Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Autohotkey desktop shortcut

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic
michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Aug 13 2010 10:28 PM
Nexus Dock Properties / Position & Behaviour tab / advanced
here you can specify the dock activation hotkey

TLM
  • Administrators
  • 3864 posts
  • Last active:
Ok I set it up like this:
<!-- m -->http://j.imagehost.org/0133/PIC3.jpg<!-- m -->
When I trigger this hotkey, it only activates the dock ( brings it to the top ) and does not toggle, hide or 'slide it off the screen'.

Is this what you want ?

Posted Image

don't duplicate, iterate!

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
yup, I only want the dock to be activated as if the hotkey ctrl-shift-z were pressed.
Can you do this?

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Last active: Aug 21 2015 09:55 PM
So if I am getting this right you just want a shortcut on windows 7 taskbar that when you click it it sends:Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Z. If that is the case, here you go:
send,^!+z
return
^=ctrl, !=alt, +=shift
You just need to compile that into a .exe

And if you dont know how to do that, here you go:
EXE
AHK
You just need to pin the exe to your taskbar, then whenever you click it, it will send that quickkey.
If this isnt what you are looking for exactly, then whats up?

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
Thanks but I tried this as my first attempt at getting this to work..
I click on the exe and nothing happens...

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts
you could try:
send,{ctrl down}{alt down}{shift down}z{ctrl up}{alt up}{shift up}
return

Ctrl+Alt+shift+z is your shortcut right? If this doesnt work then something is probably up with the program. But if this does not work you can try controlsend

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
shortcut is defo correct, still doesnt work. Controlsend produces an error in the script. I thought the send only works on 'active' windows?

TLM
  • Administrators
  • 3864 posts
  • Last active:

yup, I only want the dock to be activated as if the hotkey ctrl-shift-z were pressed.
Can you do this?

f1::
  WinGet, dockHwnd, ID, NxDock
  DllCall( "SetForegroundWindow", uInt, dockHwnd )
return
Again triggered by F1.

I checked the messages being sent when the dock's shortcut combo is pressed and it does exactly the same thing as my code above.

hth

Posted Image

• Guests
  • Last active:
weird, compiled the script, pressed F1, nothing happens (except whatever the active window on the desktop is becomes inactive). To test the dock I assigned the hotkey to a key on my keyboard, when I press this key the dock pops up as normal and then hides when I move the focus away from it, so I know the dock is configured correctly... Any more ideas?

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts

weird, compiled the script, pressed F1, nothing happens (except whatever the active window on the desktop is becomes inactive). To test the dock I assigned the hotkey to a key on my keyboard, when I press this key the dock pops up as normal and then hides when I move the focus away from it, so I know the dock is configured correctly... Any more ideas?

Forgot to login to the forum, that's my response... :roll:

KooKsTeR
  • Members
  • 157 posts
perhaps its a conflict as to why that specific key combination isnt working

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
I dont think so, otherwise the hotkey wouldnt work at all. I tried it with a single key combination and the end result is the same.

TLM
  • Administrators
  • 3864 posts
  • Last active:

Did you also try this on a non compiled script?

This also brings the dock to the top of the Z-Order for me compiled or not.
f1::
  WinActivate, NxDock
return

Posted Image

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
I think there might be a mis-understanding. The issue is not that I cant hide/unhide the dock from the desktop, this works perfectly as long as the dock is visible on the desktop in the first place...

Nexus dock has the ability to hide/unhide the dock from view by activating the option 'Auto-hide the dock after a short delay' located in Dock properties/Position & Behavior. When the dock is hidden using this method, the only way to activate it is to move the mouse to the user defined edge of the screen (in my case the bottom edge), the dock then pops up in to view.

I wanted to perform the same function by clicking on a shortcut and not by using hotkeys.

I hope this explains it better.

Thanks

michaelosm
  • Members
  • 16 posts
so, any thoughts then? Would really appreciate the help. Cheers