Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

AutoHotkey Brand Competition - VOTE NOW!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Which design is your favorite? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Which design is your favorite?

1. RaptorOne (8 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. philou (21 votes [55.26%])

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

3. x79animal (1 votes [2.63%])

Percentage of vote: 2.63%

4. shajul (6 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

5. Tuncay (1 votes [2.63%])

6. Uberi (1 votes [2.63%])

Vote Guests cannot vote
tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
Oh thats because he didnt post it someone posted it for him
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
Yeah, it wasn't loading for me though. They had the little icon that said they couldn't be displayed. Also, nice double post. ;) :lol:
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM

Like This?:

.png
540x87
Posted Image

.png
500x98
Posted Image

What file format?
What size?

[Size]

I voted for this one. Philou's would be my second choice.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
my top 3:

1. philou (winner)
2. daonlyfreez
3. shajul

everyones is good, but i like basic & clean designs :)

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
  • Last active: Feb 19 2015 02:47 AM
i go with:

n-l-i-d/daonlyfreez by far... but i agree with tidbit, colors should be a little bit softer... the icon on the other hand is amazingly cool and simple but at the same time very clear and fresh which is a plus.

<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... 141#259141<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... 148#259148<!-- m -->

if not those then:

philou, it looks professional and clean. I find it a little bit dull and some what ordinary (i have seen those icons in several ahk pages already).

<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke... ... 005#254005<!-- m -->

actually i will start using the first links i posted in my projects even if it doesnt become the main stream :roll:
AutoHotkey Toolkit [Main Project]
Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL

hoppfrosch
  • Members
  • 399 posts
  • Last active: Feb 26 2016 05:31 AM
I'd prefer shajuls design over philous, since philou's looks too 'macish' (who has a pure white keyboard with such flat keys? It simply reminds my to apple design - and since AHK is (still) only available for Win ...)

BTW: I can't remember where on this forum, but there once have been some different icon-files around (I still have the ico-files):

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tuncay
  • Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Last active: Feb 08 2015 03:49 PM
I like the one from RaptorOne and n-l-i-d/daonlyfreez too. They two look great, but ...
... the one from daonlyfreez look more like a Scripting tool for a game. Not very serious look, more like a cheat tool for children. Sorry, this should not sound offending. Indeed, the pictures looks good to me, just a bit kittenish.
... the one from RaptorOne looks good, but it does have very little character and charm.

Hope you are not angry with me. I couldn`t do it better.

No signature.

RaptorX
  • Members
  • 751 posts
  • Last active: Feb 19 2015 02:47 AM
Agree with tuncay, thats what i meant with the ones from n-l-i-d/daonlyfreez... the colors need to be toned down because they do look for children... they look like candy stuff. lol

while i do agree with hoppfrosh on the fact that shajuls' design has more character than philou's i have to say that i cant possibly accept (mentally) three keyboard letters alone as an icon for a program... dont know, it just simply dont look right...

If the the philou's design you change the three keys for shajul's (just the keys) then i think it would be completed and more stylish and mature and would be awesome.
AutoHotkey Toolkit [Main Project]
Scintilla Wrapper
LexAHKL

shajul
  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2015 03:45 PM

Agree with tuncay, thats what i meant with the ones from n-l-i-d/daonlyfreez... the colors need to be toned down because they do look for children... they look like candy stuff. lol

while i do agree with hoppfrosh on the fact that shajuls' design has more character than philou's i have to say that i cant possibly accept (mentally) three keyboard letters alone as an icon for a program... dont know, it just simply dont look right...

If the the philou's design you change the three keys for shajul's (just the keys) then i think it would be completed and more stylish and mature and would be awesome.

I think everybody has misunderstood the design. I just represented the keys.
The words can be added. :shock:

Anyway, i'll repost with the letters too asap, to clear confusion

shajul
  • Members
  • 571 posts
To clear the confusion (see post before this by RaptorX), I am posting the design again.

This design was just meant to be a replacement of Philou's design, in case he cannot be contacted. Hence, we can make any modifications to this design that suits the community.

Title:
Posted Image

Windows Icons:
A.ico H.ico K.ico Blank.ico

Small PNG's:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Full-size PNG sample:
Posted Image

BTW, has anybody tried to contact him?

RaptorOne
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Last active: Apr 07 2012 08:44 PM

Hope you are not angry with me.

No No,
I self have voted for Philo :lol:
Ahk_Ide_v3
Sry for my english.
Its very Bad! :lol:

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM

...in case he cannot be contacted.

Everything in the ahk-brand thread is fair game. Whether the authors are still active on the forum or not is moot. Those designs were given to AHK for this express purpose, just like the ones in this thread. I contacted philou two years ago and he was more than happy to repost his design there, which he had already posted in another AHK thread two years before that.

shajul
  • Members
  • 571 posts

...in case he cannot be contacted.

Everything in the ahk-brand thread is fair game. Whether the authors are still active on the forum or not is moot. Those designs were given to AHK for this express purpose, just like the ones in this thread. I contacted philou two years ago and he was more than happy to repost his design there, which he had already posted in another AHK thread two years before that.

No, the point is not about using the images posted, but scalability.
Each of the "keys" that i have posted can be printed at 3.5 x 3.5 cm at full size.
The title image can be printed at 15 x 3.5 cm size from the original.
If need be i can make still larger images, so that you can print an Autohotkey poster :p

Hence, if we plan to use Philou's images, we need to contact him and get the original design image in the native format (PSD ?)

MacroMan!
  • Members
  • 604 posts
  • Last active: Mar 20 2012 11:40 AM
So far it looks like Philou' design is winning.

I have contacted him a while back, he is very happy for us to use his design. He still does have the PSD's but he can't find them atm. If he can't find them, we can't really use his exact design (it would have to be remade (I see Sahjul has started on that)). Anyway this poll will stay running until we are ready to start work on the new website (which is about 2 months eta).

David
What ever happened, happened.

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
Philou++ Clean & beautiful

No offense but I don't like Sahjul's version (too dark & gloomy and the perspective isn't correct, letters not in line)