Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

GUI ideas

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic
beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM

I'll make a note to research it when most of the other control types are done.

Don't make this a high priority, I currently have something similar with the style LBS_MULTIPLESEL (0x0008).

thanks,
beardboy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
firstly i think i requested reverse loop w/o much thinking... it can be easily done like this:

total = 15
loop, %total%
{
total --
msgbox %total%
}

the start from 14 and end at 0 can be easily fixed.

by the way the c (color option) is not followed by buttons. also, would it be easy to make an option available for control bg too for single controls? (low priority)

are tabs coming? :)

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

the c (color option) is not followed by buttons.

I haven't discovered an easy way to color the buttons, but I'll look into it for a future version.

would it be easy to make an option available for control bg too for single controls? (low priority)

That's on the list, thanks.

are tabs coming?

That's one of the hardest control types, but it's definitely planned.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
plz separate the ways to get the control's text and control's other values (like 1/0 for radio) for the following reasons:

-Its difficult to set control text using GuiControl cmd because if i give 1/0 intending the radio options to be 0/1/2/3, its treated differently.
-The same is the case with GuiControlGet cmd... i intend to get text and it gets me selected/unselected if the text is spl !
-And as simple control cmds dont work on listbox, so atleast for own guis i will be able to use this for all controls (listbox & others).

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

-Its difficult to set control text using GuiControl cmd because if i give 1/0 intending the radio options to be 0/1/2/3, its treated differently.

Thanks. I will add a new "text" sub-command that always sets the text rather than the contents.

-The same is the case with GuiControlGet cmd... i intend to get text and it gets me selected/unselected if the text is spl !

There is already an option to do that via the word "text". Example:
GuiControlGet, MyCheckbox,, Text

I've clarified the help file with the following: "To unconditionally retrieve a control's text/caption rather than its contents, specify the word Text for Param4."

-And as simple control cmds dont work on listbox, so atleast for own guis i will be able to use this for all controls (listbox & others).

I might change ControlGetText to get the current selection of a ListBox (I think it already works for ComboBox and DropDownList). Do you have any need to get the entire list of entries in a ListBox/ComboBox/DropDownList?

Also, are there any controls besides ListBox for which you would want better handling in ControlGet or ControlGetText? Thanks.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Thanks. I will add a new "text" sub-command that always sets the text rather than the contents.

The above has been added to the latest installer. Thanks for suggesting it.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
thanx for the addition.

Do you have any need to get the entire list of entries in a ListBox/ComboBox/DropDownList?

for the current needs i need the complete list but just for ahk's gui so there's separate cmd for it that now does it. i don't need it for outside listbox for now.

Also, are there any controls besides ListBox for which you would want better handling in ControlGet or ControlGetText?

i've just noticed it for listbox.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
there's a problem i faced while adding tabs (in sgui)... they appear behind pics added earlier... it took some time before i figured out that tabs are appearing albeit behind the grid!...i guess it should appear in front of pics added earlier.

also, can the limitation of 'one var can only be used for one control' in gui be removed?... ofcourse this'd have issues with guicontrol etc. but it can target the first found control... also only for specific uses one'd use one var for 2 controls... i've a use.

is it possible to add support for using icons directly from dlls/exes in guis and filecreateshortcut etc? ... btw i've seen icons from multi-icon-dlls (like shell32.dll) referred as path-to-file, icon-number.

thanx.

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

it took some time before i figured out that tabs are appearing albeit behind the grid!

Here is at least a partial solution. I'm having a hard time coming up with anything better due the problem of breaking other things: Immediately after you add a tab control, follow it with this line:
GuiControl, -0x4000000, SysTabControl321; i.e. remove WS_CLIPSIBLINGS

That will allow the tab to appear on top of the background picture.

The above cannot be done during control creation because apparently the OS overrides it. Also, it seems best not to generate that command as part of the user's script; use it only internally for SGUI. This is because removing WS_CLIPSIBLINGS from a Tab control might have unwanted side-effects (Microsoft says not to do it).

also, can the limitation of 'one var can only be used for one control' in gui be removed?... ofcourse this'd have issues with guicontrol etc. but it can target the first found control... also only for specific uses one'd use one var for 2 controls... i've a use.

I'd need a really good reason for that because:
1) It would prevent duplicate controls from being detected as errors during the execution of the script.
2) When "Gui Submit" is used, it's not clear which control should store its result into the variable.

is it possible to add support for using icons directly from dlls/exes in guis and filecreateshortcut etc? ... btw i've seen icons from multi-icon-dlls (like shell32.dll) referred as path-to-file, icon-number.

Sounds like a good idea, I'll add it to the GUI list (which is a large informal list separate from the published to-do list). Thanks.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I'd need a really good reason for that because...

yeah i agree about those problems... but with the currently available options i'm only able to make just one tab ctrl available to users (with ofcourse 256 tabs). though more than one tab ctrl will be rarely needed, its limiting.

maybe i can find another way if u make available all those nice gui in-built vars that u once mentioned... whatever happened to them?

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

I'd need a really good reason for that because...

yeah i agree about those problems... but with the currently available options i'm only able to make just one tab ctrl available to users (with ofcourse 256 tabs). though more than one tab ctrl will be rarely needed, its limiting.

Note that the "Gui Tab" command applies to the most recently added tab control. With this in mind, it should be possible to support more than one tab control. However, if it involves a lot of extra scripting effort, I can understand why you might not want to do it. If you can give more specifies, I might be able to help more (but you might not need any at this point).

maybe i can find another way if u make available all those nice gui in-built vars that u once mentioned... whatever happened to them?

They're still on the list.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

GuiControl, -0x4000000, SysTabControl321; i.e. remove WS_CLIPSIBLINGS

this did it. thanx!

for about a week i won't get coding time so maybe when i'll get back to it, we'll have those vars :) ...

but here's a li'l request... plz try to use the conventional cmd style for whichever future control possible... it'll make it easier to add its support in sgui and decrease chances for bugs... u can imagine the features like 'edit gui script' are massive! ...and i've to take care of everything that might be there in script (gui only)... and w/o dynamic commands its very tedious. so the conventional style will help.

for eg. u can use this for trackbar/slider

gui, add, slider, x10 y10 h20 w100 [vertical], slow|fast

thanx.

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Yes I will try; thanks.

By the way, I don't know if anyone here is willing to help you out on SGUI, but if they are perhaps they will speak up. They could then submit revised versions to you for review.

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
By the way, I don't know if anyone here is willing to help you out on SGUI, but if they are perhaps they will speak up. They could then submit revised versions to you for review.
I'm always here to help when I can, just let me know.

thanks,
beardboy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Thanx beardboy :)

Chris, is it possible to create auto-resizing functions (i mean without settimer etc.) like if u resize notepad window, the edit field resizes as well?

MIA