Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Basic GUI creator.

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic
sjkeegs
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Last active: Jun 17 2015 06:01 PM

I like it :) feels a lot smoother then smartgui.

My suggestions:
1. have the align tools work on reverse. If you right-click on a control and then click the align buttons, it should align that control to the next control clicked.

I like the way you can use it to align multiple controls by clicking one after the other to align them all. How would you do that in reverse?
SJKeegs

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM
well, maybe just think of a different menu name. I was assuming it would align the selected control with the target control. not the target controls with the selected control.

since there is already a selection system, why not use that?
H-align selection and V-align selection.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

sjkeegs
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Last active: Jun 17 2015 06:01 PM
Could you add a new post when you update the script, in addition to updating the initial post. This has changed quite a bit since the last new post in this thread.
SJKeegs

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
  • Last active: Apr 10 2019 01:28 PM
I re-wrote a good part of the code. Tabs retain controls position and tab numbers. Added GUI numbering so you do not have to go back and change every Gui,Add to GUI,3:Add.
Please let me know if I messed anything up.

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
Good job. Here are my suggestions:

- Move: Instead of moving the Control to the mouse, move the mouse to the upper left corner of the Control (without changing the position of the Control).

- Resize: Instead of stretching the Control to the mouse, move the mouse to the lower right corner of the Control (without changing the size of the Control).

- Move: When move is finished (MouseClick) at once jump to "Resize"

- Move: Hotkey for "Move", i.e. Shift+LButton

- Rename: Hotkey for "Rename", i.e. doubleclick/mbutton

- Add: After adding, at once jump to "Move" for positioning the control

- Groupbox: Like TABs, it should remember the groupbox when adding a new Control inside of it

- Load: Allow AhK-Code between the GUI-codelines

- Load: Add "Load GUI from Clipboard"

- Code: Mmmhhh..., do you find everything at once in your code? So maybe, you're the only one? Not a single comment, no blank lines for formating, no order between the functions... Really hard to understand and to follow the code. If you could make the code better readable, there would be a bigger chance for others to support you. If you look around in the forum, you will find a lot of well-structured code.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

- Code: Mmmhhh..., do you find everything at once in your code? So maybe, you're the only one? Not a single comment, no blank lines for formating, no order between the functions... Really hard to understand and to follow the code. If you could make the code better readable, there would be a bigger chance for others to support you. If you look around in the forum, you will find a lot of well-structured code.

I find this comment to be unnecessary. We all have our own style, who is to say what is the best style to use. Here is a code snippet from Skan.

; edited out - Moderator!

Skan writes most everything to be as compact as possible. (Who even knew that you could have }} on one line?) That is his style. Personally, I don't comment my code either. I write for myself and if others find it useful that's great. I wouldn't change the way I code though. Heck, I wish I COULD code like Skan.

Just my $.02

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts

I find this comment to be unnecessary. We all have our own style, who is to say what is the best style to use.
Just my $.02

Thank you for that Morpheus. If you can read my script, suggest changes. If you have an idea for a feature, Suggest it. If you can not and need some help, ask. Enough of that.

Re-uploaded.
-Changed the way that programs are created
1. All controls that are not in tabs
2. All tab controls
3. All controls that are in tabs sorted by tab number
4. All groupbox controls have their contents directly below them. Thanks ruespe!
-Added functionality for "Check for updates"
-Changed moving and re-sizing so that the mouse will move to the control rather than having the control move to it. Thanks ruespe!
-Added Auto move on create and Auto re-size on create. Thanks ruespe!
-I am sure there are more things that I have added thanks to ruespe but it is 5:00am and I am about to pass out.
-Changed allow for blank spaces in code when loading. Thanks ruespe!
I still have a few suggestions to work on from ruespe...Thank you for the suggestions!...but for now I must rest.

Upcoming features:
-Load GUI from clipboard.
-Gui's not created from this creator (hopefully) will be supported.
-Cleaning up the code.

And as always if you have suggestions please feel free to suggest them.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Once again I have been up for nearly 24 hours so this may not be worded correctly.

Latest update:
-Added a program window that keeps track of the created GUI as you make it.
-*Hopefully* retained all of the functionality and improved some.

-Removed Multiple Controls window because I added the programs window.
-Removed Align checkbox because I think it has outlived its use.

Bugs I am aware of:
-If you are using the "Move and Space Evenly" functions and you get the controls too close and you happen to have a Groupbox in the list of controls that you are moving it may get stuck if it overlaps with another control.
-I was not able to get the controls that are inside of groupboxes to be under the groupbox control when the program is made. All of the controls are accounted for, they are just not necessarily in the "correct" order. I will work on it later.

I will try to get some more current screen shots up soon but for now I must rest.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Re-added GUI Numbering.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Ordering controls inside of GroupBoxes is now done on load. To make sure that your program is formatted correctly (if that is something that you require) save your project, load your project and save it one more time. When controls are added they are placed in the proper spot but if you move something into or out of a groupbox it does not update the program.
Re-added window numbering.
Space evenly both vertical and horizontal will now expand if it needs more room and if it will not fit to the gui it will not allow it.

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
Sounds impressive, but can't test. Outputfile only contains first control and Gui,show.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Thanks for the report. I will look in to it when I get home.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
When renaming a control if you cancel or put in a blank value it will not remove your old information. Thanks ruespe. Save dialog now has a save button. Thanks again ruespe. Working on other updates but it takes time. Please be patient.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Options can now be added to controls. (g labels, variables, altsubmit ....)
Added Add hotkey control.
Selecting controls or de-selecting controls will bring the Programs window to the front. Thanks ruespe.

DataLife
  • Members
  • 1022 posts
  • Last active: Nov 27 2015 01:09 AM

Options can now be added to controls. (g labels, variables, altsubmit ....)
Added Add hotkey control.
Selecting controls or de-selecting controls will bring the Programs window to the front. Thanks ruespe.

I am very interested in your Basic Gui Creator.

I have not been able to figure out how to add g labels, variables, and altsubmit using Basic Gui Creator.

When I click the X button to close the program, I get no warning or prompt to save my work and all is lost.

The other is when I add a control the Gui Creator window is no longer activated. I have to click on it to activate it then continue adding controls. But after each control I have to click to activate the Gui Creator window again.

Can you add a WinActivate after adding controls?

I like the snap to grid but I still need the grid background to align the controls.

The update feature is cool, but I made the mistake of choosing Check for Updates then I read the Update message box and clicked Update.

After the update the program restarted and I lost all my work.

As I said before, I am really interested in your Basic Gui Creator and would love to use it to create my Gui's.

DataLife
Check out my scripts.  (MyIpChanger) (XPSnap) (SavePictureAs) All my scripts are tested on Windows 7, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.