Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Zizorz - Copy & share anything visual [AHK 1.1]

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic
dragby
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Mar 03 2012 04:15 PM
Hi Simon!

Works great and is very useful. Here is some feedback:

In the instruction you should make it clear that the modifier keys are to be pressed before dragging. I thought they were to be pressed after dragging (silly me).

Do you have a version that runs in the background? Starting up this program in Windows 7 is a hassle. :?

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM

Hi Simon!

Works great and is very useful. Here is some feedback:

In the instruction you should make it clear that the modifier keys are to be pressed before dragging. I thought they were to be pressed after dragging (silly me).

Do you have a version that runs in the background? Starting up this program in Windows 7 is a hassle. :?

Thanks & thanks :)

Instruction will be reworded for next update:

;Old
Drag to capture an area (or)`nhold [Win] to capture target window`n[+Shift] Upload`n[+Ctrl] Copy`n[+Alt] File
; New
Hold a modifier and drag to capture`n[+Shift] Upload`n[+Ctrl] Copy`n[+Alt] File`n[+Win]Capture window

Does that make more sense?

If you press F1 while Zizorz is running you can access settings (should really be clearer about that) where you can automatically create a shortcut with a hotkey. Pressing this hotkey (by default Ctrl+Alt+Z) starts Zizorz using Windows own "Explorer.exe" which is always running.

Stay tuned for my public alpha release of Appifyer, or sign up for instant closed-alpha access. Appifyer is a tool that will let you control and startup any type of apps.

theborg3of5
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Last active: Jan 10 2013 04:25 AM
sumon,

Are you planning to release a version with configurable modifier keys? Some of us use AltDrag, and I don't think it's possible to disable it from autohotkey.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

sumon,

Are you planning to release a version with configurable modifier keys? Some of us use AltDrag, and I don't think it's possible to disable it from autohotkey.

If it is requested (which it now is!), maybe. This is one of the few times that I have opted to not allow for user configuration, but instead for something that will be as intuitive and simple as possible (after the first use, it all makes sense - right?).

So, euhm, you would like to be able to configure it to f.ex Shift/Ctrl/Win/... Shift+Ctrl?

However, I thought Zizorz would "steal" the Alt+Righthotkey for the duration it is run, where it would not interfere with other hotkeys (such as Altdrag). Am I mistaken? Describe.

Hotkey, *!LButton, SaveClip ; Alt (File)

I could otherwise just make sure the source code is uptodate, and you could change it yourself, or I could make an exception singleton unique version for you. Which hotkey, if so, would you prefer for file-save?

I can by the way report that Zizorz has now been enabled for singleclick install using Appifyer, so when I reach 499 posts... I'm gonna make everyone try Zizorz. :D

theborg3of5
  • Members
  • 22 posts
sumon,

I can absolutely agree that it makes plenty of sense the way that you have the modifiers set up, I just have the misfortune of having a hotkey clash. :)

As to the stealing, it does not appear to be working - but then, AltDrag is also a separate .exe (<!-- m -->http://code.google.com/p/altdrag/<!-- m -->), not an AHK script, so could that affect things? Any use of the alt key with the mouse (including with Win) activates AltDrag and moves the window instead of drawing the screenshot box.

Regardless, I'm always a fan of more customization options, so I'd love to see that, particularly in case others have similar issues but clashes via different hotkeys. If you'd prefer to make the source code available, I won't be able to compile it, would I (as voiced in the first post)?

If you do choose to add more customization options, I suppose that you've already used all of the modifier keys, so only combinations would still be open (assuming, of course, that you can't use other keys, which I don't think you can without additional troubles). You could treat the window modifier differently, of course, since it can already be used in conjunction with other keys (to save a window to file, etc.).

On a completely separate note, if you'd like to add it for a full configuration's sake, you could always allow the mouse button to be changed.

In any case, this is an excellent script, and thank you for creating it in the first place! I will be sure to check out Appifyer when it comes out, as well!

dragby
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Hi Simon!

Instruction will be reworded for next update:

;Old
Drag to capture an area (or)`nhold [Win] to capture target window`n[+Shift] Upload`n[+Ctrl] Copy`n[+Alt] File
; New
Hold a modifier and drag to capture`n[+Shift] Upload`n[+Ctrl] Copy`n[+Alt] File`n[+Win]Capture window

Does that make more sense?

If you press F1 while Zizorz is running you can access settings (should really be clearer about that) where you can automatically create a shortcut with a hotkey. Pressing this hotkey (by default Ctrl+Alt+Z) starts Zizorz using Windows own "Explorer.exe" which is always running.

Stay tuned for my public alpha release of Appifyer, or sign up for instant closed-alpha access. Appifyer is a tool that will let you control and startup any type of apps.

Thanks Simon!

That looks good, and using the hotkey (as well as telling windows 7 not to prompt me every time I launch zizorz.exe) makes it convenient to use.

I will be keeping an eye on your Appifier page (had a look the other day but I saw it was still under construction). You seem to have a good knack of making useful applications! Thumbs up! 8)

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

sumon,

I can absolutely agree that it makes plenty of sense the way that you have the modifiers set up, I just have the misfortune of having a hotkey clash. :)

[... more text ...]

In any case, this is an excellent script, and thank you for creating it in the first place! I will be sure to check out Appifyer when it comes out, as well!

I'm glad that you both are excited about Appifyer, it's released now, as I further explain in my reply to dragby.

Something that could probably be possible is allow a key to be pressed before the actual dragging action, but in my eyes that adds one action to the process of clipping an image. The source can be compiled or used if it's along with the data files & user library, and it also requires AHK_L Ansi version (I don't know exactly why, but Unicode seems to miss out on something).

I will try to implement some other upload service soon to Zizorz, since alot of people can't see imageshack links. That, and improve the way the imageshack uploads, to maybe use their official API instead of an anonymous upload.

Cheers.

Thanks Simon!

That looks good, and using the hotkey (as well as telling windows 7 not to prompt me every time I launch zizorz.exe) makes it convenient to use.

I will be keeping an eye on your Appifier page (had a look the other day but I saw it was still under construction). You seem to have a good knack of making useful applications! Thumbs up! 8)

No probs! Thanks for the compliments, and yeah - it's reaaally handy when it's set up using Appifyer (or some other ways of launching it with a hotkey). That's kind of the point, lightweight and instant.

By the way, Appifyer is now available for public alpha, so check it out if you like. On Appifyer.com there's also a list of current apps, and if you have one-click installation activated on Appifyer, you can install them with one click (duh), or well, up to two clicks maybe. Out of curiosity, which other app did you mean when saying "Knack of making useful applications"? Anyway, you can check my other apps out and see if there's something you wanna try. Not all are flawless, but most of them have been tested for a while and run really good.

theborg3of5
  • Members
  • 22 posts
sumon,

Does this mean that you are planning to update the source and release those data files, etc.? And therefore not planning to add any new configuration options?

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

sumon,

Does this mean that you are planning to update the source and release those data files, etc.? And therefore not planning to add any new configuration options?

I don't know what it means (since I had nothing in mind when writing it). The data files are the same as in the exe by the way, and the libraries should be Notify, httpQuery & AddGraphicButton(). There's might also be an #include Feedback.ahk that should be removed iirc.

I could of course implement some easy nongraphical configuration, the problem is if I want to implement it into the GUI. I will do that only if I think it'll be useful enough. The other thing I'm unsure of is the "press before dragging" option. I actually want that myself, since sometimes I want to photocopy something off my webcam window directly (without saving that to a file), and hold the webcam in my other hand. The solution now (prepare for a laugh), is to hold the webcam between my teeth.

I'll think of something but leave no promises. Compiling a personal version for you would be no prob though, so if you tell me the hotkey change I'll add that.

theborg3of5
  • Members
  • 22 posts
Ah, I've got it now. Apologies, I didn't realize at first that by data files, you meant the ones in the Data/ directory. :oops:

I've got it working happily now, thank you! The code is very well-written and documented, as well, kudos for that! :)

Chicken Pie 4 Tea
  • Members
  • 379 posts
  • Last active: Dec 12 2014 06:46 PM
doesn't work for me. if I click drag nothing happens. If I alt drag then I see a square is drawn but then the app exits! I am using the latest exe
I should say I am using XP (sp2)

oops sorry my mistake - I realize now that it is supposed to exit after each capture and that it saves the image to the folder "print screens".
I would like a way to set it to not exit after each capture and also the option to capture to the clipboard. I still need to use Alt drag though for it to capture- which is fine by me.
"Choose your parents wisely"

dragby
  • Members
  • 6 posts

sumon,

Out of curiosity, which other app did you mean when saying "Knack of making useful applications"?

Hi Simon!

Apart from zizorz, I was looking att Sunny Windows and now I have also been checking out the other Appifier apps and really like the idea of having a number of lightweight apps rather than one "bulky" app with many features and functions.

So far I have downloaded Go.exe, Colorette.exe and Pastej.exe (haha.. good name :-) ) and am testing them out a little.

I did notice one side-effect when using Go.exe. A couple of times when it opens an explorer tab the whole IE-window goes almost completely transparent. Do you know what might be causing this?

Regards
dragby

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
I thought I had updated Go to fix that, but maybe there's more to it than I thought. The relevant code is probably this:

Gui, +LastFound +ToolWindow
Gui, Show,, Go
go_hwnd := WinExist()
WinSet, Transparent, 5, ahk_id %go_hwnd%
FadeIn(250, "ahk_id " . go_hwnd)

; --------- alot of code goes here

Exit: ; OnExit subroutine
FadeOut(250, "ahk_id " . go_hwnd)

It seems right to me, but I updated the online version just now - apparantly there's another bug that causes searchies above >9 to crash Go, so I'll have to fix that too. Click here to update (if you have enabled "One-click install" on Appifyer). :D

By the way, cheers for trying them out and liking the idea. I must note that I haven't fixed the url conversion problem with Sunny Windows, so that can't be auto-installed. General support for Appifyer & apps is okay to me/best to handle in the Appifyer thread.

Cerberus
  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Last active: Aug 17 2017 05:01 PM
Perfect! This is exactly what I had been looking for. It works like a charm.

One thing of note: as I was using Zizorz through Appifyer, it would only work correctly if Appifyer was run "as an administrator" on my father's Windows 7 computer. Otherwise both the Upload and Save File functions would give errors.

This may not be the same on all Win 7 computers: this computer bugs me about administrator rights on occasion, and it won't automatically start up any .ahk files I put in the start-up directory, for some reason.

nimda
  • Members
  • 4368 posts
  • Last active: Aug 09 2015 02:36 AM
Cerberus: turn off UAC if it bugs you