Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Android Scripting!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic
LiquidGravity
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2014 04:11 PM
There is a scripting system that is being developed for on Android phones. http://code.google.c...roid-scripting/ It currently supports python, java script, and others. But not AutoHotkey yet. Anyone with the know how please add AutoHotkey support!

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
  • Last active: Sep 25 2015 03:03 PM
I'd like to know what you'd do with Ahk on an Android. I feel some examples are in order!

LiquidGravity logged off
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Just off the top of my head:
Automate changing numerous settings with the touch of one button.
Monitor folders.
Monitor net traffic.
Build apps for user input.
Test designs before making fully android apps.
Just about whatever you want cause its a programming language not just a macro software...

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
This is definitely intriguing... I'm going to have to look deeper into this. think of the potential for scripting android apps and games... yes. intriguing...

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Astrid
  • Guests
  • Last active:
any development on this?

LiquidGravity logged off
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Nothing on the AutoHotkey side afaik. I started learning python, but its structure is very odd when compared to AHK. Right now I've got to many projects going to start looking at it further.

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
Here's a question: how does one get started programming for Android as in creating apps?

I hear right now if you are able to create an Android App and you can get 5000 people to download it they will give you 5000$ and an unlocked model of their latest phone. Aparently they are trying to copmete with Apple.

codybear
  • Members
  • 600 posts
  • Last active: Feb 09 2015 12:41 PM

Here's a question: how does one get started programming for Android as in creating apps?

I hear right now if you are able to create an Android App and you can get 5000 people to download it they will give you 5000$ and an unlocked model of their latest phone. Aparently they are trying to copmete with Apple.

Where'd you hear about this 5,000 downloads thing?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert by any means; I just try to help out where I can.

Mickers
  • Members
  • 1239 posts
Friend of mine. Can't really tell you more than that. :?

wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2013 08:08 PM
There is this

http://appinventor.g...elabs.com/about

I signed up when it was first released but still haven't got around to exploring it fully. It's intended to allow school kids to build android apps but it also shows the code used so I thought would be a good springboard into android scripting.
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

• Guests
  • Last active:

With the winding down of Google Labs, Google will discontinue App Inventor as a Google product and will open source the code. Additionally, because of App Inventor’s success in the education space, we are exploring opportunities to support the educational use of App Inventor on an open source platform.

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.googlelab... ... GVsGPOaIgw<!-- m -->

wooly_sammoth
  • Members
  • 644 posts
  • Last active: Jul 03 2013 08:08 PM
I didn't see that.

Looks like I've left it too long to start building apps with it then.

Doh!
The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

LiquidGravity
  • Members
  • 156 posts
  • Last active: Oct 11 2014 04:11 PM
App Inventor was a great idea poorly implemented.

For example when I tried it; You had to use workarounds to actually have more than one "screen" per app. Many Android features were not available to use. Also required some third party workarounds to get the apps into the marketplace.

I think this will end up being great news. An open source version of App Inventor will probably get many more improvements sooner.

• Guests
  • Last active:

With the winding down of Google Labs, Google will discontinue App Inventor as a Google product and will open source the code. Additionally, because of App Inventor’s success in the education space, we are exploring opportunities to support the educational use of App Inventor on an open source platform.

Source: <!-- m -->http://www.googlelab... ... GVsGPOaIgw<!-- m -->

Android App Inventor Will Live On At MIT
<!-- m -->http://gizmodo.com/5... ... -on-at-mit<!-- m -->

Proverbialfunk
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 25 2011 06:43 PM
I would like to offer up a $30 bounty for anybody who could create either an AutoHotKey style app for Android, (albeit, leaner and not as good because I want to be realistic) - OR a Scritpt'er type solution that can say:

Click a shortcut: An Imput box opens up, you enter in the 7 Letters you've got in Words with Friends, it then pastes those into the end of the URL at 'Anagrammer.com' and opens the browser with your answers instantly displayed.

Click a shortcut - An input box opens up, you enter in a person's Email address whom you've just talked to (Think Sales call) - and it opens up your Gmail, types in the person's name under 'Compse New Message'- and then types up your canned sales pitch / follow up to that person.

"" "" - Type in a short cut and it goes and logs into your bank account, AdSense, or whatever else automatically faster than manually typing everything... or a stock symbol gets automatically looked up on Google Finance... ETC.

Thanks! Email me if you are sincerely interested in creating this or know where i can find a solution like this.