Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[AHKTuts] AHK Video Tutorials

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic
RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
  • Last active: Feb 19 2015 02:47 AM
**update**

Well guys, I already purchased new headsets. Waiting for them to arrive and as soon as i get them i will continue with the tutorials

MacroMan!
  • Members
  • 604 posts
  • Last active: Mar 20 2012 11:40 AM
Hi all,

I am really interested in helping out.

Am I being too bold to throw in a suggestion for a native speaker of English to read a script for the vids in English.

I'm English and am willing to help record some audio to improve clarity and understanding if that's a possibility.

This is no offense RaptorX, but I did find you English a bit hard to understand as you were speaking quite fast in places.

Let me know what you think.

David
What ever happened, happened.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
well, we can try to set that up, dont know how we might work that out though, since I make the videos in a very "spontaneous" way... i do not write scripts for what i am going to say, i just show in a very informal way what im trying to get across...

if you are really interested then PM me your skype so we can talk it over to see if is really possible. :D

--Edit
btw guys i got my new headsets, so i can continue with the videos.
This week there will be several videos. Hope you like them.

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
  • Last active: Dec 12 2014 06:46 PM

--Edit
btw guys i got my new headsets, so i can continue with the videos.
This week there will be several videos. Hope you like them.

Looking forward to them, :)
"Choose your parents wisely"

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM
:D

httpQuery goes youtube. YMMD.

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
New content Added:
[Beginners Playlist] <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.c... ... 3E8DBED76C<!-- m -->

Current Contents:
--Autohotkey Tutorials for Beginners--
0x0 - Introduction
1x0 - Variables p1
1x0 - Variables p2
2x0 - If-Else Basics
3x0 - If-Else Special Operands - [and ] [or] [not]
4x0 - If-Else Special Operands - [between] [in] [contains] [is (type)] new
--

With this we are going to finish this particular topic. The next video will be kind of a recap. I am going to create a little application that will show all the things that we have talked about until now.

@DerRaphael... of course it would. that function is amazingly helpful :D
I wonder if it is possible for you to make the varsetcapacity() internally, to avoid doing manually after i call the function. Any reason why it is not done by httpquery?

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM
thx

I wonder if it is possible for you to make the varsetcapacity() internally, to avoid doing manually after i call the function. Any reason why it is not done by httpquery?

well, its easy as long as one works only w/ strings the function may be have the varsetcapacity inside, but as soon as binary data (anything containing binary zeros) are downloaded, this mechanism breaks and the output becomes undefined. since httpQuery doesnt know about its content, it treats everything as binary and leaves it up to the programmer to take care of. btw when you take a closer look at the sources, you will see, that in line 223 it actually do initialize that result variable, but afterwards it gets updated by some dllcall "rtlmovememory" which makes ahk forget its size (noobish spoken)

greets
dR

edit:
this syntax sugar was presented (coded?) by Obi-Wahn, a german forum member
query(url, post) {
   html := "", length := httpQuery(html, url, post), varsetcapacity(html, -1)
   Return, html
}

when working with html pages it eases pretty much the process.

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
Thanks for the reply!
as this is off topic I will continue via PM.

Do you have any ideas for the Advanced section that you might like to see?
I am planning on DllCall's "basics" before i start making some cool DllCall examples. :)

sequero1_ct
  • Guests
  • Last active:
First I would like to say thanks for your great work, I'm subscribed to your channel in youtube and really learning with your videos.

What I think could be great it's the process of how to create a little aplication using a simple gui, some variables, and basic programming structures, I don't know if i'm being clear.
Just use a simple program you've already written, and explain it.

Thanks!!!

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
The next video example (which i might actually start today) will be more simple because the GUI is a separate topic and i will cover that after the loop command and some other simple concepts. I will be however reviewing little scripts in the Advanced section besides some other concepts that might be too hard to understand when talking on the basic level.

Im glad you like the vids, I will be updating soon with more. :D

awannaknow
  • Members
  • 372 posts
  • Last active: Mar 03 2019 05:18 AM
Waow, this is coooooolllll ! ! !
:lol: :D :wink:

x79animal
  • Members
  • 1021 posts
  • Last active: May 14 2013 04:21 PM

This is no offense RaptorX, but I did find you English a bit hard to understand as you were speaking quite fast in places.

Let me know what you think.

lies
he is very easy to understand

awannaknow
  • Members
  • 372 posts
  • Last active: Mar 03 2019 05:18 AM
I'm reaching 2x0 - If-Else Basics, and I can say that I'm impressed.
This is a real good job !

Which software do you use to make the Tuts ?
Opening tut (screen with what's in the tut and music) is it made with something like powerpoint ?
It seems so easy, everything is ready and open/works as it has been prepared in advance.
You're writing on the screen (arrows, colorful text message in a box, fading text, etc...), easily, do you use a graphic tablet for this or a special software that makes it easy to write with a mouse ?

I'm curious, because I made very basic tut for a friend, real xp beginner, and I realized it could be complicated to master.
Like everything it needs learning practice to get experience.

If it can help I used ScreenInk to annotate the screen.
I couldn't use a video software for tut, because it would have eaten too much time. But it was not easy to write with a mouse.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
Im glad you like it!

I basically use camtasia student version to make most of the work.
I havent released the last 2 videos because my offline work is taking a lot of time from me, i will however probably release at least one of them this weekend.

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM
Dude, this is BA. Nice work!

Where can I get the AutoHotkey ToolKit? :wink: