Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Radial Menu and rocket gestures: radialM 1.1

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic
kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
  • Last active: Oct 10 2010 07:30 PM
radialM 1.1 is up

http://sourceforge.n...ckage_id=209814

new:
Finally radialM 1.1 is out: numerous bugs have been corrected and a lot of features have been added:

- solved right click bug
- radialmenu can be called continously from another radialmenu
- sinle hotkeys support: any command can be assigned to a single hotkey
- extension support: support for plugins in ahk format
- now mouse buttons can be disabled from conf.ini
- fast folder browser menu has now support for icons: change them in icon_files folder
- context sensitive pd-menu:
new special hotkey (^!a): press it on a
window and if this is the first time you press it on this
window, then a new pull-down menu will be created for that
window, else the pull-down menu created before will be shown
and you can modify it with your favourite commands for that
window
- winsettransparency command
- favourite folders are organized in folders.txt file
- winset|x,y,w,h command to fix position and size of current window
- myfolders command with your favourite folders
- browselast command will show last browsed folder
- any hotkey can call a radialmenu: the first is the main key to leave the menu showed
- WIN+N to fast browse selected folder address
- added "b" to magicfield to ffb and "w" for wikipedia
- minor bug fixes

for more info visit http://radialm.sourceforge.net

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Sounds interesting. To get some useful comments, you might try giving more of an overview of its features and benefits. In addition, if the script is visual in nature (which this one sounds like), a screenshot is an enormous help for getting people interested.

Rainy-Day
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Last active: Nov 06 2006 04:40 PM
I can't really make heads or tails of this.. The configuration leads me to think that in desktop I will have a menu with e: on top, notepad on right, etc. Instead I get a menu with copy, paste, etc. On top of that, when I move my mouse in the direction of the choice, it does not seem to be activated.
-AK

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
Rainy-Day,look at option tab and change context sensitive key with right mouse button, then general menu with a key of your choice.
screenshots will come soon

Terrapin
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • Last active: Feb 06 2007 03:38 PM
Kiu, I think this program could be very appealing, but if you don't mind me saying so, maybe you are rushing it a bit? The previous version you posted worked nicely. This one gave me a great deal of trouble, and crashed at certain points.

One thing you are trying to do is something like 'If %hkey% = var' - this is where it is crashing. On the left side of an IF statement, the variable name should not be enclosed in % signs.

Probably the easiest and first thing I would recommend, however, is setting the initial time the tooltips appear on the screen to 4-5 seconds. At 2 seconds, they are gone before I even can tell what is going on.

Again, it is a program I might possibly use a lot, if some of the problems were corrected. I would like to help beta test it if you come out with a newer version of the beta.

Very Best,

Bob
When it comes to Binary, there are 10 types of people. Those who get it and those who don't. :)

RainyDay
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I got a few errors, too. I want to write a bit about possibilities of this program..

When you run a command, you want it to be as easy a process as possible. Running a command is easy or hard depending on how far the mouse has to travel and how precisely it has to be positioned. In other words, if you have to push the mouse all the way across the screen, it's difficult (not like inventing a rocket but still..); if you have to move the mouse just a little bit but it has to be positioned at one single pixel, that's even more difficult.

Therefore, a good "Command running" app is an app that will let you travel your mouse very little, and position it very approximately.

That's why gestures are very popular and very easy to use - you move the mouse just within about an inch or two of screen space, and it doesn't have to hit any precise spot or draw precise lines.

Gestures, however, have big drawbacks: you can't be certain that you got the right one, because lines are approximate, and in addition it's hard to remember more than a handful. I mapped a number of gestures to Autocad commands I use often and it was a bit of struggle to remember all the ones with two moves (i.e. up-right).

I think an ideal command-running app would allow you to have a set of radial buttons that work immediately from center, i.e. if you move only one pixel up, the top button is highlighted, and it stays highlighted unless you cross the border with a neighbouring button.

This would get all the 'ingredients': a) mouse travel is absolutely minimal B) mouse travel is as approximate it can be while still letting you pick one button or another c) it gives you a visual clue so that you know which command will run.

Ideally I'd love to see this as a set of buttons that fill in area radially, going away from center point where you clicked the mouse and becoming wider as they go out, and current mouse would be highlighted as you move the mouse. However, this may be a bit hard to pull off. The closest thing that can be reasonably easily done with AHK is perhaps a radial menu like the one done by kiu, but with two main differnces: a) current button's tooltip being highlighted, and B) button being selected immediately as you move a few pixels in its direction.

I'll do this myself, eventually. But it looks like kiu is almost there, already..

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
update:
I eliminated rocket gesture for now and rewrited the code from zero.
The conf.ini is almost the same.
The radialm_1.ahk is the main program and in only 77 lines of code can do more then the previous program.
Please try it and send me a feedback.
I put MButton for context sensitive menu,RButton for general and XB1 and XB2 are other 2 menu.
There is no gui at the moment,but it will arrive later.
Sorry if it not exist a documentation yet,but I'm Italian and it's a little difficoult for me to speak in English.
For Rainy-Day:the animated menu, like I think you intend it, is not so difficult to implent,and will be made later, when at last this one work good.Thanks for the explanation of the program that you posted above,it's really good.

Now test the new code,please.

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
sorry,there was an error(reset() in the wrong place),now it is ok

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
now ~220 lines

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
for RainyDay:this is an exemple of animated menu that can do what you say.
Take a look and tell me what you think about.

animated menu

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

for RainyDay:this is an exemple of animated menu that can do what you say.
Take a look and tell me what you think about.

animated menu

Invalid link

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
new update with exe included.

invalid link

animated menu should go because it's shown on my autohotkey.net page
try it later

Serenity
  • Members
  • 1271 posts
  • Last active:
kiu, in order for others to be able to download your files, the links need to begin with:

https://ahknet.autohotkey.com/~kiu/
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." - Mae West
Posted Image

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
ok,links corrected.Tell me if they works now :wink:

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
new in next release:when calling a radmenu from a menu voice,LButton works only on the menu,and not in the other windows