Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

An Excellent Font for Program/Text Editor

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic
JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

http://www.fontsvill...ads/93071_27859

...wow a miscellaneous url with no info!...yay...I want that!...not...
[*:g4apj372]fontsville.com search: Corporate
[*:g4apj372]Demo Image
[*:g4apj372]Character Set (apparently this font don't have the chars...F k Q v 3 # = /...but has 2 commas {just kidding...but the guy who made the charset image was smoking something})
...& now that I know about it...
[*:g4apj372]Download...btw the font's NAME is Corporate Mono...but I guess that wasn't important enough to post either?
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

antonyb
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Last active: Mar 07 2006 09:24 AM
Go back, read the subject of my post...

:shock:

Ant.

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
:) Who read the subjects of submessages? :O
I already rant when somebody think that the subject of the topic isn't worth repeating in the body of the first message...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

antonyb
  • Members
  • 61 posts
  • Last active: Mar 07 2006 09:24 AM

Who read the subjects of submessages?

Um. Me. I guess I'm in a minority of one... :wink:

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
Honestly, it is because it was in the context of the thread that I took a look at the subject of your message... :O
This feature is rarely used (alas?), so we loose the habit of reading it.
Of course, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be used! Only that one must not rely on it to convey an important (but short!) message...
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

JSLover
  • Members
  • 920 posts
  • Last active: Nov 02 2012 09:54 PM

Go back, read the subject of my post...

...yes...right as I was posting I noticed that...but still...in phpBB the subject line of replies is so small I never read it...it needs to have a bigger font or be bold or something...PLUS...no one ever uses it (in replies...in topics it's a MUST)...but why did you just post an anonymous url anyway?
Useful forum links: New content since: Last visitPast weekPast 2 weeks (links will show YOUR posts, not mine)

OMFG, the AutoHotkey forum is IP.board now (yuck!)...I may not be able to continue coming here (& I love AutoHotkey)...I liked phpBB, but not this...ugh...

Note...
I may not reply to any topics (specifically ones I was previously involved in), mostly cuz I can't find the ones I replied to, to continue helping, but also just cuz I can't stand the new forum...phpBB was soo perfect. This is 100% the opposite of "perfect".

I also semi-plan to start my own, phpBB-based AutoHotkey forum (or take over the old one, if he'll let me)
PM me if you're interested in a new phpBB-based forum (I need to know if anyone would use it)
How (or why) did they create the Neil Armstrong memorial site (neilarmstronginfo.com) BEFORE he died?

user
  • Members
  • 476 posts
  • Last active: Dec 23 2011 07:18 PM

http://www.fontsvill...ads/93071_27859

By far my favourite, and I've spent a long time researching :)

the link doesnt work

any updated?

pepoluan
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Last active: Jun 18 2007 07:16 PM
We at Hydrogenaudio already had a nice discussion re: monospaced fonts.

See it in the following thread:

<!-- m -->http://www.hydrogena... ... opic=47855<!-- m -->
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

SKAN
  • Administrators
  • 9115 posts
  • Last active:

Here's a site that contains a list of monospace programmer's fonts, sorted from best to worst (according to their tastes): <!-- m -->http://www.lowing.org/fonts/<!-- m -->

Anonymous Regular is my current favorite.
kWo4Lk1.png

malathion
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Last active: Feb 15 2013 09:05 PM
I definitely recommend Consolas or Déjà vu Sans.

Desi
  • Members
  • 162 posts
  • Last active: Apr 15 2015 09:51 AM
Good to see some mentions of Consolas. Excellent font, very readable. I use it at 10pt with EditPad Pro's AHK syntax highlighting. It's also very easy to distinguish problem characters like l/I/1 and O/0 (the zero is crossed for clarity).

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
Andale Mono was my favorite for a long time. I think it is still available from the Windows font packs on Sourceforge (IIRC) (these fonts used to be free on the Microsoft site, and were marked as "free to redistributed", but MS made them no longer available on their site).

DejaVu Sans Mono is quite close of Andale Mono.

My current favorite is Envy Code R.
I appreciate how it distinguish well () from {}...

NewFontAlert
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Check out "Source Code Pro"
http://blogs.adobe.c...e-code-pro.html