Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Toggle Suspend Hotkeys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
Honest Abe
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • Last active: Jan 08 2015 08:56 PM
Is there a hotkey to toggle 'Suspend Hotkeys' ?
Or is it possible to make one?

Thanks!

Alpha Bravo
  • Members
  • 1687 posts
  • Last active: Nov 07 2015 03:06 PM
PLEASE READ IF YOU'RE NEW: How to Get Answers Effectively

Toggle Suspend and Pause with Pause button

Innomen
  • Members
  • 63 posts
  • Last active: Apr 30 2014 06:35 PM
I just want to point out that sometimes it is questions like these, which are ironically universally scorned, that prove the most helpful to later searchers. Like me, right now.

Case in point:
My search for information about suspending hotkeys. My first course of action was a documentation search, not helpful. My second was a forum search, which led me to here, and my answer. (Awesome.)

But I also found a newb scold, as if the OP's question was less than kosher on the grounds that presumably the link given could have been found without making this post. This is not the case always.

I just felt it a good idea to point out that this behavior is actually helpful because it expands the wording that can lead one to a solution. Not everyone thinks in the same way, and thus not everyone searches with the same keywords. These single question with answer posts bridge that gap nicely. I would like all forum moderator and helper type to consider this before assuming laziness or stupidity.

My search did not lead me to the page linked (which contained my solution,) it led me here. And had the scolder not included a link, I'd still be searching.

So thanks OP, and thanks scolder for including the link.

Just because there is an answer doesn't mean it's always easy to find. Especially for beginners or casual users.

That is all :)

Honest Abe
  • Members
  • 310 posts
  • Last active: Jan 08 2015 08:56 PM
Toggle suspend:

f1::suspend

Close the script:

f2::exitapp

Reload the script:

f3::reload

Edit the script:

f4::edit

I find that including this speeds up editing / testing:

back = open the script in notepad
forward = save and exit notepad
refresh = reload

browser_back::edit

browser_forward::
send ^{s}
send !{f4}
return

browser_refresh::reload

You could add reload at the bottom of the browser_forward hotkey,
but I prefer having it separate.

monsto
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Dec 19 2014 04:47 AM
woops dbl post.

monsto
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Dec 19 2014 04:47 AM

I just want to point out that sometimes it is questions like these, which are ironically universally scorned, that prove the most helpful to later searchers. Like me, right now.

Case in point:
My search for information about suspending hotkeys. My first course of action was a documentation search, not helpful. My second was a forum search, which led me to here, and my answer. (Awesome.)

But I also found a newb scold, as if the OP's question was less than kosher on the grounds that presumably the link given could have been found without making this post. This is not the case always.

I just felt it a good idea to point out that this behavior is actually helpful because it expands the wording that can lead one to a solution. Not everyone thinks in the same way, and thus not everyone searches with the same keywords. These single question with answer posts bridge that gap nicely. I would like all forum moderator and helper type to consider this before assuming laziness or stupidity.

My search did not lead me to the page linked (which contained my solution,) it led me here. And had the scolder not included a link, I'd still be searching.

So thanks OP, and thanks scolder for including the link.

Just because there is an answer doesn't mean it's always easy to find. Especially for beginners or casual users.

That is all :)

This simply cannot be said enough. I landed at this post via web search as well. It was the 2nd result of my search (the first being the docs).

MANY MANY times, I'm googlin my fingertips off and land on forum after forum where a question like this has scoffing, ridiculing replies, a thread-lock for the effort, and no answers. . . when a simple link to the FAQ would be not only the answer but a quiet note for posterity.

My favorite is a "serch teh forum, noob" answer . . . on a forum that has locked out guest searching.

Lemurbutt
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Nov 07 2015 10:59 AM

Seeing this answer actually simplifies a LOT of things.

But I still wonder, is it possible to un-suspend the script without using another script?