Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

GDI+ Manual (v1.43)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic
col_mik
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Last active: Aug 29 2015 03:29 PM

Right click -> Properties -> Unblock.

There was a link to the explanation a few posts above yours, if you're interested.

Right-click what?

I looked for the other post, and searched both pages of this thread for "right" and "click", buit no joy.

I'd really like this manual, but so far, I get the same error as others have had.

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
Right click the chm file, which is the file that you downloaded. This fixes the problem wherein all pages give a navigation error. If you are getting another error, it would be due to another cause.

Wolf_Wolf
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2013 06:23 AM

Right-click what?

I looked for the other post, and searched both pages of this thread for "right" and "click", buit no joy.

I'd really like this manual, but so far, I get the same error as others have had.

1. Rename the file to something like GDIManual.chm
2. put the file in a location that doesn't contain in its path symbols like underscore, pluses, etc, e.g. D:\Downloads

3. righ-clcik the file, go to Properties, in the General tab of dialog window opened, click on Unblock button if exists and click Ok

4. try now to open the file.

Wolf_Wolf
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Last active: Apr 04 2013 06:23 AM

Hope this helps!

col_mik
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • Last active: Aug 29 2015 03:29 PM

Ah!  Now I've got it.  Thanks for helping a thicko !

julius
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2015 05:39 PM

GDI_Manual.jpg

CHM manual compiled from tic's GDI+ Library - see GDI+ standard library to download latest library. I took tic's documentation and broke it down into each function, as well as breaking down his examples and linking to the pages for each function in the examples. Many thanks to tic for his awesome graphic library, I just found there are so many functions/options that a CHM was easier to browse.

[ Download GDI+ Manual ]

In the past using home made CHMs I've found that sometimes built in security measures can block images to examples and such. If prompted allow access to whatever the prompt asks. (It's all safe - the code is all there in the rar below if you need to check it)

For backup purposes I also uploaded the CHM project files (which is a compilation of web pages using Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop) if anyone needs/wants them.

*** Updated to version 0.6 of the manual - replaced "GDip" references with "GDI+" ***

Tried to download the GDI+ Manual, but got an error msg. It's my first day with Gdi and I appreciate every help I can get ;)

Julius

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM

Hey Julius,

As stated on the previous page in this thread, there is a temporary upload here while the author has not yet fixed the links in the first post: http://winningtank.c...GDI _Manual.chm

When you download it, you might encounter a, "Navigation to this website has been cancelled" error. You can fix this by right clicking the file you downloaded, selecting "Properties", and in the dialog that comes up, press "Unblock".

Lucid_Method
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Last active: Dec 06 2014 08:39 AM

Almost 2 years later and this thread is still going... right on :) Thanks to everyone who posted help for other users!

Posted Image
Macro Everything
Lucid_Method Index

chaz
  • Members
  • 192 posts
  • Last active: Oct 01 2015 02:42 AM

Broken link...please fix.

Find me at the other forum as timeFlies.

julius
  • Members
  • 100 posts
  • Last active: Oct 30 2015 05:39 PM

Hey Julius,

As stated on the previous page in this thread, there is a temporary upload here while the author has not yet fixed the links in the first post: http://winningtank.c...GDI _Manual.chm

When you download it, you might encounter a, "Navigation to this website has been cancelled" error. You can fix this by right clicking the file you downloaded, selecting "Properties", and in the dialog that comes up, press "Unblock".

Thanks! I think I should read postings more careful ;)

RobertL
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2014 08:48 AM

Much thanks, the link at 37# still work!