Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Quantum Entanglement disproving God?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic
Eedis
  • Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2015 06:33 PM
I haven't posted a random off the wall topic in a while on the General Chat, so I will now.

Some researchers at some laboratory (I forget the specifics) were able to "teleport" a particle about 3 feet using the concept of Quantum Entanglement (link, for those of you who don't know what that is). This project has rendered the concept of teleportation as plausible, but only on the atomic level.

If they advanced this technology far enough to be used on the human scale, we face a problem. Using this concept, if we were to teleport a human, they would be completely annihilated atomically at the first point and then reconstructed at the second point using completely different particles. This problem poses two questions.

1. Would you keep your same conscience even though your new brain is made from completely different particles and you 'technically' aren't the same person?

2. If you did keep your conscience after the transfer, does that mean we have no souls, thus, disproving God?
AutoHotkey state, the forum, Poly, and Drainx1. The short story.
I love my wife, my life, my atomic-match; for giving me the greatest gift a man could ask for, such a perfect and beautiful little girl.
9rjbjc.png

jethrow
  • Moderators
  • 2854 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2017 01:57 AM
Keep in mind, man is made of 3 separate entities - Spirit, Soul, and Body. The conscience would be part of (or in the same category as) the Soul. You are talking about reconstructing the Body - which is separate from the Spirit & Soul. In theory, I don't think man could recreate a fully functional human body from raw material. However, if it were possible, I suppose it might also be possible to transfer a Spirit & Soul to a different Body. And yes, in that case you would be the same person - just a diffent body - which would conceptually be similar to getting a new vehicle or home.

Also, on a side note, man trying to disprove God is like computers trying to disprove man.

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2015 03:03 PM

Also, on a side note, man trying to disprove God is like computers trying to disprove man.

Nice analogy.
Being able to teleport from one location to another does not solve the basic question man has had since the begining of time: How did we even get here in the first place?

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM
But if a person's Body were atomically disassembled, would the Spirit and Soul not then become disembodied?
This, and many other nifty topics, are discussed in "The Physics of Star Trek".

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts

But if a person's Body were atomically disassembled, would the Spirit and Soul not then become disembodied?
This, and many other nifty topics, are discussed in "The Physics of Star Trek".

You miss the point jethrow was making. The spirit and soul portions of a human are not made out of atom's or anything of this world but of another. You can't teleport someone's soul anymore than you can put it on a frying pan and cook it for dinner.
People get medicloriants(prolly miss-spelled) from Star Wars and the actual soul mixed up. :wink:

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
  • Last active: Nov 30 2018 08:50 PM

This project has rendered the concept of teleportation as plausible, but only on the atomic level.

Not really:

Quantum teleportation is unrelated to the common term teleportation - it does not transport the system itself, and does not concern rearranging particles to copy the form of an object.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
in a universe of infinite possibility, the possibility that man could exist at all is 1.0. why here? why now? why not?

teleportation is real. my cat teleports from sleep to her food dish every day.

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

sinkfaze
  • Moderators
  • 6367 posts
  • Last active: Nov 30 2018 08:50 PM

Keep in mind, man is made of 3 separate entities - Spirit, Soul, and Body.

You can't speak of spirit or soul in absolute terms. The body is a matter of fact; spirit and/or soul are presumed to exist a priori yet are unproven.

The spirit and soul portions of a human are not made out of atom's or anything of this world but of another.

Then how is it that the only means by which these characteristics can be ascertained is by a change in one's physical body (impairment, amnesia, coma, death, etc.)?

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
If you wack someone in the head, and there's no one around to hear it, is there a noise when they scream?

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
The question really boils down to your world view. How you "ascertain" anything greatly depends on that.
For myself I know that the soul is seperate from the body and I can't explain that anymore than someone can explain how people can sometimes 'sense' someone is watching them.
I can't argue absolute truths because it will come down to "what IS truth" or "what IS real". :lol:
However to respond to your question. I don't know anymore than anyone else if the spirit leaves the body during a coma. If it did why do they sometimes wake up? As for amnesia, our bodies are of this earth and are able to be destroyed the same way the wind damages a roof so your brain can also become damaged. It's not like any of the knowledge you gain from this life matters. If you believe in God you know he created everything and therefore knows everything therefore what you know is irrelevant.
I probably missed the point of your question so i'll brace myself for critisizm. :p

gargoyle888
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • Last active: Nov 10 2015 03:56 PM
Directed at the OP.

On a more mundane scale perhaps but a somewhat similar thought experiment:

Assume that your parents moved when you were an infant. The food that you ate as a child, that was digested and converted into the building blocks of your adult body, would have been different.

The physical matter that makes up the tip of the finger that taps a key on your keyboard would have been quite different. Yet presumably a finger would still be there.

Are brain cells that are the product of Boston Baked Beans the same as brain cells that are the product of California Avocados? They are certainly made of different matter.

Did a potential you die when your parents moved?

Aren't you just one of a multitude of people you could have been?

SoggyDog
  • Members
  • 803 posts
  • Last active: Mar 04 2013 06:27 AM

If you wack someone in the head, and there's no one around to hear it, is there a noise when they scream?

I wish our forums had a "Like" button :D

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts

I wish our forums had a "Like" button :D

Amen. :wink:

So many good thoughts!

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
in a purely scientific point of view using empirical standards

you must be able to prove and verify your results. This requires use of one or more of 5 senses and consciousness. Remove all 5 senses see, feel, smell, hear, or taste and the thing whatever it is is un verifiable. Man can create machines to see spectrum of light otherwise not perceivable we can measure vibrations to minute to perceive.... this thing that requires consciousness is the part that everyone forgets. perception. We assume that what is not perceptible does not exist. God, Soul, Ghosts, Super Saiyans, etc. because no man made device tool or sense can verify the existence of these entities. Even more scary is the idea that something that we cannot verify does exist. We lack the tools necessary to verify that every one else experiences everything we do. think of it like this. what i perceive as happy may be joy to you. what i perceive as scratchy may be soft to you. we assume that the sound of music in my head sounds the same to you when played with instruments. Let me make my case clearer. if a skizo dies because his constructs murder him you call him insane because he had a heart attack. Matter of fact aside from my ability to perceive with my very limited sense of senses i cant say for certain any of you are real or that my flesh is real. So what we fail to measure is our sense of perception. we have no way to do this. and therefore are victims of folly to believe that we have any understanding of anything.

Physicists theorize that it is a mere fluke that matter is in the same frequency and cannot share space. There for it is entirely possible that the so called imaginary people and places that so called insane people claim to be aware of are merely enhanced perception
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
<!-- m -->http://plato.stanfor...ries/existence/<!-- m -->
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.