Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Sticky Topic Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic
sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
  • Last active: Nov 30 2018 08:50 PM

Please note that the changes I've made are easily undoable. It would be the work of only a few minutes to return to the previous configuration. For this reason, I thought it would be more productive to show an idea than try to explain it. I think it's easier for people to comment on changes they can see.

I think the community members here are adept enough to comment on forum changes without having to see them first. Even if you did ask the other moderators for permission to remove that specific sticky a few days ago, did you even bother asking the community their thoughts on that particular move? That's where your actions have become quite aggravating.

The solution here is clear, Chris needs to return to the forums and engage the whole community in a dialog about how this transition should proceed. If he has no further interest in his product but doesn't wish to hand over the keys to the house then he needs to have enough respect for the loyal users of his product to show up and hear us out so we can take care of the product for him.

Mobius
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jul 31 2015 01:53 PM

I don't think hotkeycamo should be listed as it is a third party app, closed source and nobody can be sure it doesn't contain anything "naughty".

This is an interesting point. I would like to hear more opinions about it.

Has anyone in charge asked me for the source for this purpose?
Or asked me how you might reverse the process to check?
Or the foresight to compare one binary with another to see if anything "naughty" :? has been injected into the interpreter?
Or debugged and monitored an Ahk exe built with HkC?

The interesting point is a lack of a valid one, if it actually came down to that you would probably have done at least one of the above.

If I were trying to pwn anyone do you honestly think I would have gone to this much effort? dialogs with Chris, the help file (such as it is), adding self contained functionality where truly 3rd party dependent tools have prevailed, adapting to countermeasures, writing and keeping a toolset to assist with decompilation almost primarily to prevent/combat malware written in Ahk and built with HkC.

I am an asshole? sure, Downright strange? Mostly but....

You cannot be serious man?

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
@Mobius For all its worth I trust your software. On the other hand I don't think it should have its own sticky because it goes against the mission of AHK (basically writing simple automation scripts, not full programs that need encryption). I do support putting a link to it in a Gui based sticky.

@sinkfaze Chris has moved on from AutoHotkey. I don't think it is fair to expect him to come back every time there is a altercation on the forum.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
There are lots of stickies we haven't talked about yet. Any opinions on these?[*:j1be3n3s]Bug Reports has one[*:j1be3n3s]Wish List has two[*:j1be3n3s]U&R has one[*:j1be3n3s]General Chat has zero, should it?Edit: I think Scite should be stickied somewhere... thoughts?

Edit2: I'm trying to think of better titles for the GUI and Wiki threads, as Tuncay suggested.
Gui threads to note
Gui threads of import
Gui programs most often used
Gui programs most recommended
Wiki for AHK!
AHK has a Wiki!
Wiki and Rosetta code challenges
Rosetta code challenges and AHK Wiki
GUI - visual editors, custom controls, and more
GUI - wysiwyg editors, custom controls, and more

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
I like 'Wiki and Rosetta code challenges'.
aboutscriptappsscripts

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
I think it would be good to add something about code tags to the " PLEASE READ IF YOU'RE NEW..." thread.
aboutscriptappsscripts

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM

General Chat has zero, should it?

If there is no reason to make a thread sticky, then it does not need. I think this section is different from all other sections. This is the only section where we do not expect "useful" or "serious" or "related to ahk" things. To answer the question for yourself, is there any topic you would like to see it sticky? And yes, which topic is it?

But this brings me an idea. We (or you) could generalize the process for sticky topic in General Chat section. What do you think to have every week one new poll as a sticky, until new poll. Sometimes there could be important questions to the user. If this mechanism is standardized and good working and known by others, then they would look at least one time every week for new poll.
Then I suggest to have only 1 sticky maximum. See SKAN`s "Which AutoHotkey you prefer to use ?" thread as an example. And which poll the next time we have decides a moderator. He is responsible to ask the users, but he is not forced to ask (not general rule, only for this thread).

Edit:

I think it would be good to add something about code tags to the " PLEASE READ IF YOU'RE NEW..." thread.

This one is needed at Ask For Help section. New people to ahk would not look in General Chat at first, but for new scripts or for help. I think it is nonsense to put such a thread in this category (GC).

No signature.

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts

I think it is nonsense to put such a thread in this category (GC).

I didn't say anything about putting it in GC. The 'read if you are new' thread is in Ask for Help.
aboutscriptappsscripts

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM
Frankie oh ok :D sorry.

No signature.