Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Do files keep the header?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic
guest3456
  • Guests
  • Last active:
yes

but its like EEdis said earlier, its all pros/cons. if you want to continue to engage in all these debates and worry about viruses and malware and are willing to waste time and energy on this worry, for the benefit of installing programs faster, then go for it

MacroMan!
  • Members
  • 604 posts
  • Last active: Mar 20 2012 11:40 AM

It's not laziness, it's method. Everyone has their own method to their madness. Take me and my wife for example, we both do the same action but differently. Even though there are things she pointed out to me that are faster and more convenient than the way I do it and vice versa, we choose not to change because that's the way we've been doing it. I click File>Save, then close. She just closes and hit enter to save a file. I middle click to open in a new tab, she right clicks and opens in a new tab. We both have an easier method but I don't plan on changing my methods. Nobody wants to change nor do they like change. Other's call them dumb, stupid, ignorant, for doing things the way they do it, whereas that person is saying the same thing about you.

It's opinionated, people. No one's being lazy, no one's being ignorant of the possibility, we choose to do our method and choose not to conform to other's more convenient method as our method is more convenient to our own mind.

That is the same reason why religion and politics are the two worse subjects to discuss with someone.

I really do understand where you are coming from, but when it comes to security, isn't it better to change to stay safe.
After all, if it became apparent that the lock you had on your front door was faulty, and you needed to change to a lock that worked differently, wouldn't you change it? Yes, because anyone can walk into your home otherwise.
If you leave the damaged lock on your computer (or no lock) any hacker is free to virtually browse around your computer, so why not change that lock?

David
What ever happened, happened.

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
Again, it falls to the fact that some prefer the pros over cons. If you were to survey the "power users", I bet half of them would say they run in admin mode. For the third time, why are we arguing over an opinionated difference? Some people choose to play LaCross, which is more brutal, than Soccer. It's their choice.
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
could i have your IP 8)
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

MacroMan!
  • Members
  • 604 posts
Sure, it's 193.32.30.69

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
ho ho ho you know i meant the guy who beleives in lack of security
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

MacroMan!
  • Members
  • 604 posts
I would like to do some port scans on his IP and see if he has left anything open. Not so I can do malicious things, just to show him his security holes and hopefully make him realize that the internet isn't as safe as we all like to think it is.

You probably won't get anywhere with my IP, I'm sitting behind the American Express firewall!

derRaphael
  • Members
  • 872 posts
  • Last active: Mar 19 2013 04:42 PM
for all those who are concerned in a decent viral protection, lately i've been surfing the web and ended up on a scammer page as in the left screenshot. it made me laugh for almost 10 minutes b4 i could do something productive again. however the source site also offered a download, which i send to a online malware scanner. its results are shown on the left screenshot.

Posted ImagePosted Image
i think this gives a good insight of which virus protection software for windows actually catches malware found in the wild and which doesnt. ofc this is not representative for all software as each has its own advantages and disadvantages, but nevertheless its interesting to see.

greets
dR

edit: i just seen, that panda was in the state checking. for the record: panda didnt found it either.

edit II
here's alink to virustotal.com results which incorporates more scanner engines.
here's the link to jotti.org scanresult

edit III: there is a urlcheck from VT which can be viewed here. this also indicates which software may help u in preventing disasters :)

All scripts, unless otherwise noted, are hereby released under CC-BY

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM

[[ 1 import(s) ]]
msvbvm60.dll:

VB6 1337 h4x0rs :lol: