WIN+S)
- Automatically close windows update dialog to get rid of this annoying notification (disabled by default)

There are also many other smaller features and bugfixes which can't be listed here. For details, check out the changelog.

For manually downloading 7plus, check out the Downloads section. Autoupdates should download when you start 7plus. Please report any bugs, submit comments, etc. You know the procedure!

tinku99
  • Members
  • 560 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 12:54 AM
Fragman,
have you seen anything.ahk ?
Its related to 7plus, but with an intuitive, underlying, extensible framework.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I've seen it and I think I might integrate an explorer history plugin sometime (or change FastFolders plugin to support it).

7plus is also very extensible, all triggers/conditions/actions and accessor plugins can be created with little modifications to other files (include is required and in the case of Accessor plugins an entry in a list is needed).

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I released a new version of 7plus that mostly fixes bugs. It also has some new useful features though.

News entry
Changelog
Download

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
The next version of 7plus is probably close to release but I'm wondering if I should spend more time on documentation and presentation, probably in the form of video tutorials or images. Any opinions?

The next version focuses very much on the integrated launcher, called Accessor. I have written over a dozen plugins for it that allow to perform all kinds of common tasks.

anarki
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Mar 05 2012 12:08 PM
In my opinion, you already have a lot of helpful documentation. It's the immense complexity of 7plus that makes it difficult to use - there are so many functions one may use unintended while not knowing what has actually happened. For the first time i started by disabling the most features und enabling them one by one. But to do that, there are a lot of checkboxes to click and sometimes 7plus won't save which options where set and i had to do it again.

What i would suggest is to reduce the number of options that are enabled by default, to make 7plus noob friendlier (say, window docking, always on top right click feature and some easy stuff could be on). And let advanced users choose advanced features.

Looking forward to the new Accessor! Keep up the great work!