Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Database Access

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic
sl_alagappan
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • Last active: Aug 23 2004 06:29 AM
will there b any commands to access Databases using ODBC or ADO in mere future?

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Probably not in the near future unless someone else does the coding, or unless there's some readily adaptable open source code out there to do it.

In the meantime, I believe there are some free command line DB access tools that might do the job (perhaps you could even call them from a script).

Bibliotheca
  • Guests
  • Last active:
While a setup routine I need to write an ODBC entry in the DNS of my system...

Anybody knows if the implementation is already done or how I can do it otherwise..?

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

T4eSQL
Connects to any ODBC database and executes a custom query, results can be written to a text file; useful for database monitoring (systables). This command line tool includes the option to read the entire command line and query information from text files, which enables large command structures and queries. It will also list in detail any error messages returned by the ODBC compliant database. Any ODBC database, such as Access, SQL Server, MSDE, Oracly, Sybase is supported. Look for ODBC connection strings on this page (outside link, not supported by Tools4ever):

[Download]

Part of a bundle of CMD Tools for professionals (like U). Use it with AHK's Run/RunWait command.

8)

Bibliotheca
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Last active: Feb 28 2005 09:34 AM
Well I can connect to an existing ODBC System DNS (which is cool :D ) but with this tool I can not create a new one... :cry: )

Mats
  • Guests
  • Last active:
You can use odbcconf.exe. It should already be on your system.
Start it with the parameter /? to get a help screen.

Have fun!

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

You can use odbcconf.exe

Cool ! Thx, Mate.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Correction. Thx, Mats mate.
Correction: Thx, Mate Mats.
Eh, :wink: just kidding. :lol:

Mats
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Cool ! Thx, Mate.

You're welcome, dude! :wink:

Bibliotheca
  • Members
  • 16 posts
either write directly into the registry (found the DNS in it) or export the registry and

Run, ODBC.reg, %A_WorkingDir%\ODBC Registry,
:?:

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
I noticed just now that the image BoBo posted attempts to set a cookie, perhaps the result of clever programming. My wonderful Firefox alerted me to this fact. :D

Chris, if you're terribly worried about this, you might want to remove that image and this post. If not, just leave this post as a semi-warning. Rare is the cookie that's malicious, but they're still out there.

Mats
  • Guests
  • Last active:

either write directly into the registry (found the DNS in it) or export the registry and

I'm not sure how stable this is if you use it across different versions of Windows (2k, xp,...)?!

Mats
  • Guests
  • Last active:

I'm not sure how stable this is if you use it across different versions of Windows (2k, xp,...)?!

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Chris, if you're terribly worried about this, you might want to remove that image

Yep, please remove it. I guess there's no need to show a naked DOSBox which btw could offend "mouse lovers" :wink:

Bibliotheca
  • Members
  • 16 posts

I had the same fear and I checked the OS with

if A_OSVersion = WIN_2000
{
    RegWrite, ...
}

:D