Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

SavePictureAs - (Save Image/Picture)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic
techie108
  • Members
  • 250 posts
  • Last active: Jul 20 2019 03:19 AM

Hi, 

thanks for the lifesaving application! I really love it a lot. 

one suggestion though - is it possible to modify the code such that the default download directory has a variable drive letter? i am using this script in different computers, but the locations are the same : in Dropbox/Photos folder. Also, if i modify the code, will auto-update over-ride my changes next time? 

2nd suggestion : it'd be good if i can easily assign hotkeys for favorites 1-5 instead of having to click the fav tray and selecting the location before i use the shortcuts.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

There is no default download directory. The directory is chosen by the user the first time the script is ran, and can be changed via the tray icon. Sounds like you just want to change the c:\ to d:\ etc... Are you thinking of using a hotkey to change the drive letter?

Yes, any modifications you do to the script will be overridden by the auto update. You can turn off the auto update via the tray icon.

You can put hotkeys before each of the 5 labels for the favortites toolbar buttons. Look for 13Button1: thru 13Button5: and put your hotkey just before the label. I can add hotkeys to any new versions and give instructions on how to change them to the users preferred hotkeys.

Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

techie108
  • Members
  • 250 posts
yup, default directory as in the first one that I've set. There are 2 scenarios :

(1)
change in drive letter without using hotkeys

i used this to launch my folders :
#a::Drives := "CFJ"   Loop Parse, Drives      if FileExist(A_LoopField ":\Dropbox\a") {         Run explore %A_LoopField%:\Dropbox\a         break      }	  RETURN
is it possible to incorporate this into your code? i'd still love to receive the auto-updates, so it'd be best if you could integrate this feature :)

(2)
as you've correctly indicated above. is there any way to prevent your auto-update from overriding user-defined hotkeys? :)

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

I am a little confused are there 2 or 3 things you are asking about?

(1) If not with a hotkey then when do you want to change only the drive letter?

(2) I will look into adding user-defined hotkeys later today.

(3) Let me work on adding a hotkey to open folders per your code above. I could create a list of all the drives on the computer and open each folder on each drive that matches the user chosen default folder.

Would this list need to exclude Cdrom drives, network drives, and ramdisks?

Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

I uploaded version 6.9. (Download from the opening post)

Per techie108's request you can now assign keys to 7 possible hotkeys.

You will be asked one time to configure hotkeys when the script is ran for the very first time.

The hotkeys can later be changed via the system tray icon.

I wanted to thank jaco0646 for his User-defined Dynamic Hotkeys from http://www.autohotke...ynamic-hotkeys/  but that topic is archived. So I am saying thanks here to jaco0646 for a great script.

techie108
  • Members
  • 250 posts

I am a little confused are there 2 or 3 things you are asking about?

(1) If not with a hotkey then when do you want to change only the drive letter?

(2) I will look into adding user-defined hotkeys later today.

(3) Let me work on adding a hotkey to open folders per your code above. I could create a list of all the drives on the computer and open each folder on each drive that matches the user chosen default folder.

Would this list need to exclude Cdrom drives, network drives, and ramdisks?

thank you so much for looking into my request!

(1) change the drive letter only when i use the script on different computers.

not sure if the scenario is clear enough.

e.g.
home desktop : c:\dropbox
laptop : e:\dropbox

i want to use the SAME hotkey and be able to save in dropbox directly, rather than assigning hotkey A to desktop, B to laptop when it's actually the 'same location', but different drive letter.

yes, exclude everything except normal HDDs, thumbdrives etc.

hope it's not too confusing!

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Yes, that can be done. SavePictureAs could look at A_ComputerName and then change the drive letter accordingly.

I would need to create a Gui so the user could match up computer names with a drive letters.

I am currently working on version 8.0. There are a whole lot of changes.

1. Changed the number of Favorite Folders and hotkeys to 10.

2. When pressing the Favorite Folder hotkey SavePictureAs will actually save your picture to your favorite folder. Version 7.0 would only change the default folder, then you had to use the default hotkey to save the picture.

3. The Favorites Toolbar now has 10 Favorite folder buttons. When clicking on 1 of the 10 buttons the default folder is changed to that folder. Then everytime you press the default hotkey it will save it to the new default folder.

4. How to Handle duplicate options. Examples - adding to the filename the following.

Date and Time, sequenial numbers, random numbers.

Always overwrite.

Option to be notified when a duplicate was found and was automatically renamed with one of the above options.

Always ask me what to do, which displays a gui with both pictures so you can choose what to do with each picture.

5. Custom Filenames. In the case that you don't like the way webpages name their pictures you can choose 1 of 7 options to name the new picture automatically. Options like adding a sequenial number to the filename, adding the Date and Time to the filename, adding a random number to the filename. You can even choose to add something before and/or after the filename.

6. History menu is no longer limited to 30 pictures. The user can choose how many to display.

There are alot more then this.

I think I have it about 80 percent done.

I am taking my time to make sure it works a good as possible.

Just on a side note. SavePictureAs early in January started showing up on webpages for download. They took screen shots and did reviews. I lost count of how many site I could find it on. At least 10.

Softpedia.com was the first to notify me. As of today SavePictureAs has been downloaded 97 times from Softpedia.com

http://www.softpedia...PictureAs.shtml

I found SavePictureAs on several Chinese websites, 1 Italian website, 1 Spanish website and several English websites.

I was shocked. Apparently they found it on AutoHotkey themselves. I only posted SavePictureAs on AutoHotkey.com.

I of course will update this thread when SavePictureAs 8.0 is ready.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

yup, default directory as in the first one that I've set. There are 2 scenarios :

(1)
change in drive letter without using hotkeys

i used this to launch my folders :

#a::Drives := "CFJ"   Loop Parse, Drives      if FileExist(A_LoopField ":\Dropbox\a") {         Run explore %A_LoopField%:\Dropbox\a         break      }	  RETURN
is it possible to incorporate this into your code? i'd still love to receive the auto-updates, so it'd be best if you could integrate this feature happy.png

(2)
as you've correctly indicated above. is there any way to prevent your auto-update from overriding user-defined hotkeys? happy.png

I am getting real close to releasing Version 8.0.

I have added an option for a "Special Folder" with an assigned hotkey. When the hotkey is pressed it will search your drives for a matching folder and then change the drive letter to match.

Do you want this hotkey to save the picture to the "Special Folder" AND open the "Special Folder"?

Or just open the special folder as your code is doing above?

Or just save the picture to the "Special Folder"?

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

I decided that when the "Special Hotkey"  is pressed,  your drives will be searched for a matching "Special Folder" and when a match is found it will change the drive letter of your "Special Folder" to match, and then save the picture to that folder.

This makes SavePictureAs portable.

The steps to make SavePictureAs portable are:

Create a "Special Folder" on your flash drive and give it a unique name. Put SavePictureAs on the same flash drive.

Start SavePictureAs from your flash drive.

On the "Configure Hotkeys and Folders" menu choose a "Special Folder"  hotkey and assign the flash drive "Special Folder" to this hotkey.

Each time you save a picture using your "Special Folder" hotkey your picture will be saved to your flash drive.

techie108,

In your case assign your hotkey and your dropbox folder to the "Special Hotkey" and "Special Folder" and it should do what your expecting it to do.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Uploaded Verison 8.0

Downloadable from first post in this thread.

(Changes)

1) Added support for Maxthon, Safari and RockMelt

2) How To Handle Duplicates
          A-) "Ask What To Do" when duplicates are found displays both pictures with the following 4 options (Default)
             a-) Rename one or both
             b-) Delete one or both
             c-) Add Date & Time to one or both
             d-) Keep original filename for one picture and apply one of the above options for the other picture
          B-) Do not save duplicates with option to be notified when this happens
          C-) Always overwrite with option to be notified when this happens
          D-) Save duplicates by adding a Random Number to the filename with option to be notified when this happens
          E-) Save duplicates by adding the Date & Time with option to be notified when this happens

3) Filenaming Convention (automatically name saved picture to one of the following)
          A-) Date and Time (choose from 6 options on format of Date And Time)
          B-) Filename-Date and time
          C-) Sequencial Number
          D-) Random Number
          E-) Filename-Random Number
          F-) Original Filename (Default)
          G-) Option to add a prefix or suffix to any of the above

4) Start with windows option (Default off - Does not start with windows)
      5) Place Confirmation Message at mouse position option (Default off)
      6) Clear History on exit option (Default off)
      7) Turn off recording of Last Saved Picture (Default- Recording is on.)
      8) Delete record of the Last Saved Picture on exit and Delete now options (Default off - do not delete on exit)
      9) The user can now define how many pictures to list in the History Menu (Default 30)
     10) Added "Wait for Save Picture window timeout" option to improve reliability on slower computers. (Default 5 seconds)
     11) Added View Log File, Clear Log File and  Email Log File to Additional Settings Menu (Default - Logging turned off)
     12) Added "More Info" for each of the above options on the Additional Settings Menu with detailed information on each
     13) Increase the number of Favorite Folder and Hotkeys from 5 to 10.
     14) Added "Special Folder" on the "Configure Hotkeys & Folders" menu (Click "HERE" on "Configure Hotkeys & Folders" screen for more information)
     15) Fixed an issue with the Win Key not being saved as a modifier for hotkeys

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Uploaded Version 9.0

Downloadable from first post in this thread.

(Changes)

1) Added Capture Area Of Screen, click on the system tray icon, then "Settings" then "Capture Area Settings" to configure
2) Added Capture Active Window
3) Added Capture Entire Screen
4) Added "Check For Updates Daily"
5) Removed "Check for Updates on Start Up" if SavePictureAs was started on a flash drive
6) For Favorite Folder Hotkeys 1 thru 10, the Default Folder Hotkey, and the Special Folder Hotkey requires the browser to be active.
If you are trying to save a picture and the hotkey appears to not be working click anywhere on the browser to make it the active window.
7) Fixed various minor bugs, error detection and correction.
8) Added Disable/Enable All Hotkeys to the system tray icon

Jay Chong Yen Jye
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2015 02:40 AM

Dear Developer,

i'm personally is a crazy typist who love so much keyboard, especially those shortcuts.

i'm so glad you managed to create this little application that can ease many people in their daily lives.

----------------------------------my problem

I just downloaded and run the tools and i get such error message, do you mind to help me on the matter?

Error: Can't load icon.

Specifically: Utilman.exe

Line#

---->   529: Menu,tray,Icon,Disable All Hotkeys,Utilman.exe,5,19

The current thread will exit.

----------------------------------For your information,

- However, the program still works with "Control + Space" and save picture to default picture (as I didn't change any setting during the throughout/tutorial).

I'm running on:

- Windows 8 64 bit machine.

- Intel Core i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz

- 4.00 GB RAM

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
Thanks for reporting the bug.

I don't have windows 8, so I didn't confirm that utilman.exe exists. This is for the "Disable/Enable All Hotkeys" icon on the system tray menu.

I have it fixed and you can let the program update to version 9.1 when you start SavePictureAs or you can select Check For Updates from Settings option on the system tray icon.

Or download it from the first post of this thread.

solareclipse
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Sep 02 2013 07:59 PM

Great App, i recently upgrade to Windows 8.1 and it doesnt save the pictures anymore. The hotkeys doesnt work. I ll be glad if you can check this further. Thank you

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts

Great App, i recently upgrade to Windows 8.1 and it doesnt save the pictures anymore. The hotkeys doesnt work. I ll be glad if you can check this further. Thank you

I don't have windows 8.

I do have access to windows 8 from time to time and I have to have windows 8 in desktop mode for SavePictureAs to work.

Have you tried it in Desktop mode?

Hotkeys 1-10 and the Default hotkey only works if one of the supported browser is active.

Have you tried one of the other hotkey?  For instance the "Rename Last Picture" is active all the time, and should at the very least give you a message box even if no pictures have been saved.