Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

I really must recommand PSPad for editing AHK files...FTW

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic
Rabiator
  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • Last active: Aug 29 2016 09:29 PM
You first have to execute "(Your AHK dir)\Extras\Editors\PSPad\Run this to install syntax and clip files for PSPad.ahk". It will install syntax highlighting, clips, and help file for AutoHotkey.

evl
  • Members
  • 1237 posts
  • Last active: Oct 20 2010 11:41 AM
Thanks Rabiator - I had installed it and had the syntax highlighting was working fine so not quite sure what had happened - reinstalled PSPad and the AHK Extras script and it's working as expected now.

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2017 12:17 PM
Ctrl-J is my most-used feature of PSPad :)
AutoCompletion is working for most commands (after installation systax-coloring) and works wonders on variables (no typos possible any more).
Ctrl-Space was never used in practice..

Thalon

Rabiator
  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • Last active: Aug 29 2016 09:29 PM

Ctrl-J is my most-used feature of PSPad :)

Hey, nice feature, new to me!

If there are any grammatical problems or misspelling in my posts please send me a PN or post it as part of your answer.

Ok, ... syntax-coloring :-)

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Ctrl-Space was never used in practice..

I never knew about this, it's totally awesome! However writing code from memory has now become second nature to me; but I suppose this feature would really help newbies.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

kiu
  • Members
  • 234 posts
  • Last active: Oct 10 2010 07:30 PM

Vertical selection works, with Shift+Ctrl+C.

Vertical selection works, with ALT+ "start selecting" too

evl
  • Members
  • 1237 posts
I'll update the list of shortcuts in my earlier post for anyone who wants a quick over-view in future.

@ Thalon: I didn't realise Ctrl+J auto-completes for variables too - that's definitely handy as I like to use (long) descriptive names for my variables.

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

...Ctrl+J auto-completes...

...I haven't downloaded the new version yet, but are those keys configurable?...Ctrl+J don't seem a good "shortcut" for anything, cuz you need 2 hands for it...(unless you're a freak with big hands)...this seems better...
Ctrl+Space = auto-complete (command name AND variables)
Ctrl+Shift+Space = auto-complete full command line...really I'd want Tab for completetion, but then I don't know how you'd Tab...??? Maybe Win+C = Complete, Win+Shift+C = Complete whole command line (what does that mean anyway "auto-complete a full command line").

...please send me a PN or...

...before I thought you were kidding...but maybe not...PN != PM...is that really a typo?
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

evl
  • Members
  • 1237 posts
@ JSLover:
Yes Ctrl+J is configurable (Settings > Program Settings > Key Map > Tools) but I didn't notice anywhere to change Ctrl+Space which was odd. By "auto-complete a full command line" I meant that it inserts a full example of its usage from the help file such as "Sort, VarName [, Options]".

Also I noticed the shortcut for Autohotkey help is Alt+F1

Thalon
  • Members
  • 641 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2017 12:17 PM
Thanks Rabiator (this was a typo) and JSLover (I did not recognize my mistake, because in german a PN is the same as a PM!)

I really like the PSPad because of this feature (I also prefere very descriptive names, so that every noob (I) can read the code also in some month without heavy description :)

But I think it is broken if the code exceeds about 8000 lines XD
After this break-through there are several names which can't be autocompleted any more (used in the above part), so I think there is a maximum of words or letters in the autocompletion-buffer.

Thalon

doublebogey
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Last active: Oct 26 2010 09:08 AM
Hi All
A relative newcomer to any programming and I am very impressed with AHK and what I can now achieve.

I started by using PSPad, and again, I was very impressed, but..

I wanted a feature where I could condense the code to a single line, to help me understand the overall structure of everyones scripts.
As far as I am aware PSPad does not have 'code folding'. where as Notepad++ does. This is invaluable to me as I learn more.

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks
dB
Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers on pencils. Milhouse, The Simpsons

• Guests
  • Last active:
doublebogey is right, it's a pity PSPad is missing this feature - a while back I was searching the forums of PSPad to see if it was possible, but found it was a requested feature, although I have no idea if it is going to be added or not.

brotherS
  • Members
  • 183 posts
  • Last active: May 05 2017 09:15 AM
Damn... I can't figure out how to get AHK syntax highlighting in PSPad :?

I tried "Run this to install syntax and clip files for PSPad" and tried it also manually, but failed :( Is there a step-by-step how-to somewhere?
DonationCoder.com brings AHK to the newbies!
Fan of AutoHotkey? Consider an occasional donation to its developer, Chris Mallett.

• Guests
  • Last active:
@evl

While we are on the Cntl+J and Cntl+Space shortcuts.
If you using a mouse wheel with click, it does the same as Cntl+space.

Click mouse wheel, and then scroll to AHK function required. Select as normal

Thanks
dB

evl
  • Members
  • 1237 posts
@ brotherS: "but failed" - could you be more precise? Have you tried opening an ahk file in PSPad to see if it works?

@ Guest: Thanks for reminding me about the middle-click, forgot to add that to the list.