Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Appifyer (0.99 alpha) - Launch & hotkey any apps

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic
PEG
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Should it return something else then 404/200 you can look that up at http://www.w3.org/Pr...2616-sec10.html

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
  • Last active: Dec 05 2016 10:14 PM
Off-topic:

Here's the little example made by gamax92
on my request.
Should be used before UrlDownloadToFile, so no bogus html 404 files are written as the intended file.

Thanks, that's implemented in the remoteResource() function now. Haven't tried it so much for myself, but I'll keep improving remoteResource().

On-topic:

I know I've said "soon" many times, so I won't say it again. However, the code has been worked through rather thoroughly to make most of the variables easier to understand. I'm also removing old code, and adding more comments. The feature improvement list for the unreleased v1.2 is pretty large so I'll soon be able to github & distribute it.

If someone wants to take a look at the code before the public release, and give me comments as of how I can improve the readability, please send me a PM.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
I am working actively with Appifyer now again (PM me if you wanna test v1.2 for some bugs etc.), and am adding more useful functions to the "API" (both online and offline). For apps registered with Appifyer.com (in the future, this may be extended/improved, maybe connected to a future AHK script repo) I will document and provide the following functions:

[*:16yl1yu4]Feedback emailed to developer, without needing to host an email server or expose credentials/email adress (this will be handled backend) [OK]
[*:16yl1yu4]Retrievable app information (version, recommended hotkey, license, launchcount etc.) for any app - local or global [OK]
[*:16yl1yu4]Initiate appification (installing/adding an app to Appifyer) of any app
[*:16yl1yu4]Change Appifyer's hotkeys/etc. for an installed app
[*:16yl1yu4]Running an installed app
This will all be scriptable. The intention is to provide benefits for developers, provide extra functionality for apps, etc. For example, your app might include an option to install another app directly from its' GUI, check for data from Appifyer.com, call Appifyer to install it etc. Or you might just want to include a simple-to-implement/simple-to-use Feedback function. Maybe you want to keep your app's hotkey in sync with the hotkey used to launch your app? You might use another app as "plugin" for your app, and "combo" several apps in a chain of actions (such as Zizorz uploading a file, then calling bitlyButler (if it exists) to shorten the URL).

Any other future requests regarding API?

PS. All annoying bugs from version 0.99 should be removed by now, and the source code looks good enough that it will be published when I release the next version.

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
Can't wait for the source release! The interoperability idea sounds pretty neat.

Personally, I'd like to see a centralized update system. "Universal Update" would make keeping everything up to date a lot easier.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

Can't wait for the source release! The interoperability idea sounds pretty neat.

Personally, I'd like to see a centralized update system. "Universal Update" would make keeping everything up to date a lot easier.

Oh, automatic updating is already implemented in a basic form (in 0.99 too), but it can and will be improved in a few different ways - including making update notes available, more intelligent notifications (saying "2 new updates available" is helpful, but the tenth time it gets pretty annoying) and even easier user interaction (including "Update all apps"). Of course it requires that the version information is available to Appifyer.com centrally, so I hope it'll be made easy enough to become an attractive distribution option.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts
Couldn't help but to bump with a sneakpeak of the new GUI style for Appifyer. I have also been busy creating an alternative metro-style launcher with customizable app positions etc. I hope to flesh out the remaining bugs soon enough to include it in v1.2.

Uberi
  • Moderators
  • 1119 posts
  • Last active: May 02 2015 06:05 PM
Good work! I'd like the Metro style launcher better without the drop shadow, though.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

Good work! I'd like the Metro style launcher better without the drop shadow, though.

Thanks! Good point, I'll see what I can do. Didn't really modify the image much from the original one I used for a splashscreen.

sumon
  • Moderators
  • 1317 posts

I will make no further promises about future updates of Appifyer (seeing as previous promises have failed to be delivered), but source code is now (finally) available. I have pushed it on github:

https://github.com/Appifyer/Appifyer