Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Basic GUI creator.

• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic
TheDewd
  • Members
  • 842 posts
  • Last active: Jun 10 2016 06:55 PM
This is my favorite Gui creator... I find that objects align much better than in SmartGui.

My only suggestion is to output the script with better formatting, such as adding a space after a comma.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
  • Last active: Apr 10 2019 01:28 PM
Fixed Align Vertically and Horizontally. Let me know if something is wrong.
Also bringing the programs window to the front after just about everything. I am considering making the program window always on top. Any thoughts on that?

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts

This is my favorite Gui creator... I find that objects align much better than in SmartGui.

My only suggestion is to output the script with better formatting, such as adding a space after a comma.

Thank you Weston :) I really appreciate that. As far as putting spaces in the output script, I will consider it but I am not too sure how well it will work. Thanks for the idea.

TheDewd
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Thank you Weston :) I really appreciate that. As far as putting spaces in the output script, I will consider it but I am not too sure how well it will work. Thanks for the idea.

Seriously, your Gui creator really is the best... Especially now since you've worked out a lot of the problems the older versions were giving me, such as not being able to delete certain controls.

The formatting of the saved script really isn't an issue. Just thought I'd add the suggestion for the people who have an Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) to have all code formatted using correct capitalization and punctuation. :lol:

EDIT: Just revisited the post and seen your updated screenshot showing "Add spaces to output". Thanks! It works well.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Added:
-Grid
Removed "testing" option.
Fixed:
-When creating a new gui it would open two creator windows.
Not exactly sure what was going on but,
fixed:
-copy width
-copy height
Changed:
-Program window is owned by the GUI Creator window and is always on top.

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM

EDIT: Just revisited the post and seen your updated screenshot showing "Add spaces to output". Thanks! It works well.

0.001.29: Unfortunately not.

- Scripts saved with the "Add spaces to output"-option can't be reloaded.

- Independend to this option every control within a tab gets a 2nd pair of x-/y-options with incorrect values which are also shown in "Edit options" dialog

- Why did you remove the "testing" option? You simply could store the code as Temp-file and call it by "Run, temp.ahk".

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts

0.001.29: Unfortunately not.

- Scripts saved with the "Add spaces to output"-option can't be reloaded.

- Independend to this option every control within a tab gets a 2nd pair of x-/y-options with incorrect values which are also shown in "Edit options" dialog

- Why did you remove the "testing" option? You simply could store the code as Temp-file and call it by "Run, temp.ahk".

Thank you ruespe! I am so glad that I have someone watching my script and helping me with bugs.
Changed:
-Right button should not bring up the right click menu for the program outside of the program.
-Left button should work properly.
Fixed:
-Somehow the script was adding x and y variables into groupbox items as well.
Fixed:
-Scripts saved with "add spaces" option will now load.
-Removed the second set of x and y values from tab controls.
-Added "testing" back in as "Test Script".

TheDewd
  • Members
  • 842 posts
I found a bug.

While Grid is enabled, when you run the Creator script, you must first minimize it and then restore the Gui window before the Grid is shown. At first the Gui window just has the normal color.

The Grid also adds itself to the other Gui window, with the list of controls...

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Version numbering issue
Fixed:
-Adding controls with hotkeys inside of tabs will work properly
Added:
-Hotkey Options to allow you to create hotkeys for adding controls.
-Hotkey Shift Left Click will move whatever control your mouse is over
-Hotkey Control Left Click will resize whatever control your mouse is over

ruespe
  • Members
  • 567 posts
  • Last active: Dec 01 2014 07:59 PM
I'm on vacation the next 10 days. I'm curious, what I will find, when I'm back. Good luck!

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Enjoy your vacation!

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Added:
-Asks to save before downloading update
-Grid should be a bit better.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Added:
-Change GUI Number is now done through the menu and will not ask you every time you save your GUI.
-Save GUI As will bring up a save dialog and will save the file that you choose.
Changed:
-Save will now save the file if you have opened it. If you select save from a new gui it will bring up the save as dialog.

r7393s
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Last active: Apr 02 2012 05:06 PM
Maestrith, thank you for your excellent GUI creator. I like it better than all the others out there! :)

I wanted to post about an error I'm getting when trying to open a GUI from a saved file. Using the latest Creator.ahk download from OP, error is on line 80:

Parameter #2 is invalid. The current thread will exit.

Specifically: s10

080: Gui,55:add,%x%,%pos1%,%out%

Not sure if it is because of my GUI parameters or because of an error on the Creator.ahk code. Just thought I'd post it to see if anyone else is getting a similar error. Seems like it is from a font GUI line command, where in my GUI I have the font size changed.

maestrith
  • Members
  • 786 posts
Thank you r7393s for the bug report and the kind words :)
Added:
-Change GUI Font
-On load it will read and adjust the font.

I have not really taken too much time for formatting scripts that have not been created by the program and probably should start soon.