Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

:: SmartGUI Creator ::

• Please log in to reply
850 replies to this topic
beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • Last active: May 27 2017 08:41 AM
Rajat, awesome stuff as always.

With Move Group if you create a GroupBox and put it in the top left corner (X:10 Y:20) you can't highlight the GroupBox to move it. Also it would be nice if you could use Move Group and highlight up and to the left instead of just down and to the right.

Could some file options be added. When you go to exit sgui you could have an option to name the file, and when it saves it have in the INI file a directory setting for where to default save the files to. Same thing with Edit GUI Script, have a directory setting for where to look for those files. Those two different optional directories could possibly be the same directory, but I could also see where they would be different folders.

With the addition of the Hotkeys in the INI file the Tooltip help needs to be updated, maybe an option to change the text in the INI. Also an option to turn off the tooltip, even though it isn't always on top. But have a hotkey that would toggle it on or off for a quick check like F1.

thanks,
beardboy

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
Could you add an option to drag and drop an AHK file on sgui to quickly Edit GUI script?

thanks,
beardboy

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
  • Last active: Jul 17 2015 07:45 AM

With Move Group if you create a GroupBox and put it in the top left corner (X:10 Y:20) you can't highlight the GroupBox to move it. Also it would be nice if you could use Move Group and highlight up and to the left instead of just down and to the right.

-i'll see if i can determine successfully by mouse positions whether one is going right-down or left-up and make the selection behave. early testing wasn't very fulfilling.

Could some file options be added. When you go to exit sgui you could have an option to name the file, and when it saves it have in the INI file a directory setting for where to default save the files to. Same thing with Edit GUI Script, have a directory setting for where to look for those files. Those two different optional directories could possibly be the same directory, but I could also see where they would be different folders.

-earlier when i started creating this i'd hardcoded the file name just to quickly get started, so that i could fix that later. then the script grew bigger and bigger and i didn't fix it, not knowing what might break! :) ... but that'll now surely be in the next release.

With the addition of the Hotkeys in the INI file the Tooltip help needs to be updated, maybe an option to change the text in the INI. Also an option to turn off the tooltip, even though it isn't always on top. But have a hotkey that would toggle it on or off for a quick check like F1.

-help on or off will be in next release. but does anyone really change hotkeys?... apart from maybe the menu showing hotkey, all others would i guess be same on each system.... i've chosen pretty meaningful hotkeys for remembering easily (del, Ctrl-C, Alt etc.)

Could you add an option to drag and drop an AHK file on sgui to quickly Edit GUI script?

-if u mean dropping on sgui icon then that can be easily done ...but if u mean dropping file on sgui window, then i'm sorry i don't think it can be scripted untill some exstyle options like $GUI_ACCEPTFILES (from au3) are available.

thanx.

MIA

CleanNews.in : Bite sized latest news headlines from India with zero bloat

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
it occurred to me that once one gets used to sgui, he'll not need help tooltip so wouldn't it be better to make a menu item enabling/disabling help, and the setting saved to ini file. it can be re-enabled from menu easily...instead of loading help everytime and then hotkey-disabling it.

what do u think?

MIA

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
It might be good to have a menu bar for many of these things (to put things within easier reach). When I get menu accelerator keys added (such as the option to have Ctrl-S for save), the menu bar can be made even better.

SGui is looking great!

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
no, menubar won't do... as sgui's main window should always look like the final product.

though a toolbar can be done...

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

the solution was already there... we both just didn't notice it... u can start a selection box right from the border of SmartGUI widow's top-left corner! ... it can cover everything on the form.
thanx for bringing that up.

MIA

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts

-if u mean dropping on sgui icon then that can be easily done

Yes, just drag and drop onto the icon.

wouldn't it be better to make a menu item enabling/disabling help, and the setting saved to ini file. it can be re-enabled from menu easily

I agree that is better.

the solution was already there... we both just didn't notice it... u can start a selection box right from the border of SmartGUI widow's top-left corner! ... it can cover everything on the form.

Yeah it looks like the key is that you have to get the highlighting box to start above the Text for the GroupBox. Thanks.

no, menubar won't do... as sgui's main window should always look like the final product.

though a toolbar can be done...

How about a menubar on the GUI Statistics window?

Thanks again to both Chris for all his work on AHK and the great addition of GUI's. And Rajat for sgui and it's ease of use on creating great looking GUI's quickly.

thanks,
beardboy

Chris
  • Administrators
  • 10727 posts
  • Last active:
Another alternative to a menu bar would be a button that pops up a vertical menu, which in turn has submenus inside it. Just something to think about -- I'm not certain it would make it better.

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts

How about a menubar on the GUI Statistics window?

oh that window is progress window! ;)

by the way making it gui will right now create another taskbar entry.

also, is there some specific problem with the current menu system?... i really would like to know.

MIA

beardboy
  • Members
  • 443 posts
I don't think there is a problem, I don't have a middle button on my laptop so I just changed it to +RButton to bring up the menu.

thanks,
beardboy

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Hi Rajat,
Can I have the source code for this script? I'm not going to copy anything I swear, I just want to learn from it if it's allright with you ;)

Also, your program uses syntaxes from GUI Alpha1, incase you didn't know, Alpha2 is out now with different syntaxes (e.g. Combo is now DropDownList). Please update it :D

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Release 2.0 supports GUI Alpha2... download again.

and for source code releasing... i've not really decided about that... also, earlier my plan was to release it after fully commenting it... but now its about 900 lines of code with nearly no comments so u might not find it easy to understand.

MIA

Rajat
  • Members
  • 1904 posts
Release 2.1

Changes:
-MoveGroup window changed...u can now move in 2 directions at once. (eg. up+left)
-Help can be hidden optionally (thanx beardboy)
-File to save generated GUI script to, is user specified (thanx beardboy)
-Save folder and load folder are remembered (thanx beardboy)
-Made grid adapt to different visual themes by not showing at wrong locations.
-Added support for passing the gui script to edit as first cmd line param, which also means u can drop an ahk gui script on SmartGUI's icon and edit it (u can keep SmartGUI's icon in your sendto folder) (thanx beardboy)
-If SmartGUI doesn't find it's .ini file, it'll create one with default settings.

MIA

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM
Rajat, I don't mind wether it doesn't have any coding. There are just some aspects of your program that I find interesting and wish to learn.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit