Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

GUI Alpha-Test Version Available

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic
Halide
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2004 10:41 PM
Thanks! you rock! 8)

• Guests
  • Last active:
Chris,
Is there a way to use & to underline one letter of text title for easy selection by one keystroke? If not, that would be a nice addition. Also, can the GUI interfaces be prepopulated if the info has already been gathered? Thanks

I am new to AutoHotkey but I have been able to automate almost everything to do with my email suport job in a Call Center no less. This means a lot to me since I was seriously injured from computer overuse and have been unable to work on a computer for years. While everyone else is typing away and using the mouse like crazy I can simply press a few keys and the info is gathered from various urls and both written to file and populated in various programs. Now with the GUI interface I will be able to get rid of the task of physically writing the info on paper since now I can make the perfect entry form that even my boss could understand. :lol:

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM

Is there a way to use & to underline one letter of text title for easy selection by one keystroke?

This is already an option at least with the latest version available to download.
gui, add, checkbox, w140, &Sample checkbox
gui, show,, Test GUI
WinWaitClose, Test GUI
thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Now with the GUI interface I will be able to get rid of the task of physically writing the info on paper since now I can make the perfect entry form that even my boss could understand.

That's good to hear; I hope it will meet all your needs when it's done.

This is already an option [for underlined shortcut keys] at least with the latest version available to download.

Although the letters get underlined, nothing seems to happen when you press the key (at least on my system). I think I need to add code to handle that, but I'll first check if there's some automatic way. I also plan to add menu shortcut keys, e.g. Ctrl+S being the same as File > Save.

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM

Although the letters get underlined, nothing seems to happen when you press the key (at least on my system).

It works on my alt+s in the example I posted.

Test this one:
gui, add, group, w160 h110, &MyGroup
gui, add, edit, w140 yp+20 xp+10
gui, add, checkbox, w140, &Sample checkbox
gui, add, button, w140, &Button
gui, show,, Test GUI
WinWaitClose, Test GUI

ButtonButton:
ExitApp

Edit: If you put an edit control right after a Group you can use the alt+key to get to that edit. But you can't do it on text controls. Might want to add that to the list.

thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

It works on my alt+s in the example I posted.

Thanks for persisting because I must have been pressing the Win key instead of Alt or something -- it does work.

If you put an edit control right after a Group you can use the alt+key to get to that edit.

Nice observation, I'll make a note to document it somewhere.

But you can't do it on text controls. Might want to add that to the list.

Yes, it would defintely be a good feature to have shortcut keys on a text control jump to an associated or nearest control. Thanks.