Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AHKIDE Project (discontinued)

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic
drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
  • Last active: Sep 07 2011 10:58 PM

Do you plan to release this Code under terms of an Open Source Licence?

I haven't decided whether some or any of the code will be released under an open source license. Some of the code may be distributed seperately under a commercial license and cannot be open sourced. In either case, a port to IronAHK should be as easy as plugging in an IronAHK parser as the parser and editor in the IDE are logically seperate entities.

Kingsmob77
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 22 2014 05:14 PM

Considering I have come back to this thread every day to see if this beauty is ready for use, I would have to say that I am very interested in using it.

Again, I'm very sorry!

Drifter - not a problem at all. My post was intended to display my strong interest, not to complain. Take your time. Everyone has to juggle, life, work, family...etc. Trying o through projects on top of that can be difficult to manage.

I'm very sorry, and I won't let you down again. I promise!

Stress not. I'm happy to know this project is alive.

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
Here is a link to the current development version of this editor, as requested.

NOTICE: This application is still in the development stages and lacks most features you would expect in an editor. It will most likely contain bugs that can cause the program to terminate suddenly causing any unsaved data to be lost. Furthermore, no guarantee is made that opening files in this editor will not corrupt them, their included files, or your library files. I disclaim responsibility for any loss of data or damage to your system for running this program. Please, backup any data you do not wish to lose before running this application. Use at your own risk.

ahkide-00.60.00.xL.zip

I'll post more information on the project soon, such as known issues, data file syntax, general development plan, and possibly source code.

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM

I haven't decided whether some or any of the code will be released under an open source license. Some of the code may be distributed seperately under a commercial license and cannot be open sourced. In either case, a port to IronAHK should be as easy as plugging in an IronAHK parser as the parser and editor in the IDE are logically seperate entities.

IA has a powerful Script parser, so it may be the best to use this, at least for an IA Port. If IA will have basic OOP (what I hope and expect), it needs to have intelisense for Objects - and this makes it necessary that the script can be interpreted from the IDE, so that Methods of Object can be gathered. So using IAs CodeDom might be the easiest way to realize this.

However, keep up the good work :)

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
Though intellisense in the IDE is not operational, the foundation exists in the parser for the intellisense and code completion features, and they will be released with version 1.0.

Would you be able to link me to the IA parser? I may be able to release it with version 1.0, as well.

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
Have a look at <!-- m -->http://gitorious.org... ... /Scripting<!-- m -->

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
I prototyped an interface that could wrap the IA parser to allow it to swap out with the AHK parser. But the parser itself will have to report back syntax errors, help strings, code-completion lists, indentations, etc. I can provide help with this, and I am open to collaborate on the specifics of the interface with anyone willing to do this.

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
On second thought, IsNull, the IA parser might have to be almost rewritten just to handle error recovery.

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
Here is an updated version. Some changes were made to the parser so I could provide you with useful information on the data files. I will post the information within 48 hours.

ahkide-00.06.02.41L.zip

I am aware typing into the editor is unacceptably slow. This is a new bug. It is probably caused by redundant processing in the edit control.

Handling of multi-line comments is not fully operational and may crash the application, or interfere with syntax highlighting or error reporting.

The top development priorities are:
Finish multi-line comment handling
Restore typing responsiveness to an acceptable level
Correct parser false-positivesIsNull, I do not know if you are a developer for IA, but I may be able to help someone who's interested in boot-strapping error recovery into the IA parser.

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
If I type
If[color=red]([/color]
the program hungs up ;)

IsNull, I do not know if you are a developer for IA, but I may be able to help someone who's interested in boot-strapping error recovery into the IA parser.

I just do some little jobs for rusty. As this belongs to the parser you better talk with polly.

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts

If I type

If(
the program hungs up

Thank you for the bug report. I found the source of the bug, and it will be corrected in the next release of the development version.

HERE is another release of the application. The important data files contain comments documenting their purpose and syntax. The files need to be completed in order to provide useful information to the user. If you have suggestions on a better data file syntax, let me know and it might be used in the next version.

ahkide-00.06.03.42L.zip

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts
I fixed the bug IsNull reported and some others that were causing crashes.

ahkide-00.06.05.49L.zip

• Guests
  • Last active:
Hi drifter, judging from the screenshot alone it looks pretty good. but I keep on getting this unhandled exception error on startup and every time a script is opened. I'm using windows 7 x64.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
   at CodeEditting.CodeTextBox.UpdateHScrollbarRangePage()
   at CodeEditting.CodeTextBox.OnResize(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmWindowPosChanged(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ahkide
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/Desktop/ahkide/ahkide.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts

I fixed the bug IsNull reported and some others that were causing crashes.

ahkide-0.6.5.49.zip

If I type
m("[color=red]x[/color]
the programm hungs up :wink:

I think your tool didn't like me :lol:

drifter
  • Members
  • 121 posts

I keep on getting this unhandled exception error on startup and every time a script is opened. I'm using windows 7 x64.

It's working fine on my Windows 7 x64. In any case, it appears a certain Win32 function is failing on your system. Are you using a custom desktop theme? The following build might provide me with more information. Can you run it and post the error description it generates?

If I type
Code:

m("x

the programm hungs up ;)
I think your tool didn't like me :D

Thanks for the bug reports! This bug is now fixed in this build too. Several corrections were made to the parsing grammar as well.

ahkide-00.06.06.51L.zip

EDIT: The command 'else' was also removed from the 'commands.ini' data file. It should never have been there.