Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

:: SmartGUI Creator ::

• Please log in to reply
850 replies to this topic
Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

combobox has some problem, which Chris might be able to explain ... just minimize & maximize the main window

I thought about it but didn't come up with a ready explanation. Try doing a quick WinHide + WinShow (or some other fast operation) to get the entire window to redraw.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM
Thanx Chris ...using your idea I saw that WinHide/WinShow fixed the problems with combobox/pic, but the window flashed (which i didn't like much) after every control add... then from your idea it occurred to me to just hide/show the control and bingo!
(though combobox still isn't clearly visible while moving/resizing)

When inserting a picture or a combobox, they seem to dissapear when moving or resizing them.

-I don't exactly know what is the problem with combobox (i'm sure Chris will kill whatever it is at some time), but with the release 1.2 turn-off grid before adding/modifying a combobox and it shouldn't bother you.

When resizing the groups, it takes part of the image behind it with it so you can't see whatat is behind the group when resizing it.

-same reason as pic. but that happens only while u give it the upper-left position... after that there's no unruly behaviour. I can fix it right away, but the way is to refresh control with every mouse move... i'll try to find a better way.

If you resize the images to make them smaller they go back to full size when you run the script.

-In GUI ideas post i've already mentioned this to Chris and he said that he'll fix that soon.

Thanx for the feedback... let me know if there are other issues ... I'll try to better whatever I can....also its better that Chris gets to know now if something in GUI feature needs ironing out, instead of much later.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Release 1.2

Changes:
-Middle mouse button will open SmartGUI menu if its the active app. (thanx Jon)
-Fixes regarding newly created controls not showing properly. (thanx Chris and Jon)
-Fixed a bug which caused the hidden grid to return if a pic is added.
-Added option to Undo last deleted control !
-Made tooltip help Not always on top (yes you can do that!)
-Changed grid color (looks better?)

MIA

Candle
  • Members
  • 326 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2010 03:04 PM
what happens if no middle button?

Mayhem
  • Members
  • 104 posts
  • Last active: Oct 18 2005 08:52 PM
Once i have my GUI created, how to i implement it into my script?

All i get is :

Error at line 3 :

Gui, Add, Checkbox, x474 y558 w60 h160, Checkbox
Error : this line does not contain a reconized action.

This program will now close.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
BobHeart, u always have the tray menu! ... is it that u need some other hotkey?

Mayhem, get latest download of ahk and read 1st page posts below my post.

MIA

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I seem to remember that you've to drop the "GUI script" onto the Alpha-Test-AutoHotkey.exe (which contains the necessary code to interprete the new commands/features). So maybe you can use something like this inside an existing script:

Run, AutoHotkey.exe "C:\MyGUIScript.ahk"

TBH could be pure nonsense ... :oops:

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:

Real nice . no reason to do the form maker I was going to do

Ultimately, any layout editor written in a scripting language such as AutoHotkey might run up against certain limitations. For example, it might turn out to be difficult or impossible to do multi-select so that a group of controls can all be dragged to a new location. In light of this, crafting a layout editor in a real programming language might someday have its advantages.

I say this not because I expect anyone to write such an tool, but just in case they wanted to do so anyway and didn't want to get discouraged.

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
Download link appears to be down again.

thanks,
beardboy

Candle
  • Members
  • 326 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2010 03:04 PM

Download link appears to be down again.

thanks,
beardboy

<!-- m -->http://www.candles-w... ... artGUI.zip<!-- m -->
Works for me :)

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
I thought it was my firewall at work, but remoted onto my computer at home and ran into the same problem. But it is working now. Very good stuff. Great work as always Rajat, and to everyone who has made suggestions.

thanks,
beardboy

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
Would it be possible to have the option to open a script created by SmartGUI? I made the GUI, exited and then decided I wanted to change some stuff, but had to do it manually (I'm lazy).

If you turn on "Ask Control Label" and create a couple of controls, and then modify any control it's label will be renamed to the last control created. But only when you save it. If you modify multiple controls, any control you modify gets renamed.

thanks,
beardboy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

I seem to remember that you've to drop the "GUI script" onto the Alpha-Test-AutoHotkey.exe

get the latest ahk download... it has gui support.

Would it be possible to have the option to open a script created by SmartGUI? I made the GUI, exited and then decided I wanted to change some stuff, but had to do it manually (I'm lazy).

right now the option available to u is to use my modded GuiAsst. though i've plans to add support for this right into SGUI... but i'm pondering over different ideas which'll help not break any existing function.

If you turn on "Ask Control Label" and create a couple of controls, and then modify any control it's label will be renamed to the last control created. But only when you save it. If you modify multiple controls, any control you modify gets renamed.

thanx. i will try to fix it soon.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
is it okay to add support to edit existing gui by the following way, or should i think of something else in case it sounds a bit crude:

if a file named gui2edit.ahk is found in the SmartGUI's folder then it goes into edit mode, otherwise normal mode.

btw if it helps ... i can include option for custom hotkeys in next release.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Relase 1.3

Changes:
-Fixed the bug that caused a modified custom label control to set its label to other controls too. (thanx beardboy)
-Fixed a bug that caused a control to still be created by a default name if on the edit label input box cancel is pressed.
-Improved GUI updation of controls during manipulation. should really help pic control.
-Added 'Test GUI' feature. It'll generate the resultant GUI script and run it, while still keeping SmartGUI open, so that u can see how the resultant GUI will exactly look without finally exiting the program.
-Added 'Custom Hotkeys' feature. hotkey help shows correct custom hotkeys. edit SmartGUI.ini to customize hotkeys.

MIA