A Task Dialog is a new kind of dialogbox that has been added in Windows Vista and later. They are similar to message boxes, but with much more power.
Although fincs already made an excellent wrapper for it, I made TaskDialog() so that it can be used in mainstream AHK. I tried to find the right balance between AHK's philosophy of user-friendliness and access to TaskDialogIndirect's powerful features.
For guidelines on how to design great Task Dialogs, read these:
Comments, suggestions, and more importantly bug reports are welcome!
August 22nd, 2010
- Added support for AHK_L x64
June 14th, 2010
- Added failsafe in case OS doesn't support TaskDialogs.
- Fixed legitimate text starting with double-backslashes be mistaken for resource IDs.
- Icon resource IDs must now also start with a backslash. This is both for consistency, and to avoid collisions (e.g. if the ID is "INFO").
- The script now uses the flip() function from Lazslo and SKAN here. Thanks!
- Added an extra example that uses resource IDs for all the parameters.
June 8th, 2010
- Added hParent's ability to be used as the sCallback parameter.
- Renamed the internal functions so that they are more unique.
- Optimized code size of ResolveIcon (thanks MasterFocus!).
- Added another "page" to Example 19.
- Fixed static vars not being reset if user re-opens the same example.