Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Poll: Are you missing OLE support in Autohotkey?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you missing OLE support in Autohotkey? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you missing OLE support in Autohotkey?

1. Yes, I'm missing OLE support (19 votes [59.38%])

Percentage of vote: 59.38%

2. No, I never needed OLE support (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. No and I even don't know what is OLE. (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

4. Other reply (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

AutoHotkey could make the whole process a lot easier by having more information in the Help files on how to use VBScript and JScript in AutoHotkey for example.

That's a good point; I've made a note to look into it. This might also be a good candidate for the forthcoming standard library, which will consist of a set of #Include files distributed with the program (and each documented in the help file).

I think CMDRET should be integrated into AutoHotkey and specific syntax for handling syntax from other scripting languages, like an "OtherScript" command (as oppose to just Fileappend), are needed.

CMDRET is still planned, but a lot of things keep slipping in front of it in terms of priority (lately, some of those things are improving the reliability of hotstrings, MouseClick, Send; and adding more GUI control types). To Corrupt: I apologize for procrastinating so long.

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
For anyone following this topic, please check out erictheturtle's Windows Scripting for Autohotkey. It allows you to embed VBScript and/or JScript directly into an AutoHotkey script. It's completely self-contained: no DLLs or external/temporary scripts are needed.

Please post any comments/feedback at http://www.autohotke...topic21674.html

anonymouse
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I hear AHK is superior in nearly every way to AutoIt3, and is free software as well. I've written up a short AutoIt3 routine (which I hope to promote into a perl module) that makes it very easy to quickly write up zero-install samba-sharable automation scripts wrapped in .bat files -- I can tell people to just start->run \\mymachine\bin\somescript.bat , no install or anything required. When the script is done, it leaves their systems untouched -- no files or registry entries left over.

The sole reason I haven't done this with AHK is the lack of OLE support. If AHK added comprehensive OLE support in the same way autoit did, with everything accessible via OLE properties and methods, I'd convert my routines over to it immediately. All I'd need is the typelib idl and the control contained in a single .dll (it's AutoItX3.dll for AutoIt3).

tank
  • Administrators
  • 4345 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active: May 02 2019 09:16 PM
Using Seans COM library
OLE/COM has full support tho i will admit autoit has superiour support for it. One would be mistaken to write off ahk for use with OLE/COM
Never lose.
WIN or LEARN.