Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

AutoReplace

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic
watwinc
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: May 22 2014 05:40 PM

WIN+h - I downloaded wikipedia_autocorrect.ahk, and it runs very well - except that the WIN+h combination doesn't do anything. Any ideas, please?

Charles From VA
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Last active: Aug 18 2015 05:59 AM

I thank all the contributors to this script; it's been a godsend! I have made some modifications to what I downloaded. The script was substituting "January" when I type "January" and deleting the space after, which resulted in my dates having no space between the month and the day. I realized that it was a matter of the script seeing "january" and "January" as being identical. I added #Hotstring c before and #Hotstring c0 after the section and it's working fine now. 

My modified script is below (you'll note that I also added the zodiac signs, which weren't included in the download).

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Capitalise dates and zodiac signs
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#Hotstring c

::monday::Monday
::tuesday::Tuesday
::wednesday::Wednesday
::thursday::Thursday
::friday::Friday
::saturday::Saturday
::sunday::Sunday 

::january::January
::february::February
; ::march::March                                                                    ; Commented out because it matches the common word "march".
::april::April
; ::may::May                                                                        ; Commented out because it matches the common word "may".
::june::June
::july::July
::august::August
::september::September
::october::October
::november::November
::december::December

::aries::Aries
::aquarius::Aquarius
::capricorn::Capricorn
; ::cancer::Cancer                                                                  ; Commented out because it matches the common word "cancer".
::gemini::Gemini
::leo::Leo
::libra::Libra
::pisces::Pisces
::sagittarius::Sagittarius
::scorpio::Scorpio
::taurus::Taurus
::virgo::Virgo

#Hotstring c0                                                                       ; Return to case-insensitive strings

At the end of the section of Accented English words, I also added strings for diacritical marks on individual letters, using /' for an acute accent and /{`} for a grave accent, /^ for a caret, /~ for a tilde, /.. for a diaerisis (umlaut), /o for an o above the letter, and /, for a circumflex. 

I then used double slashes to combine two letters, as in AE// to Æ, ss// to ß, c// to ¢, and ss.// to §. I then finished with various currency and other symbols.

#Hotstring c                                                                        ; Make strings case-sensitive

:?*:A/{`}::À
:?*:A/'::Á
:?*:A/^::Â
:?*:A/~::Ã
:?*:A/..::Ä
:?*:A/o::Å
:?*:AE//::Æ
:?*:C/,::Ç
:?*:E/{`}::È
:?*:E/'::É
:?*:E/^::Ê
:?*:E/..::Ë
:?*:I/{`}::Ì
:?*:I/'::Í
:?*:I/^::Î
:?*:I/..::Ï
:?*:N/~::Ñ
:?*:O/{`}::Ò
:?*:O/'::Ó
:?*:O/^::Ô
:?*:O/~::Õ
:?*:O/..::Ö
:?*:O//::Ø
:?*:U/{`}::Ù
:?*:U/'::Ú
:?*:U/^::Û
:?*:U/..::Ü
:?*:Y/'::Ý
:?*:Y/..::Ÿ
:?*:a/{`}::à
:?*:a/'::á
:?*:a/^::â
:?*:a/~::ã
:?*:a/..::ä
:?*:a/o::å
:?*:ae//::æ
:?*:c/,::ç
:?*:e/{`}::è
:?*:e/'::é
:?*:e/^::ê
:?*:e/..::ë
:?*:i/{`}::ì
:?*:i/'::í
:?*:i/^::î
:?*:i/..::ï
:?*:n/~::ñ
:?*:o/{`}::ò
:?*:o/'::ó
:?*:o/^::ô
:?*:o/~::õ
:?*:o/..::ö
:?*:o/x::ð
:?*:o//::ø
:?*:ss//::ß
:?*:ss.//::§
:?*:u/{`}::ù
:?*:u/'::ú
:?*:u/^::û
:?*:u/..::ü
:?*:y/'::ý
:?*:y/..::ÿ
:?*:c//::¢
:?*:deg/::°
:?*:L/-::£
:?*:Y/=::¥
:?*:///::÷
:?*:*/::×                                                                           ; Multiplication symbol

#Hotstring c0                                                                       ; Return to case-insensitive strings

I'm also wondering if it would be helpful to add a section of abbreviations or phrases that should always be capitalized, such as U.S., U.K., Great Britain, Federal Government, etc.? I don't know where one would find a definitive list of the phrases, though. (Maybe this is best left to individual users; as this would be more along the line of substitution strings rather than spelling corrections?)

Thanks for all the work that's gone into this!

Charles From VA
  • Members
  • 10 posts

WIN+h - I downloaded wikipedia_autocorrect.ahk, and it runs very well - except that the WIN+h combination doesn't do anything. Any ideas, please?

It only works if you have something selected. So if you type "misteak" frequently and want to add it to the script, double-click the word "misteak" and hold down the Win key and touch the "h". You should get a dialog box like this:

15945954462_cd27eb16c0_o.png

You then need to reload the script for your addition to take effect.

I realize it's been months since you posted; hope this helps!

RAPBob
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Feb 06 2017 02:03 PM

Is it possible for AutoReplace to replace whole phrases or strings of text? This could make it possible to create an as-you-type, "context-sensitive" spell corrector rather than one that depends solely on a list of single misspelled words.

Charles From VA
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Is it possible for AutoReplace to replace whole phrases or strings of text? This could make it possible to create an as-you-type, "context-sensitive" spell corrector rather than one that depends solely on a list of single misspelled words.

Do you have some examples? You can certainly modify the script to include what you want. If, for example, you wanted to always use "for instance" instead of "for example", the script would be as below. Note that I put a section header in to group these sorts of corrections so you can find them easily.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Phrases
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
::for example::for instance

You can add additional phrases as you like.

A better solution, however, might be to have a simple substitution string for common phrases that you use frequently, although this requires that you remember the abbreviation you've set for the string:

::arr::All rights reserved
::net10::Net 10 days.
::net30::Net 30 days.
::sase::self-addressed, stamped envelope
::SASE::Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope

Hope this answered your question; if not, please give some examples and I will attempt to help you further.

mogadon
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Last active: Nov 06 2015 01:44 PM

Don't know how to calculate it but AutoReplace must have saved me hours!  Can anyone please tell me how to add the following enhancement:

I use the abbreviation ibid. frequently and I'd like it to be in italics, automatically.