Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Brainstorming-WishList: Post your script idea or wish here!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Interesting. I had wanted to do this.

Didn't you make a colour picker? (not the guest above)

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Didn't you make a colour picker?

Many of them.. to my heart's content :)
But the other guest is requesting for a Gui Control

Color picker Gui control. I need it for my project.

A complicated one would like this : <!-- m -->http://www.codeproje... ... kerXP.aspx<!-- m -->

But I was thinking simple, like:
A regular Button with 'Hex as text' and 'Color as bitmap' displayed along with text
A 'single cell no header ListView' with 'Hex as text' and 'Color as Icon'
A 'Bitmap Static Control' drawn with GDI to contain 1/4th color and 3/4th "Hex Color Code'

All of the above should trigger a regular ChooseColor Dialog and would be updated if a color is chosen.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
@SKAN, you could make a bitmap in a picture control and have gLabel that calls PixelGetColor relative to the control.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:
I was referring to something like this:

Posted Image

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2015 06:46 AM
I may be posting out of turn, but I believe I have the solution to wish 11. Tray icons to show caps, scroll, and num lock status.

Home page:
<!-- m -->http://crzyinc.weebl...lock-state.html<!-- m -->

AutoHotkey.net download mirror:
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... .00.1b.zip<!-- m -->

I wrote it some months ago but did not know about this thread. If this has already been answered I apologize. I skimmed through and did not find any mention of it.

The script was written for AHk Basic. It is released as freeware, and the zip file contains the source as well.

(If my post needs to be in some other format please let me know and I will edit it)
"My dear Mr Gyrth, I am never more serious than when I am joking."
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website | Demo scripts | Blog | External contact

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM
@dmg
Thanks for posting (and all others here around). I am adding the wishes and solutions silently without a strict format of request. And a sidenote by me: I could not download from "mediafire". This can be because Cookies and scripts are blocked by default on my browser. I am unblocking them, if I need it. We have a AutoHotkey.net for hosting our simple websites and files. I would strongly recommend and encourage you to upload it there. Downloads (any file access) is done directly. It has FTP support, if you need too.

No signature.

dmg
  • Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Last active: Nov 04 2015 06:46 AM
@Tuncay

Sorry you had trouble with mediafire. I could host my files on my site but mediafire provides download statistics, while my site does not.

I have added a AutoHotkey.net download link to my original post. Hope this resolves any issues you or others may have had. :)
"My dear Mr Gyrth, I am never more serious than when I am joking."
~Albert Campion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Website | Demo scripts | Blog | External contact

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM
@dmg
I just wanted have a quick look into the code. Nice icons, btw.

No signature.

ni.va
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: Feb 10 2013 10:34 PM

I may be posting out of turn, but I believe I have the solution to wish 11. Tray icons to show caps, scroll, and num lock status.

I wrote it some months ago but did not know about this thread. If this has already been answered I apologize. I skimmed through and did not find any mention of it.

The script was written for AHk Basic. It is released as freeware, and the zip file contains the source as well.

Thanks a lot!!
but in win7 it seems like the capslock is wrongly indicated. hope you have time to update it.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
I would like to post two ideas/wishes:

1) An event handler library. Should probably have an event class, a FireEvent() and an OnEvent() function. Should be able to support both global functions and object methods as event handling functions. Classes extending the event class could provide additional information.

2) Inter-script object serialization. Could use WM_COPYDATA and a serialization library like the one from infogulch ( <!-- m -->https://github.com/infogulch/LSON<!-- m --> ) to put an object in a string and reconstruct it. Scripts need to be able to identify themselves so they can decide to which script they should send it.

Both of these wishes are targeted at improving development of more complex applications of course, but it would be nice to see them implemented.

secondOpinion
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I second fragman's suggestion!

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
What's the difference between "events" and messages in your idea?
Actually, just define event.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
A message is typically received by a single message handling function only.
In contrast, an event can be handled by many parts of a program. An event handler stores a list of registered function handlers and calls them when an event is fired.
Events are often used in GUIs for example, to update the GUI when a value of an object is changed.

Using events allows for more loose coupling between different program parts. This is good for modularity and portability and ultimately for reducing complexity if done right.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
Sounds interesting. FireEvent() and OnEvent() are self-descriptive, but what would the class be about?

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
It would contain information about the event. For most things a "source", "type" and "parameter" key should suffice. This class is instantiated by the event source which also fills it with informations. Event handling functions can use this information to decide how to react.

Btw, OnEvent() should be able to (de)register an arbitrary amount of handling functions and also accept object methods as I stated above. It's probably best to store the address of the object instead of a reference to it so that the reference count of the object won't be increased and it can safely be deleted by AHK.