Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

[DEPRECATED] AutoHotkey_L porting pack v0.1 alpha

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
DEPRECATED - use official AutoHotkey_L installer and update your SciTE4AutoHotkey installation to the latest version (including getting the auto-updater from the site)

This is a custom installer that allows you to have all three AutoHotkey_L flavors in your computer for porting reasons. This release was made quickly in order to support S4AHK v3 beta 4. I intend to add a porting guide and porting tools.

Current version: 0.1 alpha
Download

EDIT: I should mention that this installer downloads files.
PS: I assume Lexikos approves of this, as he "doesn't have any strong opinion of the subject", and he didn't reply to my review PM (but he did read it).

Pacheco
  • Members
  • 168 posts
  • Last active: Apr 11 2013 08:21 AM
It doesn't work properly....
It created a
%ProgramFiles%\Autohotkey\AutoHotkeyL\AutoHotkey_L
instead of
%ProgramFiles%\Autohotkey\AutoHotkey_L

So Scite4AHK won't recognize that it has the L versions "installed".

Just move folder back and it seems to be ok :)

EDIT: Was just a Problem with the uninstall of the previous versions....
WORKING FINE!

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
Did you also use the official AutoHotkey_L installer & installed to Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkeyL? That explains it, as I use the registry to find the AHK folder.
The official AHK_L installer is intended to replace the vanilla setup.

Pacheco
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Did you also use the official AutoHotkey_L installer & installed to Program Files\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkeyL? That explains it, as I use the registry to find the AHK folder.
The official AHK_L installer is intended to replace the vanilla setup.

No...
I just installed everything clean...
Removed all AHK versions and Scites4AHK...

- Installed "AutoHotkey 1.0.48.05.exe"
- Installed Scite4AHK v3 beta 4 (realized that it doesn't have AHK_L)
- used this package

With this sequence of installations, it didn't worked out because it pointed to the wrong folder...
Isn't this the correct sequence that is supposed to follow?

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
I still cannot reproduce your problem. I'm using a VM with a standard XP SP2 installation with vanilla AHK.
Can you run this script for me and tell me the contents of the MsgBox?
RegRead, ov, HKLM, Software\AutoHotkey, InstallDir
MsgBox %ov%
If it isn't C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey, then you've somehow corrupted your installation.

Pacheco
  • Members
  • 168 posts

I still cannot reproduce your problem. I'm using a VM with a standard XP SP2 installation with vanilla AHK.
Can you run this script for me and tell me the contents of the MsgBox?

RegRead, ov, HKLM, Software\AutoHotkey, InstallDir
MsgBox %ov%
If it isn't C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey, then you've somehow corrupted your installation.

Ok, sorry for all this...
It might have been a wrong uninstall or something, because now it worked like a charm ;)

Thank you

nigelle
  • Members
  • 129 posts
  • Last active: Dec 28 2013 04:31 PM
I use a partitioned disk :
-AHK.exe is installed in D:\AHotKey (your little test script also show this) and
-scripts in I:\AHK
What can I do ?

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
You have no problems. D:\AHotKey is your AutoHotkey folder and it's registered as such. The Porting Pack will be installed to D:\AHotKey\AutoHotkey_L. SciTE would be installed to D:\AHotKey\SciTE_beta4.

Oh and btw, ignore the outdated version number in the installer, it's hardcoded (will be fixed). The installer correctly downloads the latest version from Lexikos' site. It can even be used to update your porting pack installation, just delete all the zip files it downloads before rerunning the installer.

nigelle
  • Members
  • 129 posts
Fine !
If I run a script by selecting it (+ enter) in explorer (or Total Commander), how to choose between basic AHK and AHK_L ?

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
You have to manually edit file associations, as I haven't thought of a sensible way to handle it. Here's some sample code to add a new command to the right click menu on Windows Explorer (needs admin rights):
RegWrite, REG_SZ, HKCR, AutoHotkeyScript\shell\open_Lw,, Run with AutoHotkey_L (Unicode)
RegWrite, REG_SZ, HKCR, AutoHotkeyScript\shell\open_Lw\command,, D:\AHotKey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey_Lw.exe "%1" %*

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Just for reference:

Portable AHK & AHKL custom .bat installer by majkinetor
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...pic.php?t=54134<!-- m -->

nigelle
  • Members
  • 129 posts
So there are several solutions :
-From hugov post I understand that AHK_L can run script.ahkl, so if keep the association .ahk to AHK and I manually associate .ahkl with AHK_L it will work.
-From fincs post I understand that I can create a right click menu on Windows Explorer and choose with it AHK or AHK_L.
-With Total Commander that is more powerful than Windows Explorer I have a button bar : If I drag and drop AHK.exe on it a button appears with the H icon, I right click on it, choose modify and put %P%N in the parameters field and confirm. Now If I select a script and click on the H icon button it is equivalent to entering the command line "full path name of AHK.exe" followed by "full path name of script" and the script run. I'll do the same with AHK_L.exe choosing a different icon...

Pacheco
  • Members
  • 168 posts
fincs, don't know why but the porting pack package stopped working for current version of ahkL...

It doesn't download the ZIPs. :(

I even tried to download them and rename to correct names, and it recognizes them, but it gives and error:

Create folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L
Delete file: AutoHotkey_La.exe
Extract: AutoHotkey.exe
Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.exe->C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey_La.exe
Delete file: AutoHotkey_Lw.exe
Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.exe->C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey_Lw.exe
Delete file: AutoHotkey_L64.exe
Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.exe->C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey_L64.exe
Delete file: AutoHotkey_L.chm
Extract: AutoHotkey.chm
Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.chm->C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey_L.chm
Create folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\Lib
Execute: cmd.exe /C rmdir "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\Lib"
Execute: cmd.exe /C mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\Lib" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\Lib"
Create folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\Compiler
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L\Compiler
Extract: Ahk2Exe.exe
Extract: ANSI 32-bit.bin
Extract: Unicode 32-bit.bin
Extract: Unicode 64-bit.bin
Extract: mpress.exe
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\AutoHotkey_L
Delete file: AutoHotkeySC_La.bin
[color=red]AutoHotkeySC_La.bin extraction failed![/color]

Can you correct both problems of your installer please? :)

trismarck
  • Members
  • 390 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2015 12:35 PM
I have the exact same problem,
the order of installation:
- Autohotkey basic
- SciTE 3.0
- AHK_L Porting Back 0.1
this happens on Windows XP SP3.

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:
This installer is outdated and is to be replaced with something better. In the mean time, create an 'AutoHotkey_L' folder in your AutoHotkey folder and do this:[*:26p4skcn]Download the AutoHotkey_L x86 Unicode and x86 ANSI .zip files, the help file and the compiler.
[*:26p4skcn]Copy the Unicode AutoHotkey.exe to the AutoHotkey_L folder and rename it to AutoHotkey_Lw.exe.
[*:26p4skcn]Copy the ANSI AutoHotkey.exe to the AutoHotkey_L folder and rename it to AutoHotkey_La.exe.
[*:26p4skcn]Extract the help file to the AutoHotkey_L folder and rename it to AutoHotkey_L.chm.
[*:26p4skcn]Create a Compiler folder inside the AutoHotkey_L folder and extract the compiler .zip file there.