Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[AHKTuts] AHK Video Tutorials

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic
Donalp
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2012 08:58 PM
Hi,

Thank you so much for creating these tutorial videos. Previously I was a basic user of hot strings and some short scripts for my common tasks. Your if, else, loop and parse videos were golden and I've managed to put all this into practice with a small script which also now includes a GUI. Still very basic, but for me this has been a huge step forward, so thank you.

I second ironcates' suggestion of GUI tutorials. I'm especially interested in learning how to customize the look and feel (backgrounds and buttons) and also in how to use variables and calculations within a GUI. E.g. I have a calculating GUI and currently return the result of a multiplication with a MsgBox. This seems crude to me.

Thanks again and keep the videos coming! I hope you got over that evil cold :D

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
  • Last active: Feb 19 2015 02:47 AM
Hi guys, the problem problem with the delay is that my HDD died on me and i lost all the video templates i had created so i had to redo the intro and everything :p

the upside is that the new intro is nicer (at least i like it more) and the new videos are almost done, i hope by the end of the week I already uploaded some of them.

After I finish with the Loop topic I will enter into GUIs which I also think is a very interesting topic for anyone programming in AHK. :)
AutoHotkey Toolkit [Main Project]
Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL

Donalp
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jun 22 2012 08:58 PM
Great news, looking forward to the new vids.

Btw, what program did you use to create the videos?

ironcates
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Last active: Oct 14 2013 02:32 PM
Excellent! I've been playing your videos over and over while working on code. I think I'm finally grasping when to use variables with %s and when not to :D :oops:

Bred
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Last active: Jun 21 2012 10:22 PM
Could you make a imagesearch video please?

0x150--ISO
  • Members
  • 657 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 09:06 PM
Very good idea!
Not sure if anyone has requested it but can they be translated to German, Dutch or other languages?

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM

Not sure if anyone has requested it but can they be translated to German, Dutch or other languages?

This might be best served by properly using the subtitle options on youtube.

The main thing is getting the translation (especially about technical topics) correct. We need a volunteer for each language, and a transcript of the English text.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
Advanced Playlist
New content added:

--Autohotkey Tutorials for Advanced Users--

Ep5 - SendMessage new

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL

G. Sperotto
  • Members
  • 539 posts
  • Last active: Jun 20 2015 04:54 PM

New content added

Yay!

Thanks dude. Going to watch it. Your vids helped me a lot in the past ^^

"What is a suitable automation? Whatever saves your day for the greater matters."
Barcoder - Create QR Codes and other Barcodes using only Autohotkey !!

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
very glad to hear that, my problem is that now my pc seems to be a bit old and every time i try to render a video it crashes on me... this three little vids took me like 2 weeks between crashing and trying again xDD

hope to get a new pc soon :)
Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL

S0und
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Apr 08 2015 10:07 AM

Advanced Playlist
New content added:

--Autohotkey Tutorials for Advanced Users--

Ep5 - SendMessage new

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

awesome work, thanks!

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
Brilliant!

fischgeek
  • Moderators
  • 1074 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 06:27 PM
Great job on the tutorials. Very clear. Any thing in the works for some _L tutorials? Like specifically Objects, Methods, COM etc.?

iDrug
  • Members
  • 389 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2015 09:24 PM
I've just started watching tutorials for advanced users and I'm stuck at the beginning: there is no such a built-in function as httpQuery.
I've found this thread about such a function on my own, but it would be nice if you used subtitles or in-video links to that topic.
I'm not complaining, just telling. Thanks for the tutorials.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts

I've just started watching tutorials for advanced users and I'm stuck at the beginning: there is no such a built-in function as httpQuery.
I've found this thread about such a function on my own, but it would be nice if you used subtitles or in-video links to that topic.
I'm not complaining, just telling. Thanks for the tutorials.

indeed it is not a built-in function, i did mention that it was derRaphael's function at the beginning of the video, I will add the link to the forum topic in the description.

Thanks for mentioning cause I think i forgot!

About the subs, I will see if I can add them later on, right now I'm concentrated on making the videos so no much time for that, and I could only translate them to Spanish or German, so it would be limited to those two as well.

@Jeremiah Yes!! I will do the objects pretty soon, we are talking about Loops in the Beginner's section and before the "For Loop" I will have to explain objects because that is what the "For Loop" is all about.

In other news, new videos are coming soon! Stay tuned :D
Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL