Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Notepad2-mod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
fred
  • Members
  • 263 posts
  • Last active: Oct 24 2013 02:02 PM
Notepad2-mod

Changes compared to the official Notepad2:

* Code folding
* Support for bookmarks
* Syntax highlighting support for AutoHotKey, AutoIt3, Bash, CMake, Inno Setup, LaTeX, Lua, NSIS, Ruby and Tcl scripts
* Improved support for NFO ANSI art
* Support for replacing Windows Notepad using a clean, unintrusive registry-based method
* Native x86-64 support
* Other various minor changes and tweaks

AutoHotKey Highlighting

Posted Image

• Guests
  • Last active:
No offense intended to anyone, but if you (or "they" {or anyone}) are gonna make an entire Notepad2-mod to support AutoHotkey syntax (which is a GREAT thing! Thx!)...then PLEASE spell it correctly...
AutoHotkey is spelled AutoHotkey, that is: capital "A", lowercase "uto", capital "H", lowercase "otkey"...no capital k!...it's a lowercase k!...look all over the Official Site/Docs & the program itself, it's a lowercase k!
Remember: AutoHotkey (capital A, capital H, lowercase k) (unless referring to it as "AHK", which is all uppercase {cuz "AHk" would look really bad})...this is just an FYI, I'm not attacking you, fred.

fred
  • Members
  • 263 posts
1. I copied it from the website
2. AutoHotkey is not case sensitive :)
3. You can't hear the difference if you say the word "AutoHotkey" with lower/upper case :)
4. Since it is my name you should have spelled it Fred :)

Live and let live :)

• Guests
  • Last active:

1. I copied it from the website

...I didn't know if you wrote Notepad2-mod or were just recommending it. (which is why I said "...if you (or "they" {or anyone})..." to cover the possibilities)

2. AutoHotkey is not case sensitive :)

...the problem is, the more people that "spell it wrong"...the more people think that's the right way to spell it.

4. Since it is my name you should have spelled it Fred :)

...I spelled it with the case you chose when you created your forum username, which is all lowercase "fred". BTW, you can rename yourself to uppercase Fred in your profile, if that's what you prefer.

Do you have any way to contact the owners of Notepad2-mod?...to inform them of the proper case of "AutoHotkey". I looked at their Wiki on Google Code, but I don't see an "Edit" button...which kinda makes it "not be a Wiki".

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
I stand with "Guest" here, I frown when I see AutoHotKey, LUA or Javascript (should be AutoHotkey, Lua and JavaScript).
I wrote too much code in case sensitive languages, I suppose (but I coded also in Basic, PHP and AHK...).
And, I, too, type the names exactly as I see them in the Author column...
8)
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

fred
  • Members
  • 263 posts
O well, if people are that case sensitive i won't post anymore, it's mend to help others not to get insulted... :?

Jay Chong Yen Jye
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Jan 27 2015 02:40 AM

Dear developer/person who sharing,

I'm glad I found notepad2-mod via your post and thanks for sharing.

Meanwhile, I had read through all comments above and please stay calm with public's critique, it's very normal and try to read from the other's shoe, the feeling/emotion will be very different.

Myself had posted several functions at other website before and experienced same too. Just take it. Indeed, the positive way is - Someone really care about your post, else they wouldn't spend time to comment it ;)

Peace and thanks again :D

---------------------------

Dear PhiLho & Guest,

Guys, the person who trying to posted up this topic is more on sharing at first intention. Even if the spelling is wrong, just tell him/her nicely, no need to repeat with several "emotion writing styles" and seems "insulted" publicly. Peace guys.

Lastly,

Just my 2 cents and hope everything goes well guys ;)

BoBo
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Last active: May 04 2017 07:02 AM

Well, that thread is nearly 3 years old so the perfect time to say: THX fred !