Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

New website (first design)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic
Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
I prefer the current icons. These would be a little hard to see in the tray and explorer. They just don't stand out..
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

jaco0646
  • Moderators
  • 3165 posts
  • Last active: Apr 01 2014 01:46 AM
I like philou's file icon quite a lot, but the tray icons not at all. Like Lexikos, I've yet to see any tray icon that really strikes me. And thanks to this thread, I've discovered the tray icon is what provides the most powerful image of AHK (at least for me). After seeing everyone associate AHK with blue and white, I feel I've just returned from an alternate universe where grass isn't green. :shock: How about philou's file icon with green lettering! :p

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:
As I mentioned in the vote for the new logo thread, I like
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...com/favicon.ico<!-- m -->

nice and simple but elegant and still stands out in the tray

Easy to recreate as well if the original file(s) are no longer available,
easy to colorise for the various states (paused, suspended etc)

Also looks nice in blue
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...ov/favicon2.ico<!-- m -->
or brighter green
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...ov/favicon3.ico<!-- m -->

don't have the skills to do it justice but you get the idea :wink:

guest3456
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I have made the mock design with a white bg and also changed the colours of the menus. What do people think?

Definitely better now, menu command structure is much clearer this way.

agreed, good work

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
I agree the favicon is nice, but I think it doesn't carry the same "identity" as the original icons, so I've taken the general style and drawn a few from scratch. If these are satisfactory, I might try to redo the main icon and script file icon in a similar style. (Someone else could do this; I just need 32x32 and 48x48 versions.)
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...exikos/tray.png<!-- m -->

I have made the mock design with a white bg and also changed the colours of the menus. What do people think?

The background colours are okay, but I don't like the grey text, particularly on the submenu since there's not enough contrast. It could use a bit of colour.

SoLong&Thx4AllTheFish
  • Members
  • 4999 posts
  • Last active:

https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/~Lexikos/tray.png

Vote+ :D

shajul
  • Members
  • 571 posts
  • Last active: Aug 01 2015 03:45 PM

(Someone else could do this; I just need 32x32 and 48x48 versions.)

I like gloss, hence just tried creating some glossy icons with shadow.. (rough designs only)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image - large without shadow

If nobody likes them, just forget it! :)

Edit: Icons dont show here - you can download them and try
blue icon | green icon | noshadow icon
If i've seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants

my site | ~shajul | WYSIWYG BBCode Editor

IsNull
  • Moderators
  • 990 posts
  • Last active: May 15 2014 11:56 AM

If nobody likes them, just forget it!

No way, I like them :lol:

n-l-i-d
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Not bad. :)

Some remarks:

- Please make it a no-JS version.
- Please make it a not-necessarily-1024x768-resolution (let it resize)
- The green of the code is... ugly and not very readable.

Keep going! 8)

MacroMan!
  • Members
  • 604 posts
  • Last active: Mar 20 2012 11:40 AM

The background colours are okay, but I don't like the grey text, particularly on the submenu since there's not enough contrast. It could use a bit of colour.

What do you suggest? I've tried playing around with different colours, greens, blues, reds, etc but everything seems to clash with the white writing on blue background of the logo. For now, the best balance I can strike is to have the text white (with the opposite menus blue as the current page) so you can take a look to see what that looks like. You are more than welcome to make your own mock up to see what colours you think will work.

Please make it a no-JS version.

Unfortunately two of the things that have been asked for require JavaScript. The Command column on the left of the page, which must fold away for users with a lower screen resolution & the ability to skin the page or change the appearance of the page so users can have the simplified, white design. I would have done the skin bit in PHP, but to preserve all current external/forum links, the pages must remain .htm files. Besides, does anyone really have JS turned off anymore? I mean, in the 90's when people where scared of what it could do, sure, turn it off, but with browser security today, is this really still such an issue?

Saying that, I will make it so the page still works with JS turned off. It will load the default skin which cannot be changed and the command sidebar will not work while JS is off.

Please make it a not-necessarily-1024x768-resolution (let it resize)

As mentioned in a previous post, there will be a simple 'white' version for users who do not wish to use the new design. In fact, the entire design is actually CSS based, so other uses can, if they want to, create new skins that could be selected if that is what people want.

The green of the code is... ugly and not very readable.

I have been through a few colours now that people have suggested changing. The problem is, is that the code needs to be easily recognizable as code and not other text. I'm out of ideas on what colour to use, if you have a suggestion, please let it be known (along with the hex code (#FFFFFF style)) and I can apply it to see what it looks like.

Please don't be put off from posting, I'm not dismissing your ideas or concerns, I am simply trying to find the best solution that will meet most peoples needs. After all, you can't please everyone all of the time.

David
What ever happened, happened.

LiquidGravity
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2014 04:11 PM
Few suggestions:

- The color of the documentation (code, links,etc) should be the same as the current site/help. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Place it in the new header/border but use the original colors. Should work nicely.

- Top corners of the dark gray border are square but the bottoms are rounded. Should both be rounded to match the rest of the design.

- Here is my modified version of Philou's icons. Image Comparison. The text size was increased slightly and the Suspend and Pause versions were added. (Anyone know what the additional icons are for? - I just kept them for consistency.) See how it looks in your tray. This is just a compiled msg box that uses those icons. Pause and Suspend the script to see them in your tray.

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:

What do you suggest? I've tried playing around with different colours, greens, blues, reds, etc but everything seems to clash with the white writing on blue background of the logo.

What do you think about swapping the active/inactive colours, i.e. have the active item white and the rest blue (as the active item is now)?

The green of the code is... ugly and not very readable.

I have been through a few colours now that people have suggested changing.

Does that include the original colours? I think they fit better with the rest of the page than cyan/bright green. My documentation uses the same background colours as the original (#F3F3FF for code, #FFFFAA for syntax), but has a few differences:
[*:of8mi171]Code and syntax use monospaced font (Consolas, Courier New, monospace) rather than Verdana.
[*:of8mi171]I use <code> inline for emphasis; it is styled similarly to <pre>.
[*:of8mi171]<code> and <pre> have a 1px solid #D7D7D7 border.
[*:of8mi171]Comments are slightly darker (#009000 vs #00A000).See mockup below. Among other things, I "updated" the content and replaced the table of parameters with a definition list (which was already styled by the template; I had originally imagined something simpler, like MSDN's lightweight view). Code and syntax are using styles copy-pasted from my docs. I softened the link colours a bit (from the original documentation) to match the softer grey text.
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh...ikos/mockup.htm<!-- m -->

Other links for comparison:
<!-- m -->http://www.autohotke...ds/FileRead.htm<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->https://ahknet.autoh... ... leRead.htm<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://www.wakelin.co.cc/ahk/docs.php<!-- m -->

n-l-i-d
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I like Lexicos' version of the documentation way better.

If you provide stylesheets for "mobile" or other smaller screen-resolutions, then it's fine to use JS. But do consider creating a non-JS version too.

HTH

fincs
  • Moderators
  • 1662 posts
  • Last active:

I like Lexicos' version of the documentation way better.

+1

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
I also prefer the version posted by Lexikos. However, could one make it a bit wider or use relative sizes? It only covers about half of my screen width on 1680*1050.