Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Android Scripting!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic
Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM
@LiquidGravity
Thanks! This is great! :D

@Proverbialfunk
It would be pretty simple with this app. There are functions for emailing and internet stuff. The scripts can be made into shortcuts on your home screen. You can get the user input like this with python (Disclaimer: I don't know python)

import android

droid = android.Android()

# pop-up input box
input = droid.dialogGetInput('Anagram', 'Give it to me!')

# just spit it out on a terminal
print input.result

aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

Proverbialfunk
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Last active: Aug 25 2011 06:43 PM
Frankie- When you say ' THIS APP' does that mean Python or AutoHotKey for Droid, which doesnt exist? I would love a shortcut like that, but what i think you're saying, is someone would have to write it in Python, then export it to a Droid shortcut somehow?

Thanks!

@LiquidGravity

@Proverbialfunk
It would be pretty simple with this app. There are functions for emailing and internet stuff. The scripts can be made into shortcuts on your home screen. You can get the user input like this with python (Disclaimer: I don't know python)

import android

droid = android.Android()

# pop-up input box
input = droid.dialogGetInput('Anagram', 'Give it to me!')

# just spit it out on a terminal
print input.result

• Guests
  • Last active:
"This app" refers to the app mentioned in the very first post (at least that is how I read it) which is quite logical as this thread discusses that app :wink:

Frankie
  • Members
  • 2930 posts
  • Last active: Feb 05 2015 02:49 PM

Frankie- When you say ' THIS APP' does that mean...

"This app" refers to the app mentioned in the very first post (at least that is how I read it) which is quite logical as this thread discusses that app :wink:

Exactly.
aboutscriptappsscripts
Request Video Tutorials Here or View Current Tutorials on YouTube
Any code ⇈ above ⇈ requires AutoHotkey_L to run

Guessed
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Purchase the tasker app for android. That is the closest i've seen to an ahk equivelant. It is very easy and has many built in monitored variables.

• Guests
  • Last active:
I second the tasker app. Very awesome app.

Mobius
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Last active: Jul 31 2015 01:53 PM
Well generally Android applications are written in java.

You could also look into Basic4Android http://www.basic4ppc.com/ however useful it is a shameful cash cow of the developers. The trend these days is either plaster apps with ads or expect money for some shiny piece of dross (thankfully there are also real developers for android that do not resort to such gimme gimme tactics).

I would not waste my time with android and Ahk just yet, not at least until one or the other or both are more developed.
Posted Image

ipstone
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Last active: Oct 29 2015 07:19 PM
on android, there's one thing called: autmateIT, of course it's nothing up to AHK , but it seems in a similar direction:
<!-- m -->https://play.google.... ... kage&hl=en<!-- m -->

I am thinking if there's a framework like AHK in javascript, things will be much easier accross different platforms

segalion
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Last active: Oct 16 2014 09:20 AM
Could be great to have ironAHK <!-- m -->http://www.ironahk.net/<!-- m --> at developement level of AHK...

With this, and <!-- m -->http://xamarin.com/monotouch<!-- m --> for IOS) we could make greats apps for windows, linux, OSX, and main smartphones.

If you want this, please ask polyethene to continue the project please post at...
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54494&start=540&hilit=ironahk">viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54494&start=540&hilit=ironahk</a><!-- l -->

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
ironAHK is not targeted towards Android development. It might be extended to do so, but I don't believe that it's a good idea because the systems differ too much.

shaqan
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Android is derivative of linux

Linux has package called Autokey.. look into that, might be easier to use than having to port over AHK

Learning Python would be even better.. It's AHK which has odd and "loose" syntax not Python.. especially visible after you have learned Autoit3 and Python both.. reason why AutoIT went into 3 and dropped v2 (which was from where AHK forked it's base code)

tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM

Bump :p

DrDave
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Jun 29 2013 12:34 PM

There is, after all, always Tasker...

bethanydasko
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Apr 27 2014 07:43 PM

I have registered JUST to bump up this thread and say as a business owner I'm looking for an app like this.  Or something.  And yes, I would pay for it!

Here's what I'm looking for - some kind of keystroke/swipe emulator/recorder that I could program to log me in and out of certain apps.  In the same way I could use AHK to record my mouse clicks and keyboard strokes.

Because I'm a business owner and I actually have several small online businesses, I have lots of different logins for social medias and whatnot.  It is VERY clunky to log in and out manually so I can switch my accounts, but I can't afford to NOT do it.  I can kinda get around it by being logged in to a site using my web browser on one account and the app on another.

BUT I specifically want this for Instagram, because their API does not allow posting photos via a web browser or third party apps, but it is so far the most effective way I have to market my products and interact with my customers.

So - is there anything like this in existence?  Does anyone want to make one?