Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

SW copy protection

• Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic
zanblo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2015 04:54 PM

Same here.

I took the license.ini file generated with Lazlo's script for someone else's computer and put it on my computer. The program I wrote worked!

Though if I change a number in license.ini, it won't work (probably because the maths won't match).

I checked the following variables:

The %Code% is obviously not the same for my computer or my friend's computer.

The %Fingerprint% is always the same in both cases on my computer, no matter what the license.ini file is.

The %AuthData% is the same as the %Code%

So, the program says if %Code% equals %AuthData%, then all is fine and here we go, which is always the case! 

Could it be that the %Together% variable (user, email, fingerprint) should use the %code% variable?

I'm sure it's just a little bug, but it has to be straightened out.

thanks!

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
You do realise your script(s) are decompiled within seconds no matter what security / compression / nodecompile options you use?

zanblo
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Feb 07 2015 04:54 PM

Problem solved

In the main script and in the one to generate a license, I changed the variable together to use only the PC fingerprint.

together = %fingerprint%

together = %fgprt% (licensing program)

@ space As far as I'm concerned, a simple algorithm or the PC fingerprint would be enough to prevent copying because most end-users don't know how to decompile an .exe.

But if you could explain in simplistic words how to decomp an exe and give your advice as to copy protection, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

space
  • Members
  • 520 posts
  • Last active:
Depending on the ahk version used see https://github.com/a...key#decompilers for ahk basic scripts with password protection or /nodecompile a usable decompiler is just one Google search away - there is no real protection to speak of, the door is locked but they key is under the doormat.

taghi_ar
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: Dec 29 2016 05:37 PM

Hi Laszlo and Icarus
i have made a simple script and while searching came across this nice thread of you and i was looking for it a while
may you please pack script files and instructions in a single zip file ?
why i ask this ? i tried to read all posts and i am confused now about which script is doing which duty
thanks for the nice work

oussamaelouali
  • New members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Aug 16 2015 09:14 PM

Enormous thanks for this solution it is working like a charm , really simple for a beginner user like myself.

I just want to mention that while the encryption is working , meaning that the script will run only after providing valid information , but the internal script can still be recovered using 7-Zip and i guess the Ahk2Exe method too .

I have everything working fine and tested on other computer .I am not sure if forget something because that was the main goal in the first place.